It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should People Be forced to Participate in Things they don't agree with?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: rickymouse

So then the hospital has every right to fire this guy then. Especially considering the circumstances surrounding his firing. You know since he was warned multiple times about it and all.

Hospitals are supposed to be unbiased. Now endorsing this group shows they are bias. The hospitals should not be endorsing any group except ones that are in fields related to their line of work. If this goes to court, I think the hospital would lose. I am not a lawyer, but I do know some of the regulations. It would probably be settled out of court.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Hospitals are supposed to be unbiased.

That's why so many of them are Catholic, and enforce Catholic values through their discriminatory medical offerings.

/sarcasm

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That's why so many of them are Catholic, and enforce Catholic values through their discriminatory medical offerings.

/sarcasm

If they get federal funding at all, that is the rules they have to follow. Most hospitals have gotten federal funding.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

ACLU Sues Catholic Hospital for Selectively Choosing Which Women Can Have Tubal Ligations

Of course they take federal monies. They take Medicare.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
I am just wondering why people must be forced to participate in that they don't agree with.

Perhaps there is a standard of expectation to work somewhere.
If you are some raging Nazi, and want to work in a hospital, it is fair to require you to curb your tongue, or go work in some lonely storeroom and blare your ignorant hateful crap at the cinder-block, where you can do no harm, as you would harm people!
Laws are for those with no ethics, who wish to live with others!
You cannot force someone to behave appropriately, but if pressure doesn't work, perhaps we should just add them to the protein banks!?

Loud, hateful ignorance is out of place anywhere, especially in a hospital!
Especially by a professional in performance of their job!
Good riddance!

edit on 7-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

This is symptomatic of and consistent with mantra that individual rights should be surrendered in favour of group or community rights whichever way it was, in some anti terro discussion I read the other day.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So then the hospital has every right to fire this guy then. Especially considering the circumstances surrounding his firing. You know since he was warned multiple times about it and all.

Hospitals are supposed to be unbiased. Now endorsing this group shows they are bias. The hospitals should not be endorsing any group except ones that are in fields related to their line of work. If this goes to court, I think the hospital would lose. I am not a lawyer, but I do know some of the regulations. It would probably be settled out of court.

Why is that? What law(s) say this exactly?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
I apologize to everyone I some how read into the article he was being made to attend the different LGBT events the hospital was promoting.

And after rereading the article and searching other articles it seems he was not made to attend these events but instead was opposed to the hospital holding such events because as a health care organization they should promote healthy lifestyles.

gain I apologize the mistake was clearly mine.

Way to man up.

Respect.

originally posted by: rickymouse

Even if that's true (which I have seen no indication of), supporting equality IS unbiased! Are you so biased against LGBT that you see support of their equal treatment as "biased"?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Uh, well........in a pluralistic society without any universally accepted norms or conventions that's really kind of silly. Keeping your mouth shut in this day in time is 1) protecting your back and 2) getting along so you can operate in general population to make an income without constantly taking flack.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join