It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the true nature of reality?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Makes me think about some movies and a show Red Dwarf where in reality they were all in the same video game. So they died and the game was over and they disconnected from the game and went on with their real lives..... What if there were many levels of this?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I think this is the way the Universe expresses itself through material interaction.

I'm almost on the same track. I believe our CREATOR (Universe) expresses ITSELF through US so WE create physical manifestations and situations in which to interact with - therefore expanding, with each minute variation - "ALL THAT IS." Peace, friend.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What if we're each our own localized universe interacting with other localized universes? When we look at the stars, isn't the whole picture a part of our perception? So how can we say the universe is not a part of us?

I think we are each a "parallel universe" interacting with one another. If the universe is holographic in nature (which could very well be the case) then we can see each of ourselves as a "slice" of the holographic pie containing the entire pie (universe) within us.

What happens when a holographic apple is cut in half? Two full apples emerge. Each of us a slice of the apple retaining the full form of the original.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

When we look at the stars, isn't the whole picture a part of our perception? So how can we say the universe is not a part of us?

You objectivity to wonder that makes you separate from it, and still a part of it.

I'm not you.

I am the Walrus.

Koo,koo kachoo…

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Unknowable.

Not just ‘unknown’; unknowable.

Here is a paper (in PDF format) that explains why.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Science tells us that local realism is an illusion. Test after test violates any notion of local realism in favor of a non local reality.

So what's the true nature of reality? Is there such a thing as a reality that we can actually know?

First, let's define 'knowledge';

The new, critically updated, all inclusive, Universal definition of 'Knowledge';

"'Knowledge' is 'that which is perceived', Here! Now!!"

All inclusive!

That which is perceived by the unique individual Perspective is 'knowledge'.
All we can 'know' is what we perceive, Now! and Now! and Now!!!

'Ignorance' is that which is NOT perceived, at any particular moment, by any particular unique Perspective! Here! Now!

Which means that every unique moment of Universal existence is a single unique moment of Knowledge!
Thus, all is Known!

Now that we know what knowledge is, lets relate it to 'Reality'!

There is One (unchanging, ALL inclusive) Universal Reality!
Everything exists!
Thus everything is Real/Truth!

SO, all we can ever 'Know' is Reality!
Due to the inherent limitations of each unique individual Perspective, that 'slice' of this Reality that is known at any moment, does not in any way represent the 'complete picture' of Reality!

"The acceptance and understanding of other Perspectives furthers our acquaintance with Reality!"

But it is ALL Reality!

Existence = the complete Universe = Nature = Reality = Consciousness = Truth = Love = 'Self!' = God = Brahman = Tao = ... etc....
ALL INCLUSIVE!!
'One'!

An illustration;

'Point to the left'.
Easy.
Note where you are pointing.
Now turn 1 degree and point to the left.
Again note the results.
Now another degree, etc...
And another 1/4 of a degree...
Turn in every possible direction, on every possible axis!
It turns out that every direction is 'left', 'left' is a 'cloud needing a particular Perspective to have any 'direction' at all!
Now point to the 'right'!
Same drill!
Note that the exact same cloud of 'left', is also, at the same moment, a cloud of 'right'!
And a cloud of 'up'!
And a cloud of 'down'...
Do the experiment!

The only 'distinctions' that can even be called 'left' or 'right', OR 'up' and 'down'... are a matter of Perspective!

Ultimately, We are One (unchanging (motionless), all inclusive) 'Cloud'/Reality, that can only be perceived due to our inherently limited Perspective culling out everything but that which is directly 'before us' to perceive, our 'left'!

Make any sense? *__-

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
pie.....phi...im hungry....
darkness....if there is such thing we yet dont understand it....void...like a vacuum? wheres the power? so in other words...the one? neo? inception? sucker punch? all....every single one of them included...'we' make 'our' reality....so
which ever one does us best works...or so we think works...
what do i know....i been up a while and rdy to sleep...
me 2 cents...
oh wait...
sasuke....uchiha...maybe thatll help?
a reply to: neoholographic

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The true nature of reality can only be understood mathematically, not through words. It has been recently proved that the sacred geometries of various religions are equivalent representations of the same Holistic Reality. They have been shown to encode the nature of cosmic reality - both physical and superphysical - in analogous ways. For details, see here
Be advised: first get the theoretical background by studying the sections listed in the menu, starting with "Sacred geometry."

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

in perspective there are an infinite number of orientations pointed in the same direction.

That direction being all directions at the same time, everywhere at once and instantaneously.

Moments are infinite so therefore one consideration is that all things that happen at once is a perspective.

An orientation to reality that relates in the context of observation, potentially beyond what we define as reality and in general.

edit on 7-1-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
The true nature of reality can only be understood mathematically, not through words. It has been recently proved that the sacred geometries of various religions are equivalent representations of the same Holistic Reality. They have been shown to encode the nature of cosmic reality - both physical and superphysical - in analogous ways. For details, see here
Be advised: first get the theoretical background by studying the sections listed in the menu, starting with "Sacred geometry."

Hi I sent you a PM because I was wondering if you could help me interpret something.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Christianity is the real world, follow the word and everything fits together perfectly. Don't believe me do some research and test it according to whats going on in the world today.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Reality has to do with more than just one point of view. It has to do with all points of view and in relation to, what is everything, from the point of view of a moment.

Perhaps in consideration of all thoughts? It is something alive that perceives beyond what we define as real.

To present that God is Love is to present that Love is alive.

It also suggests that in relation to reality Love takes up space as well as time.

Reality from this point of view suggests an orientation to reality, where what we understand as objective, is in fact their version of the subjective.

It means Love in relation to all things is as real and objective from some perspective as a meal keeps one alive.

All major religions presents Love as consistent with comprehension of God.
edit on 8-1-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The true nature of reality cannot be known because it is what is knowing. Without the 'knowing' aspect being present, nothing could appear to exist - that which is knowing does not appear to be known.
All that appears disappears but that which does not appear can never disappear.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
How are you defining 'reality'; as the Cosmos (the absolute IAM desire/willfullness) speaks to Infinity; a platform for a willed existence overlay by the Absolute saying this: you are my slave even though infinite I control you as can overlay thought patterns upon your infinite being (I use your space).

edit on 9-1-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing
Reality (to me) is what is real. I would say that for 'something' to be real it is constant.
The knowing aspect is constant but it cannot be known because it is knowing.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
Science tells us that local realism is an illusion. Test after test violates any notion of local realism in favor of a non local reality.

So what's the true nature of reality? Is there such a thing as a reality that we can actually know?

After we die is the true nature darkness or a void? Does consciousness still exist in some spirit form? Are we in a digital or virtual reality and we just get rebooted into another reality?

I think it's the latter. I think we're approximations of an approxomation and this just continues ad infinitum. We're getting closer to making simulations of the universe and there's already projects working on "resurrecting" your past loved ones and this will allow you to interact with your loved ones in virtual environments.

This avatar will just be an approximation of your past loved one. Now imagine 100 simulated realities with 100 different avatars of past loved ones. Each avatar will just be an approxomation of an approxamation. So what is the true nature of your past loved one? There really isn't one.

This is what I think reality is. It's just an approxomation of something else and it's never exact.

So there could be billions of simulated universes each with a different approxomation of "you" and each version of "you" thinks it's the "real you."

I think I stick to Jesus Christ's resurrection project, a mental resurrection followed by a future physical resurrection. Before believing the multiverse/multiself story, which is just a feedback universe (Larsen effect), a distorted mental image.
edit on 9-1-2016 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Reality (to me) is what is real. I would say that for 'something' to be real it is constant.

I do not know what "real" is. For instance; my dreaming or traveling out of body is more real than my awake state. Its very confusing and profound. I am in a constant state of attempting to "know" what is real. I am becoming more in the awareness of "NOW", as all things other than NOW become mute as redundant or unnecessary. Hard concept.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

I do not know what "real" is. For instance; my dreaming or out of body is more real than my awake state. Its very confusing and profound. I am in a constant state of attempting to "know" what is real. I am becoming more in the awareness of "NOW", as all things other than NOW become mute.

No matter which state you are contemplating, that contemplation is happening now. You cannot 'become more' the 'awareness of now' - you have never been anything other - it just has to be recognized/realized.
Even when dreaming or out of body or awake - you are the knowing aspect (the awareness) knowing what is happening.

edit on 9-1-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

I do not know what "real" is. For instance; my dreaming or out of body is more real than my awake state. Its very confusing and profound. I am in a constant state of attempting to "know" what is real. I am becoming more in the awareness of "NOW", as all things other than NOW become mute.

No matter which state you are contemplating, that contemplation is happening now. You cannot 'become more' the 'awareness of now' - you have never been anything other - it just has to be recognized/realized.
Even when dreaming or out of body or awake - you are the knowing aspect (the awareness) knowing what is happening.

I am in becoming something of a state of being is all. Self described (me of many dimensional forms). I am certain it is or lies within my path to enlightenment; the quest. Its fun in that I have (will) did outsmart it already; as am already in knowing this purpose or reason for being to help others that may question their incarnation.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
It's when you're in extreme pain or feeling deep sadness that things seem the most real. More than just about anything, struggle and overcoming keep us grounded in reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join