It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is The Proof That There Is "Nothing" After Death?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I see people say "there is no proof that there is anything after death" all the time on these boards and even in real life. So where is the proof that there is nothing after death?

Have you ever seen or experienced "nothing"? No, there is only this "something" that we all experience. For all we know there is only this "something" and no such thing as "nothing".

I believe it takes a bigger leap in logic to conclude that there is nothing after death than there is to conclude there is something because no one has ever experienced nothing and lived to tell about it. All anyone knows is this something we experience right now.

So to those who believe there is nothing after death, where is your proof? My proof that there is something after death is right here and now within this something we have always experienced.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There is no proof of either. There is as much proof of "nothing" after death, as there is of "something" after death. Until we arrive and KNOW, all we have is opinion. No one needs proof for their opinion.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I have to agree with you here, enlightened. There is no void, no darkness, no "nothing" after death.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I see people say "there is no proof that there is anything after death" all the time on these boards and even in real life. So where is the proof that there is nothing after death?

Have you ever seen or experienced "nothing"? No, there is only this "something" that we all experience. For all we know there is only this "something" and no such thing as "nothing".

I believe it takes a bigger leap in logic to conclude that there is nothing after death than there is to conclude there is something because no one has ever experienced nothing and lived to tell about it. All anyone knows is this something we experience right now.

So to those who believe there is nothing after death, where is your proof? My proof that there is something after death is right here and now within this something we have always experienced.

Guess we just dont know till it happens

Let me ask you this though, which senses do you plan on experience all this something with, after you die??
edit on 6 1 2016 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I would have to disagree. There is no proof of nothing but all the proof for something.

Though I do see where you're coming from even if I disagree.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Good lawd, it's a miracle! We agree on something for once.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
There is no proof of nothing but all the proof for something.

What proof of something? There is no proof of anything after death.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

There is no proof of either. There is as much proof of "nothing" after death, as there is of "something" after death. Until we arrive and KNOW, all we have is opinion. No one needs proof for their opinion.

We have plenty of proof—cadaver farms, morgues, even cemeteries. We know exactly what happens to people when they die.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There is proof of 'nothing' after death, it's called brain death. Once the brain shuts off, no more signals, no more life. It's not a leap in logic at all, we have no contact with 'ghosts' or some variation of humans that exist after their physical life is over. If we could talk to our deceased brethren, then there would be a good argument for life after death, because any record of this happening is extremely suspect, pranks/jokes/cons/swindlers/fraudsters/charlatan, it's not nearly enough to support an argument.

If you have actual, cogent contact with people after death, logic would dictate we have something to look forward to. If this were the way the world was, it would be as easy as setting up a scientific study and documenting people's interactions after they die. Boom = proof of life after death.

We don't have that however, so we look at the nature of life, and humans, mammals, animals... everything-is born, lives, grows old, dies. As the tellomeres shorten in an organism's life, it loses the ability to keep its cells from deteriorating, and soon death is the end result. After that, there is no physical signs of life whatsoever. There is no leap in logic, the vessel that person was in is dead, there's nothing to suggest that decaying carbon has any life in, or the ability to transfer life, as "life" is the chemical reactions happening in the brain, and the body it resides in.

The leap in logic happens when man made religions are telling you otherwise.
edit on 6-1-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

i think the burden of proof lies within the "something" camp.

If you take all and every measuring technique (EEG, Heartbeat, mri! whatever) to a dying patient.
You will find...nothing after death. No breathing, no heartbeat no brain function. (sounds silly, but its the medical definition of death).

Thats proof enough for me. If anyone disagrees: proof me wrong.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Proving the existence of nothingness is impossible--there is literally nothing to prove--therefore your premise to try and make it sound like nothingness is an impossibility is illogical and flawed at the start. You need to realize that the proof you seek is the impossibility, not the possibility (and, IMO, probability) life ends in nothingness.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Where Is The Proof That There Is "Nothing" After Death?

It's in the same place as the proof that there Is "something" After Death. Of course though, the only way to find the proof is as in the eating!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

Thats proof enough for me. If anyone disagrees: proof me wrong.

A corpse is something. Humans are not just brain activity and heart beats.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There is "nothing" before life, so it starts with "nothing" and end with "nothing".

Or actually it starts with energy, and end with energy.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Good lawd, it's a miracle! We agree on something for once.

Don't be too hasty, friend. I think our "somethings" are going to be drastically different.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I think you'll find the wording here is the major problem...

There is no "PROOF" of life after death... but there is plenty of "evidence" that life exists beyond death

That is the very core of all religions... and the message Jesus came to show, IF one believes in his message

Though there is not even evidence of nothingness after the death of the body

the very concept is impossible... One can not provide "proof" or even "evidence" of nothing

edit on 6-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I truly believe Death is an illusion, and we are all "energy/spirits" experiencing this reality through our shell of a body. That spirit/energy doesn't die with the "shell"

That's my 2 cents

link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
There is "nothing" before life, so it starts with "nothing" and end with "nothing".

Or actually it starts with energy, and end with energy.

I can't sense that!
Do you mean, energy is neither created nor destroyed....but even that can't make what you say right in the second sentence.
edit on 6-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

link   

I'm speaking of something and nothing in general terms. There is all the evidence in the world (literally) for "something" but absolutely no proof that "nothing" (non)exists.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

And as far as we can tell, that "nothing" always leads to this "something" at birth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join