It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is The Proof That There Is "Nothing" After Death?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

We are all created by the sun, the sun is the main energy driving the motor that is life, with out the sun there would be nothing but empty space, though space must be something therefore we keep on being an energy of some kind and the energy that comes to life once a sun sparks.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Nothing is the start. you assume nothing and build on top of that, not..the other way around.
and as far as experience of nothing..everyone here has that experience

remember what was going on before you were born? yeah..nobody does..it was nothing..that is everyones experience of nothing..we came to be as our brains started activating.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The main point of this thread is not to say I can prove there is something after death, it is to point out that there is no proof "nothing" exists at all because all we can ever know is this "something".

Whether one uses that logic when looking at before birth and after death is up to them. I was only asking where the proof for nothing is as opposed to something.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think the burden of proof lies within the "something" camp.

If you take all and every measuring technique (EEG, Heartbeat, mri! whatever) to a dying patient.
You will find...nothing after death. No breathing, no heartbeat no brain function. (sounds silly, but its the medical definition of death).

That's proof enough for me. If anyone disagrees: proof me wrong.

The burden of proof is with the something camp. There are many different versions of the something camp, religious and scientific, and all those versions have the same opposite, nothingness.

If no something can be proven, then nothingness is all there is. Now, it's up to the something camp to make a good argument.

Or you can look at it like this, "nothingness" is innocent until proven guilty so there is no real need to argue that it is innocent already.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

yes a corpse is something. Bio mass about to degrade. Nothing else to it.
Sort of like the vessel, when the passenger is gone.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

Where is there proof of nothing anywhere?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
We all experience nothing before we are born.

When we expire, so it shall be again.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Psychonautics

by that very statement of "experience"... what was before we were born could not be Nothing

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: svetlana84

That's proof enough for me. If anyone disagrees: proof me wrong.

A corpse is something. Humans are not just brain activity and heart beats.

What else are Humans if not just brain activity and heart beats and other vital processes of the physical body?

Kinda surprised you would make such a statement, or I might not have quite caught the nuance of what you were saying.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The brain that thing between our ears is what gives us conciseness. When it quits working the lights go out. Some people just don't like the idea of that. I wish there were some magical explanation that we go on after death but I highly doubt it. As for a god I'm 40 years old and searched my entire life hoping for some kind of proof but I've yet to find it. From what I've seen of religion through observation of others is that religion is nothing more a delusional superstition.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Personally I believe there is something after death...

That being said you cannot prove a negative.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Mianeye

And as far as we can tell, that "nothing" always leads to this "something" at birth.

but absolutely no proof that "nothing" (non)exists.

So which is it?? Does it exist or not?

I like your line of thought on this question, but you cant just change your statements, whenever it fits you narrative

link   
I questioned putting quotes around experienced, but assumed people would understand what I tried to convey.

Also, when applying logic to topics such as this, everything usually becomes a paradox

link   
a reply to: Akragon

The lack of good scientific evidence for reanimated corpses; ghost and spirits; the human soul; vampire, undead, and reanimated mummies; heaven; hell; reincarnation or 72 virgins.

None of that stuff happens then, the body dies and rots while the mind stops being.

Personally, I think a strong scientific study of this would show that there is something, but I have a feeling no religion has got it right. But that is just me, I in not way intend to tell you or anyone else what they may believe in.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It is not nothingness but non-existence is what I believe is the question. Space, and all it's contents, broken down into infinitesimal duration "now" instances still exist. Just they are in the past. Everyone agrees that past time exists. It is one of the characteristics of the dimension that is time. This being true, space with its contents is still there regardless of which "now" moment it was. Which means that is where you still exist even after you die.

No moving forward into new instances of space-time for you as your impression device is no longer occupied by your consciousness. (your body) When you die, your conception - to - death space-time envelope is your afterlife. The key is to find the Door out of it into evermore newness and expansion of consciousness at an infinite rate. If you don't, there is your prison you've made for yourself.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The lack of good scientific evidence for reanimated corpses; ghost and spirits; the human soul; vampire, undead, and reanimated mummies; heaven; hell; reincarnation or 72 virgins.

None of that stuff happens then, the body dies and rots while the mind stops being.

Fortunately this is delving into the area where science has no place...

Science is based on testing and experimentation on the material world, whereas we are talking about realms that have yet to be found other then in personal experience In which things can not be proven to another

Just as the existence of God can not be proven to another... One must experience to find the reality of it

There is a line that can be crossed if one searches... where faith and belief becomes knowing

edit on 6-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Who agrees past time exists?

What exactly does that imply?

As in, our past existence literally is somewhere physically?

Or in some other dimension?

Spatial or just in the sub conscious plane ?

I was under the impression that time is just a way to mark the passage of the now to next.

The future and the past don't exist, only the now.

It's going to be July 27th 3045 somewhere in the universe, according to our model. It was July 27th 1992 once.

Neither are anything more than a jumble of sounds to express a now that was, or will be.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Where is there proof of nothing anywhere?

Nonexistence is self-annihilating IF there is conscious life. The instant any conscious lifeform averts its consciousness to consider absolute non-existence, that contaminates the purity of absolute non-existence by having its consideration and "framing" to exist within that lifeform. That changes absolute non-existence into existing and therefore violates the integrity of absolute non-existence. Circular logic I know but valid in this one case.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I think it has a wonderful place, science can find some answers to the questions of the philosophers and theologians.

I think guys like Amit Goswami are wonderful proof of this:

Faith/belief is not knowledge because faith/belief is based on unprovable premises, whereas knowledge is based on provable premises. And I think a good scientist loves to prove the unprovable.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
There is plenty of room for argument and discussion here though.

The question is: What happens after we die?

What do we know? We know that the body shuts down and there there is no more brain activity. Our bodies decompose and become nothing or dust or whatever.

The real question is: What happens to our consciousness-memories-soul-spirit-life force? Is all of that just in our physical brains, or is there more?

One study done a couple of years ago suggest that nearly 40% of cardiac arrest patients who actually died had awareness after death. These are all patients who were revived or brought back from the dead.

www.independent.co.uk... ml

The brain is supposed to stop functioning when the heart stops...but apparently it doesn't.

We have thousands, if not millions of accounts of life after death or reincarnation or phsycic and mediums speaking with spirits and the undead and people claiming to be old souls or people remembering past lives with amazing clarity. So there is some compelling evidence or data that could suggest life after death.

if there is no life after death, then what is the point of life? Why do we toil and struggle to get ahead? Why even live?
edit on 6-1-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join