It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is The Proof That There Is "Nothing" After Death?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Revolution9

• Judaism believes in an afterlife but has little dogma about it
• The Jewish afterlife is called Olam Ha-Ba (The World to Come)
Resurrection and reincarnation are within the range of traditional Jewish belief
• Temporary (but not eternal) punishment after death is within traditional belief

Top right corner of the page... or is it just disqualified because its Chasidic?

Have your transmigration, but you are false if you say ANY mention of it can be found in the traditional OT or NT

No mention of the passage I keep pointing to eh?

You could quote yourself for saying that. You are just quoting someone who is saying that. Yet you STILL can not find it in the Bible. Neither can they. I am calling you and your source out on that. I am a better authority than your source and I am telling you and your source neither of you can find transmigration in Torah or New testament. I proved that your source had not used either text in their article, just a lot of wayward Rabbis, just as I said.

I challenge you and your source to tell me where in the Bible there is any mention of transmigration. There is none. Neither you or your source can meet my challenge.

Again, I am asking you to show me where IN THE BIBLE. Do you understand, in the BIBLE? Tell me where it is.

You can't because it is not there.

NOTE to other members:

The member has still not found a traditional Judaic source from the Bible, only one source that does not even quote ANY of the Bible even ONCE., not the OT or NT.

I don't expect anyone else is particularly interested anyway, but just for the record.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

John 10
All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture

IF one is saved... How does said person Go in and out?

I am reporting you for bullying me.

LMAO!

feel free

edit on 6-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

• Judaism believes in an afterlife but has little dogma about it
• The Jewish afterlife is called Olam Ha-Ba (The World to Come)
Resurrection and reincarnation are within the range of traditional Jewish belief
• Temporary (but not eternal) punishment after death is within traditional belief

Top right corner of the page... or is it just disqualified because its Chasidic?

Have your transmigration, but you are false if you say ANY mention of it can be found in the traditional OT or NT

No mention of the passage I keep pointing to eh?

What passage are you pointing to? You are not pointing to any passage are you other than your source trhat is NOT the Bible, neither the OT or NT.

To me Chasidic Judaism is gnostic Judaism because it is NOT Torah.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

John 10
All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture

What has that got to do with transmigration? You can make the words as big as you like, but it still will not make them mean what you want them to. That quote has nothing to do with transmigration does it. Tell me how it relates to Chasidic transmigration? It does not. You have produced a quote that does not back up your argument that I am wrong when I said that transmigration does not feature in traditional Judaism of Torah and does not feature in the Newt Testament either.

You still have not found a quote from The OT or the NT have you/ You never will be able to.

I am saying yes in Chasidic gnostic versions they believe that, but it does not come from The Hebrew Scripture.

I decided against reporting you for your nasty comment. I can fight my own battles with you. I don't need any mods.

OK, again, find me a quote in Torah that relates to transmigration of souls. Find me a quote from Jesus or anywhere else in the NT that souls transmigrate. I have provided quotes directly from the OT and NT to inform of what the traditional belief about death is in both the OT and NT. Jesus did not preach transmigration of souls did He? You can not find a single quote from Him about that. You can't find one from the OT or anywhere else in the NT can you.

No the White Russian is just right. I have done that for over thirty years. I think I am making a good deal more sense than you right now.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I said this in another thread and I'll say it again, what makes you think The Bible hasn't been re-writen?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

John 10

Why be so silly about this? What does it prove. I am sticking to the argument. I am still challenging you. Be as nasty as you like. It will not aid your case. You can't ridicule me. That tactic will not work. My argument is ten times as strong as yours here.

Find me the quote, find me the quote. Focus on the argument instead of trying to find other tactics to try and intimidate me.

Now tell me where Jesus said ANYTHING about transmigration. Show me in the OT where there is any mention of transmigration. Be fair. I gave you some examples. I could find fifty more. You can not even find one can you.

Still waiting. I have got all night to wait...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

How is it a thread drifter? If anything, you need to relax and stop being so aggressive. I asked you a reasonable question that you can't answer.

You keep shouting like The Bible is pure truth. It's a book. Paper and ink. It can change.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
When considering another of the Sumerian "myths" associated with INANNA ERISKIGAL NINSHUBER LORD ENKI LORD ENLIL and the Created "beings" from LORD ENKI sent to help INANNA & the beings from down in ERISKIGALs underworld KINGDOM.

Data returns... ... ...

The Descent of Inanna

Inanna’s most important myth begins with the great goddess opening “her ear to the Great Below”. She abandons her temples in the seven cities of her worship, abandons, in fact, all of the glories of heaven and earth, and prepares to make the journey “from which no traveler returns”. She gathers together seven attributes of civilization, which she transforms into such feminine allure as her crown, gold jewelry, and royal robe to serve as her protection. She also instructs her faithful servant, Ninshubur, what to do in case of her return -- to seek out her fathers, urging them not to let their daughter die.

Arriving at the outer gates of the Underworld, she announces herself as “Inanna, Queen of Heaven, on my way to the East.” Neti, the chief gatekeeper of the underworld, is skeptical and questions her further. Whereupon, Inanna replies that she wished to descend because of her older sister, Ereshkigal, and to witness the funeral rites of Ereshkigal’s husband, Gugalanna. Neti is still uncertain and tells Inanna to wait, while he delivers her message to his queen.

When Neti tells his queen, Ereshkigal, of the glorious Inanna at the palace gates, robed in the seven attributes of her feminine allure, Ereshkigal is enraged. After dwelling on the news, she tells Neti to bolt the seven gates of the underworld, and then, one by one, open each gate a crack, let Inanna enter, and as she does, remove her royal garments, one by one. Ereshkigal also tells Neti to “Let the holy priestess of heaven enter bowed low.”

Neti does as he is told, bolting the seven gates of the underworld and then allowing Inanna to enter through each gate. As she does, he removes one of her garments, beginning with her crown, then her earrings of small lapis beads, the double strand of beads about her neck, her breastplate called, “Come, man, come”, her golden hip girdle, the lapis measuring rod and line in her hand, and finally her royal breechcloth. Each time, when Inanna asks, “What is this?”, Neti answers: “Quiet Inanna, the ways of the Underworld are perfect. They may not be questioned.”

Then, naked and bowed low, Inanna enters the throne room. Ereshkigal rises from her throne, as Inanna starts toward her. The Annuna, the judges of the underworld, surround Inanna and pass judgment against her. Ereshkigal fastens on Inanna the eyes of death, speaks against her the word of wrath, utters against her the cry of guilt, and strikes her. Inanna is turned into a corpse, a piece of rotting meat, and hung from a hook on the wall.

After three days and nights, when Inanna has not returned, Ninshubur begins to lament and beat the drum for Inanna. She goes to Inanna’s paternal grandfather, Enlil, and then to Inanna's father, pleading with each of them not to let their daughter be put to death in the underworld. But both are angry at Inanna for her actions and refuse to help.

Then Ninshubur goes to Enki, Inanna's mother’s father, begging for help. Enki, however, is troubled and grieved for Inanna. To save her, Enki creates two creatures, the kurgarra and the galatur, to whom he gives the food and water of life, and instructs them to enter the underworld like flies. He tells them that Ereshkigal will be moaning with the cries of a woman about to give birth, complaining of her inside and her outside, and that they are to echo her cries. This would please her, and she would offer them gifts. They were to ask her only for the corpse hanging on the wall. Then when they had sprinkled the food and water of life on Innana, she would rise.

The kurgarra and the galatur heed Enki’s words and enter the underworld like flies. Ereshkigal is moaning as if about to give birth. She complains of her inside and outside, her back, heart and liver; and each time the kurgarra and the galatur echo her pain. When Ereshkigal stops to look at them, she asks who they were and why they are moaning with her. She offers her blessings: first the water gift, the river in its fullness, and then the grain-gift, the fields in harvest; but each time the kurgarra and the galatur decline the gift. When Ereshkigal asks them what they do want, they ask for the corpse hanging on the hook. Ereshkigal gives them the corpse, whereupon they sprinkle the food and water of life on Inanna, and she rises.

Inanna is about to ascend from the underworld when the Annuna seize her and tell her she must provide someone in her place. They send with Inanna, the galla, the demons of the underworld, who cling to her side until she chooses the person who will take her place.

It seems "SOMETHING" IS going on...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I would say to Rev, I understand his passion.
But if God chooses something to be so, then
surely you know it can surpass anyones greatest
passion.

Therefore if God chooses reincarnation?

"For all the prophets and the law have prophesied until John.
And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who was to come.
" (Matthew 11:13-14)

"And the disciples asked him, saying, 'Why then do the scribes
say that Elijah must come first?' But he answered them and said,
'Elijah indeed is to come and will restore all things. But I say to
you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him, but
did to him whatever they wished. So also shall the Son of Man
suffer at their hand.' Then the disciples understood that he had
spoken of John the Baptist." (Matthew 17:10-13)

Then reincarnation it will be. Doesn't mean a whole false religion
won't grow around it tho either.

And Rev you have to come to terms with these boards.
I mean know what you're getting into before you post.
Or Ak won't be the only piranha taking chunks.

edit on Rpm10616v47201600000024 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Bible thumping makes any civil discourse difficult.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I believe there's nothing before conception or after death. That's the logical persuasion.

The really pertinent question is: does this life (or something similar) happen only once or is it a recurring phenomenon?

I think the latter.

But, as far as this life is concerned, you and I are clearly not immortal.

Ever been drunk? Your consciousness and functioning are significantly compromised by the presence of a mere chemical while you're alive...how much more so when the brain stops all together?

I think our conscious experience is an interplay between the spiritual (for want of a better word) and the physical.

Both are equally dependent on the other; neither is any good without the other.

Having a physical body seems important in order for the universe to convey sentience.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The thread is about proof of nothing after death.

Yet the last 3 pages have been citing bible texts vs jewish texts.
Both of them believe in 'something' after death.

So nothing at hand with the topic. And the tone gets rougher as well.

Not the way to discuss.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

GET ON TOPIC. STOP THE INSULTS AND DISCUSSING EACH OTHER.

YOU WILL BE POST BANNED.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I would say to Rev, I understand his passion.
But if God chooses something to be so, then
surely you know it can surpass anyones greatest
passion.

Therefore if God chooses reincarnation?

"For all the prophets and the law have prophesied until John.
And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who was to come.
" (Matthew 11:13-14)

"And the disciples asked him, saying, 'Why then do the scribes
say that Elijah must come first?' But he answered them and said,
'Elijah indeed is to come and will restore all things. But I say to
you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him, but
did to him whatever they wished. So also shall the Son of Man
suffer at their hand.' Then the disciples understood that he had
spoken of John the Baptist." (Matthew 17:10-13)

Then reincarnation it will be. Doesn't mean a whole false religion
won't grow around it tho either.

And Rev you have to come to terms with these boards.
I mean know what you're getting into before you post.
Or Ak won't be the only piranha taking chunks.

Reincarnation is on topic... and this is coming from a pretty hardcore Christian...

I apologise to everyone for whatever my posts were removed for... especially Rev9

Back to the topic and the abundant "evidence" life exists after death?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Well we can only go so far with all the philosophicals back
and forth. So the thread has to stretch it's legs somewhere
and we all knew where that would be. I'm sure the mods see that.
Tuff one to moderate to I suppose.
edit on Rpm10616v44201600000042 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

this sub-forum can be touchy... philosophy does usually turn into personal belief, especially on this subject because naturally religion is mainly about life after death.

Tis the reward or in come cases the bane of this existence

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join