It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is The Proof That There Is "Nothing" After Death?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

What are we? I suggest one of the many lifeforms on Earth, that happened to become dominant. Elephants Dolphins to name a couple are perfectly reasonable individuals operating from their type of body, with the same awareness as us. Calling them animals is a bit rich when we are in fact a naked ape. We can only try to be nice to each other and wait.

This is leading to a classical argument. So I think I'll
avoid that this time. It's just not worth making things hard
on the Mods. People have tried to make me look like a holy
bartender over and over. They don't succeed, ever.

edit on Rpm10816v47201600000027 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I might be in the wrong forum but reading what you wrote led me to the question of what exactly consciousness is? reply to: boncho

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The trick is not to linger on the after death at the end of the day, we will all met there.
My options on death, refers to energy as energy needs to go somewhere it never disappears. My believe is our energy disperses into everything around because there is no vessel/body.
reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Here's a thought. Energy merely goes from one form to another in a continual motion. It doesn't stop or cease to be. We are energy in motion. Death is merely a transformation of energy. We also do not cease to be. Although our form may differ.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There is talk that when one dies their body has no function at all whatsoever. But I have always had the question of whether or not consciousness could be a product of something our brain does or if it is something else. I have never really read into it at all. But anyways if it is then you need a brain to observe reality I guess but if it isn't then I don't really know. Just an odd question I have been thinking of.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

My Doctor was Egyptian.
They worked on me a long time.
I did state that I'd just finished being cleaned up for family viewing. IV, tubes, etc, remove.
What very little um, bodily fluids I'd had were already cleaned. Embarrassing.
After going back to that town for a few months I moved.
I got treated differently.
Thought to be Isis by my former Dr and his wife, even a statuette of her which DID look like me but was over 800 years old, and other things like a black striped with darker Black Egyptian Cat, Tapestries, etc in the room I was seen in.

Called a Demon of any kind by some, a Celestial being by local and non local Psychics, dude........ Does it really matter?

My one late Grandmother said she knew a woman who died.
Grave robbers dug the very rich woman up and to get her wedding rings, cut her finger off. blood start flowing and the woman woke.
That a couple found it their mission to go and look for the very recently declared dead, poke then with the tip of a knife at pulse points, if they bled, they were alive.
I they did not bleed, they were dead.

Imagine.

Years later in med school, reading about a couple who'd been at my Great Grandmother's Family's Plantation, hailed by slaves, especially the zombie ones, for searching out WARM pulse points, cutting into them and discovering zombies were NOT the dead resurrected and a great deal of rich people thought dead were only in what came to be known as comas in which some claim a coma victim can dream, but I've not met any who recall dreaming, just a terrifying feeling akin to Sleep Paralysis where one is aware, eyes open, can hear yet cannot move or speak.
THOSE people that recall that from their comas, I had been a Councillor to a few.
They have the worst Post Traumatic Stress Disorders.
If you go to pretty much any Canadian University, as Universities are way up there academically than our Colleges, Psych Professors, Sociology Professors, Theology Professors and Multiculturalism Professors will more than likely be assigning text books I wrote on PTSD of all types, highlighting this real story at the beginning, dedicated to my late Grandmother's family as her Grandfather had been one of the freed slaves of Zombie ism.

They would also be using the Documentaries I've done on the Text book cases, real people, cross sectional studies and ethics of religions.

Personally, I believe in reincarnation. Believing in that of course means there is indeed, SOMETHING after death, it just is not usually recalled, is generally pushed aside as De Je Vous or something else those many as objective as is humanly possible, cased studies of people reincarnated, pretty much proves in reincarnation.

I believe in Ghosts.
Giving me yet another reason to believe there IS indeed something after death.
Nothing, actually IS something in a lot of people's opinion.

As one would not know if nothing existed without having been nothing to become something.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The only reason there seems to be 'things' now is that there is naming.
There is no thing now - that is good news by the way!!

What there is now is what there has always been and will always be.
Nothing is forming.

The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name.

The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things.

Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.

Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness.

Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding.

acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I've been clinically dead twice and all I remember is blackness. Absolute nothingness. It was scary to think that you can't see what happens.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LewisBrown

I've been clinically dead twice and all I remember is blackness. Absolute nothingness. It was scary to think that you can't see what happens.

Did you see the blackness?
Think about it this way - deep sleep is not experienced - deep sleep is remembered in wakefulness. If deep sleep continued for 100 years the space between the light cannot be measured. So if the light goes out when the body dies even if it took a million years before the light comes on again it would not feel like a million years - it would be like going to sleep and then waking up - no time seems to happen in deep sleep.

You state that 'it was scary to think that you can't see what happens' - this must have been thought after waking. When the nothingness was present was there any thing to fear?
edit on 10-1-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Nothing is the potential for everything, everything is the potential for nothing.

Life is the potential for death, death is the potential for life.

Regarding anything one may want to HONESTLY consider, all things are nothing but competing potentialities.

But in reality there is no competition, there is only the natural tendency for everything to establish a state of quasi-equilibrium.

Nothing proves anything but that change is the only thing that will come.

People have not evolved to the point of realizing there is no explaining of things in a way we can understand because we have not been allowed to evolve for quite some time.

It is becoming obvious that we may be a dead end species contrary to what we arrogantly believe ourselves to be.
edit on 10-1-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LewisBrown

Is THAT what THIS is REALLY about?

FEAR that there will be nothing after death?

Psychologically speaking, one cannot fear what they have never experienced.

IF anyone has that fear, OF COURSE they have it for a reason. Latent/Dormant memories that SOME people just need to continue as it is better for their mental health and well being.

Even I, get frissons of fear thinking of ALL I will be missing, NOT that there is nothing, just that I will not be part of the living.

Totally irrational. And I know better......

I feel better after listening to Lita Ford ft. Ozzy, sing," Close Your Eyes."

Gives me a reallity check.

SHE KNEW as do many, that she was being called, " Home."

MOST people DO get that ' Feeling ' about 3 weeks before death whether it be in a form of accident, illness, etc.
It really is something....... People know...... Most just do not want to acknowledge it..... Like my late Mom.
Oh, she"d had all funeral arrangements made in the mid 80's, plots, everything.
Acted brave.
Prepared.
At the last moment, she said,' I know it"s time, I love you, I'm not ready. I haven't finished a few things. OH! I hear the birds singing so beautifully, do you? " Then she was gone. it was US, those she left behind, that STILL need her. SHE was the backbone of it ALL.
Less than 4 months later, Ukrainian Christmas though ( I think Old County Christmas as my Father had been from Austria when still under French rule, moved to Canada at age 6 ), called me and told me goodbye. Said he was needed by my Mom. That he HAD to go to home. Be with her. She was calling him.
The Hospital Nurse assigned to him called me 4 days later, said I was to decide whether they revived him or just kept him on Palliative care till he went home.
I talked to him 1st.
Then the Nurse and Doctor.
I HAD to tell them Palliative care. He was suffering, had been, for ever so long, he made me promise 5 years previous. Had it in his will. He only kept going by a thread, for my Mom.
He passed that night.

THAT occurred 4 years after my own death but of course, they didn't come back.

My Mom's soul year was 3, my Father's 9.

Some people believe only Prophets or Saints get more than 9 soul years.

Yet just ordinary cell phone cameras for my Wedding photos, show she attended my Wedding Good Friday, April 3rd, 2015.

And others show she has been here a few other times.

So other than what happened to me, how can I NOT believe there is SOMETHING after death?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I see people say "there is no proof that there is anything after death" all the time on these boards and even in real life. So where is the proof that there is nothing after death?

Have you ever seen or experienced "nothing"? No, there is only this "something" that we all experience. For all we know there is only this "something" and no such thing as "nothing".

I believe it takes a bigger leap in logic to conclude that there is nothing after death than there is to conclude there is something because no one has ever experienced nothing and lived to tell about it. All anyone knows is this something we experience right now.

So to those who believe there is nothing after death, where is your proof? My proof that there is something after death is right here and now within this something we have always experienced.

Good Opening Post.
In the Tibetan Book of the Dead, it speaks of this "nothing" as a westernized concept which does not exist in the east.
It is a material rather than spiritual or philosophical viewpoint where there is no consciousness, spirit or energy outside of ourselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

So you are taking 1 side of an equal equation.
Presumptuous, because there is no definitive proof of either...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Oh and to your claim that because you are alive and experiencing life means that there must be something after death, is very odd indeed.

I say this because living and non-living are two extremely different states. How you come to the conclusion that life is equal in anyway to death is a very strange perception...

Death is the exact opposite of life. We know this because death stops all living processes and we have witnessed this since time was observable...

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Hmmm well 9 times out of 10 when I sleep there is nothing, I don't even have a memory of falling to sleep, just one moment I wake up and time has passed with no recollection of anything happening... It's just a whole lot of nothing...

You can't prove a negative, this is a logical fallacy... It's like saying prove santa and the easter bunny is not real, you can't prove this! People that say there IS something have the burden of proof.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84

i think the burden of proof lies within the "something" camp.

If you take all and every measuring technique (EEG, Heartbeat, mri! whatever) to a dying patient.
You will find...nothing after death. No breathing, no heartbeat no brain function. (sounds silly, but its the medical definition of death).

Thats proof enough for me. If anyone disagrees: proof me wrong.

You're limited by your belief that we are only flesh, bones and organs. Believing that once they stop, there is no more.

You're entitled to that opinion. But I don't see you being able to prove anything with that assumption.

Actually, there's MORE proof of something after death due to all kinds of things such as people coming back after dying, paranormal experiences etc. And however bogus or unbelievable many of them may be it's more than the "nothing camp" have.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I always say this

Before life - There is nothing that you remember. You can't remember anything before your life. You have yet to be created. You have yet to BE.

During life - You experience life. You use all the senses you are blessed with to experience everything. Light, sound etc etc. You are alive and you are aware.

After death - This part is unfathomable. You have never experienced nothing. Before life, you weren't created so you had nothing to experience anything with.. You weren't here. During life all you could experience was... well, everything - you were alive and very much aware. But now you're not...

Try this for me : Explain nothing.

If you say darkness, nothingness, emptiness... that can't be! You're dead... you can't experience darkness or emptiness because you're body is dead. Everything you have ever used to experience things has died with your body. Your physical bodies senses no longer work. So you can't experience nothing. Nothing doesn't exist. Because there has to be SOMETHING alive to experience NOTHING.
edit on 10-1-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Someone explain to me how memory is an indicator of existence and if you do not remember, you must not have existed?
You may not remember your dreams or experiences while asleep, but that does not mean you did not dream or have experiences either.

Back in the day when I wanted to learn how to lucid cream, one of the exercises I learned was to write down my dreams in a journal the moment I woke up. Otherwise, you tend to forget them the moment you start with your daily activities. Prior to this exercise, I had no recollection of any dreams. A month later, I could recall my dreams in detail to the point where I no longer even needed a journal.

Scientists can also measure your brainwave activity and tell when you are dreaming (REM Sleep) and everyone it has been shown dreams.

So, again, because we do not remember does not mean we did not exist either during sleep or even before birth.
Before birth, even makes it more complicated because we had no brain to record physical experiences, which brings us to occult material , astral plane, etheric plane, multidimensional bodies and so on that is beyond the scope of most people focused only on this physical existence. That is all that exists to them.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
From the Tibetan Book of the Dead

books.google.com... zMK1SJLAvasLzxdJkULn8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKttWO75_KAhVElR4KHb94DqcQ6AEIOTAE#v=onepage&q=tibetan%20book%20of%20the%20dead%20robert%20thurman%20nothi ng&f=false

This chapter, (scroll up one page) goes over very well on the concept of nothingness, and even using the word concept is wrong as well, because that gives nothing a something definition.

Nothing is categorically unimaginable, so it is incorrect to picture nothing as a destination. It is wrongly imagined to be a ground state giving off no reading, which appears as a EEG flatline. It is incoherently imagined to be an anesthesia following a loss of all sensation. It is wrongly conceived to be a place of quiet where within which consciousness can slip.

When we imagine nothing in the above ways, we are actually doing nothing more than comforting ourselves. We are building our image of the state of nothingness on our habitual sense of deep sleep

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: RickinVa

There have been plenty of people who said they did experience something after they were clinically dead, so are their testimonies not valid?

I didn't say that... all I said was that if you were going to consider people remembering experiences after being brought back from the dead as proof of something after death, then you must consider that people who do not remember anything after being brought back from death as proof that nothing exists well.

It's called logic.

So again, if memories are the determinant factor of ones existence, then does that mean the people that do not have a memory prior to 5 years old means they did not exist? And believe me, there are a lot of people like that.
Everyone dreams every night (REM SLEEP) but not many people remember their dreams.

I can get to a deep meditative state where I close off all sensory input to the point where I am just conscious awareness and the time that passes feels like it could be 10 minutes or 10 hours.

I have no memory during those meditation sessions, since I closed off all activity
Did I exist in that state?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join