It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for Regime Change in North Korea?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bucsarg

Sure, if you want to rattle China really bad, go ahead.

There's no country in the world, or coalition for that matter, that would get China's approval for 'regime change' in NK.

Considering the CIA hasn't really done much playing in Kim's back yard, I assume it's because of China, or the North Koreans are really really good at counter espionage..

OR, the more likely answer...

North Korea has nothing of strategic value to offer any country that would have the resources to take it over.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bucsarg
In a previous OP I wrote about before going to war... it's needs to necessary. I do not think it wise to go to war with North Korea for a number of important reasons. But, I do not want to focus on these reasons.

I want to focus on North Korea's current regime to discuss what should be done about it.

I think most people will agree that Kim is mentally unstable just like his father. I seriously doubt Kim is aware he has physiological issues. Many individuals who suffer emotional issues can go through life having a reasonable quality of life. In Kim's case killing family members and non-family members is beyond reasonable. His actions demonstrate he is very unstable and dangerous.

Given his dangerous unpredictable mental state coupled with having total control over one of mankind's most dangerous weapons; one must consider at some point how to address this dangerous situation. Too allow it to continue is asking for a future catastrophe.

I think I've come to the conclusion that at the very least it's time to meet, discuss, and plan for a surgical operation to remove Kim and his supporters in government and military. I know, I know, it's easier said than accomplished.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

if drone technology can be bought for a few dollars at most stores that sell that kind of thing.
I think it is now possible for any Gov. anywhere to "take out anyone anywhere" If we can buy sophisticated little flying machines that can carry a kilo, and observe a target through a camera with cross hairs . Then how advanced are the ones at the Governments disposal? I would suggest very advanced and capable. I think their is an agreement between leaders of nations not to use this kind of thing as a political assassination tool. But then who knows what games are played.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Let China take care of NK.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Let North Korea take care of North Korea.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: MrSpad

I don't think the cost to bring them into the modern world is anything compared to the cost of keeping them there. People who have lived under a dictator's boot for generations tend to fall right back into fascist rule pretty quickly, folding like paper under the first cult of personality that woos their nation's military into defending their rise to power.

The South Koreans have been looking into the cost for sometime. It has made them resistant to even a peaceful reunification. You would have a massive, starving population decades behind the modern world. And a infrastructure nightmare.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join