It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is The Proof That There Is "Nothing" After Death?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
3NL1GHT3N3D1:

So where is the proof that there is nothing after death?

We anticipate the nothing because we are living the something. We can anticipate the future in the same way, because we are able to remember past events in our current life and cross-reference those events with present experiences, which enable us to anticipate a little distant into our own personal future...we make plans.

The proof, is in the absence of evidence that there is something after death. Absence of evidence really is evidence of absence, and that is the proof your wanting.
edit on 10/1/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
IF nothing After Death.
then NO Proof!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Is there any thing in deep sleep?
What are 'you'? Are 'you' some 'thing' that appears in the waking state or are 'you' the space that unconditionally allows the whole of existence to appear?

Can the space ever disappear?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
you have to be risen from the dead to know what its like to be one with the void before you are born as well as after you die and god is something and nothing at the same time. if read correctly the bible demonstrates how you are a peice of god and that god is the beginning and the end.

In the bible there is a judgement day where the living and dead get judged but everyone was one with god all along.

its because jesus said i am the vine and you are the branches. but what he said after that might mess with someones head.
edit on 27-8-2016 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

There is no proof of either. There is as much proof of "nothing" after death, as there is of "something" after death. Until we arrive and KNOW, all we have is opinion. No one needs proof for their opinion.

We have plenty of proof—cadaver farms, morgues, even cemeteries. We know exactly what happens to people when they die.

No you don't. You know what happens to bodies when the vital life force leaves them. Beyond that, you've no clue whatsoever.
edit on 29-8-2016 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

No you don't. You know what happens to bodies when the vital life force leaves them. Beyond that, you've no clue whatsoever.

What vital force?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

What vital force?

Life.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
"Life is a great surprise
I do not see why
Death should not be
An even greater one" ..... Vladimer Nabokov

"Fear not what for what is ahead" ... Illuminati

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Everything the body is composed of is recycled
In this there is no finality

If you think you are the body and nothing more
How can you deny that life goes on

edit on 31-8-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2016 by artistpoet because: typos

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
In my opinion we cannot really determine for a fact if there is nothing or something after death because we do not have a way to scientifically measure anything beyond death. Aside from monitoring gene activity and physical deterioration of body parts.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IQPREREQUISITE

We can determine what happens to the body after death
In that sense there is something ... it can be observed, replicated and verified

As my previous post implied ... Everything the body is made of has already been recycled and will be recycled again
If you believe you are just your body then you are obliged to recognise that life goes on

If you think you are the body and life goes on without you when it dies ... that is contradictory to the scientific evidence

So the question is "Who are You"

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am not going to enter this as any kind of "proof" of anything. Just relating my own experience for those who may want to draw their own conclusions.

I will spare everyone the details, fairly unrelated to the point, but I experienced a traumatic event: I was awake and fully aware one moment; everything began to grow dim and my view closed in to a small area; then the lights went out. Just as suddenly the lights came back on and I knew I was in a hospital bed, wrapped up in bandages. To me this was no more time than it would take for some one to flip a light switch first one way then the other.
A few minutes later, a nurse came by and said, "Oh! I see your back." I said, "Back? I didn't know I had been anywhere." She said she would tell me later when I was a little stronger. The next day she told me my injuries had happened four days ago and I had been dead on the operating table for almost five minutes. Long enough for the doctors to leave and began to wash up.
I saw no "bright light" nor a "long dark tunnel". Had no talk with any love ones who had passed, nor did I hear a voice telling me anything.
I tell all this to allow anyone who reads it to use this bit of personal information as they may see fit for their own opinion.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Where Is The Proof That There Is "Nothing" After Death?

Proof of anything or nothing, after physical death, is impossible.
What we believe is up to us as individuals and then, after we die, we'll discover whether we are right or wrong on that very same individual level.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

We can determine what happens to the body after death
In that sense there is something ... it can be observed, replicated and verified

As my previous post implied ... Everything the body is made of has already been recycled and will be recycled again
If you believe you are just your body then you are obliged to recognise that life goes on

If you think you are the body and life goes on without you when it dies ... that is contradictory to the scientific evidence

So the question is "Who are You"

I agree that you can observe what happens to the body. But I guess our conclusions on this matter will differ unless we define first what composes an alive individual.

Should we base it on science alone? Are philosophical and metaphysical definitions allowed? Do we talk about persons only or do we welcome animals or even ameoba into the picture?

You know the drill. Lay the conditions first.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply ...

Science knows a fraction of all there is
Often we can know something to be true or believe something to be true but are unable to prove that through science

In truth I am a spiritual person ... I know not all are and it was those who believe we are just the body that my comments were made for ...

If one believes they are just the body ... then science shows that the substances of the body are recycled upon death

I believe we are thought beings and the thought is withdrawn at death ... in affect they run out
I do not believe we are just our thoughts though
Thought is the fuel for the vehicle we inhabit ,,, but what is that part which experiences thoughts and ideas which can afffect the substances around us ... I say we are souls

Science looks for say the God particle yet most often fails to recognise the part that is doing the looking

So who we are and what we are and why we are remain mostly a mystery

I hope this explains better where I am coming from ie a spiritual point of view and yes I do not deny science
But again Science knows only a fraction yet through thought you can know of things science has yet to prove

edit on 31-8-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Science knows a fraction of all there is
Often we can know something to be true or believe something to be true but are unable to prove that through science

In truth I am a spiritual person ... I know not all are and it was those who believe we are just the body that my comments were made for ...

If one believes they are just the body ... then science shows that the substances of the body are recycled upon death

I believe we are thought beings and the thought is withdrawn at death ... in affect they run out
I do not believe we are just our thoughts though
Thought is the fuel for the vehicle we inhabit ,,, but what is that part which experiences thoughts and ideas which can afffect the substances around us ... I say we are souls

Science looks for say the God particle yet most often fails to recognise the part that is doing the looking

So who we are and what we are and why we are remain mostly a mystery

I hope this explains better where I am coming from ie a spiritual point of view and yes I do not deny science
But again Science knows only a fraction yet through thought you can know of things science has yet to prove

You know what...I totally agree.

To add to that, I read many years back of patients who had their brains sliced off but still retain complete consciousness and thought processes. So I imagine there's more to us than the retail and sum of our body parts.

I'm borderline spiritual and logic when it comes to these topics. We will never know unless we are the ones who cross the threshold but we cannot relay what we discover once we cross that border between life and death. So I guess my belief on this topic would be that it will remain a question mark for a very long time.
edit on 1-9-2016 by IQPREREQUISITE because: spelling

edit on 1-9-2016 by IQPREREQUISITE because: spelling

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I think it is important to have our beliefs challenged both by science and other truth disciplines
The beliefs that can withstand such scrutiny build a strong foundation

I often think that those who have passed on know more than us on Earth ... Sort of like awakening to something familiar

edit on 1-9-2016 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
When in a dream, there is no proof that can be found within the dream that there's life after it ends. You either have to become lucid, or wait for the dream to end. In either case, the persona seeking the proof disappears and the only thing that remains is you.
edit on 2-9-2016 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I have had dreams in which I died in respect of leaving my body yet I still was aware
Also I have had dreams where I was fully aware and knew I was dreaming and carried that awareness into waking life

I have had many dreams which later became real
Also I have had dreams where I was in another dimension /realm ... that realm was made of light

edit on 2-9-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Dreams provide a powerful insight into the understanding of Advaita. Profound beauty and revelation can be found in such introspection. Add to that, experiences with OBE's and/or lucid dreaming and the understanding of self and the concept of God can become very clear. Indepensible tools in my opinion.

edit on 2-9-2016 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join