It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is The Proof That There Is "Nothing" After Death?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

Non existence is an impossibility because nothingness can not comprehend or even contemplate nothingness...

Non existence is not purity because by its very notion, it does not exist... thus it can not have substance which is purely nothing

There is NO non existence... even in the realms of imagination the thought gives substance to its observer

I wrote this thread a few years ago for the reader to contemplate the idea of non-existence

Can YOU imagine what Non-existence is like?

edit on 6-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psychonautics
Who agrees past time exists?

What exactly does that imply?

As in, our past existence literally is somewhere physically?

Or in some other dimension?

Spatial or just in the sub conscious plane ?

I was under the impression that time is just a way to mark the passage of the now to next.

The future and the past don't exist, only the now.

It's going to be July 27th 3045 somewhere in the universe, according to our model. It was July 27th 1992 once.

Neither are anything more than a jumble of sounds to express a now that was, or will be.

Only a theory and belief of mine, but yes every infinitesimal duration now instance of time, once it is generated, exists without end. All of the space with all of its contents is imploding from everywhere, towards everywhere, down and inward towards the one infinitesimal Singularity, that happens to be engaged in infinite velocity kinetic AND infinite angular diversity. It's called the underworld. Under space-time instance of "now", the present. It is time that drags it all there down and inward. Space at the infinite expanse has no time. It is pure potential and implodes with ever increasing velocity targeting the Singularity. Space is converting into time (which is the infinitesimal Singularity).

The Universe is a bandwidth of both space and time somewhere along that process. We happen to be along for the ride.

It is the "wake" generated by the infinite kinetics of the Singularity that is the foundation which is the infinite expanse of space.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Fact is, you can't prove a negative, and this is a perfect example. If there really is literally nothing, you'll never be in a position to prove it, by definition, so it makes no sense to approach the issue in that manner.

A second fact is that you will never get a materialist to admit there is a possibility of "life after death." The phrase is self-contradictory. It makes no sense.

Third fact is that it's interesting how steadfast and adamant a materialist is about his belief, aggressively touting it like a born-again Christian, and severely criticizing anyone who questions it. In any other context the way they treat people who do not share their beliefs would be called racist.

They are aggressively intolerant, unwilling to discuss the issue, except to decry it.

Listen to their arguments and it becomes obvious they simply do not accept anything that is not physical. To them, nothing that cannot be explained by our current knowledge of material physics simply does not exist. They'll say they know where you go when you die--into the ground or burned up. That's where "you" are: Dead. There's nothing else. Get over it.

To me, this aggressive intolerant stance is first, whistling past the grave yard, and second, stupid and narrow-minded. When someone starts up like that and presents themselves as "intelligent" because they believe in that manner, I just write them off as hopeless, so much so that it is unnecessary to interact with them any further. They have a mental block that they cannot get beyond, and therefore they are useless to the discussion. They are never going to provide any useful information. To them, the world is flat. They will never discover what is beyond because they refuse to look.

What I think is going to be loads of fun and worthy of entertainment is when they die and find themselves awake. Talk about 'cognitive dissonance!' They are going to have a tough time explaining their former stance, though I'm sure they will back-pedal in earnest, explaining how they REALLY did not ever say there was nothing beyond, but just that we couldn't prove it back there, but now we can so actually they were right all along.

The other possibility is that in shedding their mortal coils they will also shed their intolerant attitude and tell us that was just for show and they were doing us all a favor. Never underestimate the power of a narcissist to deceive themselves.

So the bottom line here is to not worry about it. Treat these people as the mildly amusing, but otherwise uninteresting souls who spend a lot of time pontificating on a subject they know nothing about. Meanwhile, keep exploring for yourself because what these people say is irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Non existence is an impossibility because nothingness can not comprehend or even contemplate nothingness...

Non existence is not purity because by its very notion, it does not exist... thus it can not have substance which is purely nothing

There is NO non existence... even in the realms of imagination the thought gives substance to its observer

Exactly, exactly correct!

That's where the problem of omnipresence came in. How can an omnipotent omniscience claim to be omnipresent if It cannot exist even inside of absolute non-existence. The Universe is to generate a "non-existence" using proxy servers, all finite conscious life. So ponder nothingness. It is your duty and I hate that this is true. I so much wanted something more noble why life exists other than to generate THE nothing, so it can be possessed (occupied) by omniscience just to complete Itself into being omnipresent. Hate it.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Well said...

Though I believe there is a third "possibility"

Said person passes and finds themselves awake... yet somehow still denies his own existence after the death of the body

Perhaps this is where the idea of Hades, or even "hell" comes into effect... maybe even Limbo/the void

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Talk about a closed system.

You need to think outside the box my friend.

Nothingness exists in the same area as everything we see. If you took away matter, there is your nothingness. Wave your hand around in the air, and pretend there are no gasses, no atmosphere. There is your nothingness.

Nothingness and reality are subjective concepts and you are applying our human language and logic to create closed system concept of something we have no actual factual conception or grasp of. It won't work.

After life there is nothingness, just as there was nothingness before life, simply because you are no longer a functioning organism with a perspective.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You can't prove non-existence.

You can't argue that something exists unless someone proves that it doesn't. That kind of argument doesn't follow logic.

With that said....

Max Plank was a Nobel Prize winning German physicist and the father of Quantum Theory, he said this:

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness."

In my mind, the fundamental question that is at the heart of the "afterlife" argument is this; Did the Universe give rise to consciousness or did consciousness give rise to the Universe?

If it's true that consciousness gave rise to the Universe then each of us has a "before" and "after" life.

The ancient Greek philosopher, Plato was the founder of dualism. He said that every thing in existence has two forms. One form would be the actual physical thing and the other corresponding form would be the "perfect" ideal of that thing. With people, Plato said that gaining knowledge was a type of recollection of the "perfect" ideals or foems that exist outside of the physical realm. He called the "recollection" or remembering, Anamnesis.

IMHO... there is an afterlife. Our consciousness continues on after our physical body turns to dust. Each thought you have can be considered a quantum packet. Energy is neither created nor destroyed, it is only transformed. Everything is energy (E=MC2). So, yes... there is existence after death.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Imagine, if u start a new char in some game, this one dies and thats it. Some mechanics only, there was an original character once, maybe one starts again on that name... but the characters fate is always new then.

So, why one "real" person wanna be like gametoy char in really mean life? ... or bigger afterlife and so on?

My opinion still goes that: man imagines all that sh.t and if there is some "proof", even old real traditions, these are given at living spirits, living people again and again to every newborn person/ality. Another given meaning.

No, even the unreal events no proof for me, this is my interesting good sh.t only. Traditions lead imaginations, not real events. - yes, mankind need traditions and thinking about Gods and Meanings, not bad at all, but im sure - we die to the black hole :0)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

My opinion is that it's there is no way for something to come from nothing. Everything we experience comes from something. Just because we may not be aware of what this something that we are experiencing first came from does not prove it was nothing. Last night I put my son to bed, after about an hour or so he heard a noise, had a dream or nightmare and came back in the living room. I comforted and reassured him and sent him back to bed. A little later when I turned in I went to check on him and he had went back to sleep with his light on. Now when I was still in the living room I was unaware that it on was until I went in his room and became aware of it. So, just because I didn't know the light was on while I was in a different place doesn't mean it wasn't on but when i got to the place where it was on I became aware of it. Things or people don't just appear or disappear out of nothing. People make things. It takes people to make more people, animals make more animals And plants make more plants from seeds. When you plant a seed it looks like a seed, but when it sprouts it looks totally different from the seed. If everything everything came from "The Big Bang" the bang came from something. I've never known of a fire cracker to pop without a spark. Therefore it is my belief that there was something before and I believe there will be something after. Exactly what, I don't know. Like others have said we just have to wait and see. That's just my thoughts. Interesting topic.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny

originally posted by: Akragon

Exactly, exactly correct!

That's where the problem of omnipresence came in. How can an omnipotent omniscience claim to be omnipresent if It cannot exist even inside of absolute non-existence. The Universe is to generate a "non-existence" using proxy servers, all finite conscious life. So ponder nothingness. It is your duty and I hate that this is true. I so much wanted something more noble why life exists other than to generate THE nothing, so it can be possessed (occupied) by omniscience just to complete Itself into being omnipresent. Hate it.

Perhaps one can visualise omnipresence as a dimensional

Example... a two dimensional being can only perceive the two dimensions they exist in... whereas a three dimensional entity could see the entire spectrum of the two dimensional entity...

A two dimensional entity would be like a piece of paper, having length and width... but no depth... IF said three dimensional entity takes part In the two dimensional reality... the two dimensional entity could still only perceive the realm they exist in... having no idea what the third dimension is, or if it exists...

Bring in a forth dimensional reality... an entity that can see the entire spectrum of the third dimension, past, present, and future... beyond which is incomprehensible to the human condition

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I would also have to say there is more evidence of an afterlife than evidence of nothing after death.

Evidence for life after death

1. Reincarnation stories
2. Near death experiences
3. astral projection
4. ghost stories and videos
5. Channeled material
6. ancient "mythology"
7. psychedelic experiences
8. Dreams
9. shared dreams/astral projections
10. this new study www.telegraph.co.uk...

evidence for nothing after death

1. Our scientific instruments can't see a soul come out of a dying body or speak with a "dead person"
2. Our physical eyes can't see a soul leave a dead body.
3. The physical body can't see or hear or respond to dead people.

Thats all i can think of for evidence of "nothing" after death.

In my opinion it takes a lot of fear and strong will to disbelieve and ignore all the evidence for life after death.

edit on 6-1-2016 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

Obviously there is no 'PROOF" of anything yet.

I've learned from ATS that real "proof" of anything is nearly impossible to come by.
edit on 6-1-2016 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

Nothingness exists in the same area as everything we see. If you took away matter, there is your nothingness.

Yet quantum physics is slowly learning that matter is composed of almost nothing...

a this point we're looking at "string theory" and we still haven't found the base component of what we consider "matter"

but we do seem to know that things are attached even at great distances

Matter is composed of unknown forces of something... so we can't take away matter In any case

Thus, Nothingness is not reality... it can not exist

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Have you ever seen or experienced "nothing"?

You can't experience nothing, but you can however experience the before and after of nothing, which is what people do all the time when they're put into a dreamless state under anesthesia or when they're knocked out. I've had that happen, and the only way to describe it is the absence of all thought, sensation or time. Mine lasted several hours, but it might have well have been a second or a million years. That's what death is like, except that you never wake up. Endless void. The obliteration of the universe.

Enjoy life while you're alive and don't wait for Jesus or your dead relatives or any kind of reward (or punishment) after you're dead, because it ain't gonna happen.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have experienced "nothing" through meditation. It is called the void and it is a real place. It is actually very peaceful and nice to hang out in.

If you can manage to stop thinking, shut your mind off completely, and forget that you exist, forget your body, forget everything, you will enter the void.

Its really trippy, your consciousness just kinda spins around in a three dimensional blackness. You completely forget your name, the world, any feelings, everything ceases to exist, and this is all without drugs.

It reminds me of a Jim Morrison Poem.

Once i had, a little game, i like to crawl, back in my brain, i think you know the game i mean, i mean the game called go insane, now you should try this little game, just close your eyes forget your name, forget the world, forget the people, and we'll errect a different steeple.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
How can you prove unicorns don't exist?
They would have to exist to leave evidence.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Nothingness is everywhere.

It is what everything occupies.

To use your more grounded, black and white, walled off way of viewing it;

Something cannot exist without nothing.

The concepts are used to define each other.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Seems to me it would take far more effort for something to be here.
Than it would for something to be there. And if there were nothing
after death? Then there would be nothing here.

My two cents for the for the fairyman.
edit on Rpm10616v19201600000041 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
How can you prove unicorns don't exist?

I cannot prove that monkeys WON'T fly out of my butt when I die.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The problem is there are no dead people walking around to tell us if there is life after death.

No reason to claim to know the answer either way.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

1. Reincarnation stories --> traditionally lead brainwash
2. Near death exp. --> less or more of needed oxygen loads in brain and imaginations what one expect
3. Astral projection --> yes, i can do this, but noone cannot move real estate using astral like tool
4. ghost stories --> stories is a good tradition, eventually this happens a lot before electricity, stories are cultural thing
4prim. ghost videos - ... lol
5. Channeled material --> source refers source
6. mythology --> this is a real thing because eventually based on real events, but not prove afterlife, maybe lot easier only aliens
7. psychedelic events --> was "expert" once, read about that how google programs AI neural mechanics (googleresearch.blogspot.co.uk...)
8. Dreams --> again, practice leads my imagination deeper and deeper, till tradition
9. shared things --> this is telephatic experience for living thoughts mixed for subconcious imaginations. One can use telephatic intentions, but this is not a proof like Godlike things, this is physics, not yet proved science.
10. not read yet, srry :0) but we no need extraordinary beliefs, we need mystical experience, because we can go there in real. Believing is like nothing, we believe smth. because we do not really know.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join