It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is The Proof That There Is "Nothing" After Death?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I see people say "there is no proof that there is anything after death" all the time on these boards and even in real life. So where is the proof that there is nothing after death?

Have you ever seen or experienced "nothing"? No, there is only this "something" that we all experience. For all we know there is only this "something" and no such thing as "nothing".

I believe it takes a bigger leap in logic to conclude that there is nothing after death than there is to conclude there is something because no one has ever experienced nothing and lived to tell about it. All anyone knows is this something we experience right now.

So to those who believe there is nothing after death, where is your proof? My proof that there is something after death is right here and now within this something we have always experienced.

Do you remember anything before life?

Nuf said...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm speaking of something and nothing in general terms. There is all the evidence in the world (literally) for "something" but absolutely no proof that "nothing" (non)exists.

So you are saying that proof of something after death is that people remember things after being declared clinically dead?

Logic dictates that since many people remember nothing after being declared clinically dead would be considered proof that nothing exists after death as well.

It works both ways.

Just sayin.....
edit on R522016-01-08T12:52:55-06:00k521Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I bet you all a dollar that there's nothing after death. If you believe otherwise, please feel free to contact me and collect it in the afterlife.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

There have been plenty of people who said they did experience something after they were clinically dead, so are their testimonies not valid?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

There have been plenty of people who said they did experience something after they were clinically dead, so are their testimonies not valid?

I didn't say that... all I said was that if you were going to consider people remembering experiences after being brought back from the dead as proof of something after death, then you must consider that people who do not remember anything after being brought back from death as proof that nothing exists well.

It's called logic.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: StormyStars

Once a death has been called, if my memory serves me right and nothing has changed, after the Doc, certifies death, a hospital staff member, will plug orifices and tie, of valves if its a male. to stop messy body fluids discharging. This will stop any resuscitation. If you are Jewish the body must be left for the Rabbi. So depending where you live, if the Doc says your dead you are dead. But it would be interesting to know how many people are in a deep coma, and have been dispatched, by the laying out process.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

nice logic.

But you should take it a step further and inspect with your own experiance whether something is true or not and not make a judgment based on other people's opinions.

That is logical also, isn't it? So Mister logic, have you done such inspections into your own nature with meditation or psychedelics drugs or other tools available for such questions. : )

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

At seventeen I found out I had consciosness outside
my body. Looking down on myself and the rest of my
crew at the time was more than convincing. Anyone
skeptical of that much just hasn't had the experience
to know better. And like anything lack of experience
makes one a novice on any subject.
edit on Rpm10816v12201600000009 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Damn, somehow I missed the first part of your post. My apologies.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ecclesiastes 9:5,10 says when one is dead, they are dead. No spiritual afterlife. You are unconscious like in a deep sleep. Other accounts refer to it too. The Vatican lied and created a bunch of dogmatic traditional beliefs unfounded in the scriptures in an effort to control the ignorant masses that were denied access to the bible during the dark ages. Jesus also likened death to a deep sleep when talking of his friend Lazarus. a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Theirs plenty or reasonable proof that this happens, but for it to be generally accepted would radically shift the paradigm. To most people its" freaky and scary " where in fact its the proof that you are not just your body. Its probably the only proof that we have of something outside the physical reality, of the normal waking life.
How this could stack up in a deeper understanding of reality is anyone's guess. Because its already taken the greater part of our lives to come to grips with this reality, by being immersed in it, because we have a physical body made of the same stuff that this reality is made of. My guess is that when you drop your body, you end up in a permanent Out of body Experience.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thing about near death experiences is that nobody has been clinically dead for a week or so and then brought back to life. Most of it can be chalked up to bad doctoring, and any "visions" anybody has can't be ruled out as unmeasured residual brain function.

And the "ghosts" Scooby-Doo finds are nearly always the old caretaker trying to scare off investors.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

My guess is that when you drop your body, you end up in a permanent Out of body Experience.

I think your guess is correct.
It can not be proven other than experiencing such a state ...
To hear anecdotal evidence alone without the actual experience
Is like looking at a picture post card from abroad of a foreign place without actually visiting it.

Though this phenomena is called out of body ... I would say it is a change of body
Like energy the soul can not die ... It is somewhere in the Universe still

edit on 8-1-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

you end up in a permanent Out of body Experience.

And I can say just the tiniest bit more about it.
I know my experience just skimmed the surface of something that
runs as deep as any ocean.
edit on Rpm10816v27201600000011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I've only had one out of body experience and it was many years ago. It was one experience that proved to me that we are far more than just a physical body.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

you end up in a permanent Out of body Experience.

And I can say just the tiniest bit more about it.
I know my experience just skimmed the surface of something that
runs as deep as any ocean.

I concur, for all we know it could be from where the U.F.O.'s come from, and beings like us with little or no understanding, have to cope with an understanding that it was just a type of body that made us human.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

And as Anon said this knowledge would cause a
paradigm shift. Well doesn't it seem as tho this paradigm
is about to tach out anyway?

We need to shift before the engine blows.
edit on Rpm10816v02201600000023 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Night Star

And as Anon said this knowledge would cause a
paradigm shift. Well doesn't it seem as tho this paradigm
is about to tach out anyway?

We need to shift before the engine blows.

Does it matter?, insight can only preserve you for so long, we weren't meant to be here for ever. I think their seems to be some proof that young violent deaths, tend to get you recalled, their must be some reason for this.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Does the survival of our species matter? I think absolutely yes.
I don't see that we've fulfilled any reason for being here in the
first place.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Does the survival of our species matter? I think absolutely yes.
I don't see that we've fulfilled any reason for being here in the
first place.

What are we? I suggest one of the many lifeforms on Earth, that happened to become dominant. Elephants Dolphins to name a couple are perfectly reasonable individuals operating from their type of body, with the same awareness as us. Calling them animals is a bit rich when we are in fact a naked ape. We can only try to be nice to each other and wait.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join