It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret and Not So Secret UK Bases and Installations

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
IM INTERESTED in hearing about this underground tunnel linking all sites in the UK and big enough to have helicopters flying in it? as my work is dealing with IT on military sites and being triple B cleared i get access unsupervised on all military establishments ive been to so far,im base din the northwest to im restricted to the ones around here at the moment,but corsham is another big one where part of my team are based,i have always seen the signs wiht the roof on top of the pole thing and wondered what it was,never had the chance to ask ym dad who was in the raf for 30 years.anyone shed a light on the tunnels

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
sorry i didnt read the whole list so you may already have this, but the "Secret Bunker" in Fife near RAF Leuchers has a part that is still occupied by the MOD that is not accesable to the public.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by amanbuthimself

Operations still go on at Beeston.I had a friend who worked there and he used to leave the place covered in a green powder.It was in his hair,under his fingernails.What the hell was that stuff?It smelt rather peculiar too.
Near to myself is the worst mod place of them all and it isn`t mentioned here.Only people who had friends working at these places with loose lips found out about what really goes on there.Laboratories suck.......

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
ok ..there seems to be a lot of people posting on here only giving vague facts and descriptions of places.

can we have some more definative data? like actual locations ,descriptions etc...

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Anyone know anything about the underground part of USAF Upper Heyford. I live on the domestic side and a good and most reliable source told me that his father worked on an underground rail link between the armoury and loading bays about a mile apart. but he said that the rail link was three levels down and the above two levels were so big that it could house thousands of troups and even had a cinema and a small shopping mall..... I do know there are filtered vents all over the site ... not small things either... big reinforced buildings with ventilation on the top.

Any info would be most appreciated

Sen

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
right been reading this thread for a while! im an MOD cleared IT engineer working on the Dii project,basically i install and maintain all the Militaries IT in the UK and in deployed enviroment,any MOD site either based-afloat-deployed is linked with either Dii network or TAFMIS anyway facts out of the way,the sites mentioned none are secret or covert, the operations at corsham as someone said some of which are secret nature,Atlas IT NOC operations and joint signal brigade are two i deal with on a daily basis but again this place is mapped on the landranger maps along with every other place ive been to you just might not notice them
and i know for a fact that some so called closed RAF bases are very much still operational as ive recently installed IT in two of them.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
faldingwoth was an raf base now used as a weapon test site.its a very secretative place.i went and the police turbed up and put my details in seprate book(not there normal note book) very strange place.the villagers who live near the place say they can feel the ground shake when they are testing...they also say it is to blame for the earthquake in the uk last year which was felt most of the uk and in parts of europe....

i am off back there soon to film it.i will post it up when ive done it

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Good Thread.

Secret Bases - Military - Security - Politics
www.indymedia.org.uk...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
hi all
so i went to the site.did a bit of filming and within 10mins a van came and stayed at the entrance of the site.when we passed it,it began to follow us as i turned off to the lft it went straight on.as we passed back the site the van was there at the entance again.as we passed it went out the same way(oppasite to the way we was going).we went to try and see where it went but it was no where to be seen.the van had what seemed to have radcliff on it....ive got all this a film(16mins worth) but having probs uploading it to anywhere(if any one can help with this please do then i can put it on here)the place is very strange.i hope to get more footage of this place and get closer to it to get better footage.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Posted on the old board by Greykiller

YORKSHIRE:

GCHQ / NSA [RAF] Menwith Hill - 7miles west of Harrogate. Known to NSA as field station F83 and by workers [1600 US and 370 British] as "The Hill", it is also a BMEWS Site linked to USSC, Colorado Springs

Interesting, I live In Keighley, which is practically on the Yorkshire border, and only a short drive from Harrogate.

Any info on this base? I've seen a couple of UFOs in my time, what's the base used for. Any sort of aircraft testing?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The USAF base(disused) at Heyford in Oxfordshire is a pretty cool base.
Years ago (8-10yrs) we got in to the underground tunnels there.
We...er..."managed" to get it through some chained up double doors and walked through a good mile or so of them.... they apparently run under and all throughout the base (which is huge).

It was like something out of the move "the hole"... and we were pretty apprehensive about going down the smaller narrower tunnels.

The main tunnels were wide enough, if not not purposefully made for, driving a car/jeep down.

Ariel shot
www.raf-upper-heyford.org...

Many more shots here
www.raf-upper-heyford.org...

Almost every base in Oxfordshire on Simon's list is no more than 20 mins from my house.

[edit on 27/9/09 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
www.secretscotland.org.uk...

My mother was a civilian worker at this now defunct base,and was regularly allowed access to underground levels.
I remember her saying that her and her team would take an elevator down,and while she did'nt know how far down they went,she said the trip down took several minutes,and when they stepped out the air was so cold,that they could see their breath mist!
Also on site was a civilian fire brigade,of which i personally knew a few,and if they ever recieved a callout to an emergency in the lower levels,they would get down there,only to be turned away by armed guards saying,"Dont worry.The situation is under control"!

I believe the land has now been purchased by a local landowner,but apparently the government retains the right to reaquire the site if needs be!

www.secretscotland.org.uk...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Does anyone have any backdrop on some of these locations then.

Pertaining to 'strange' or hidden activities?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hahaha doubt theres much going on at Edzell , I used to work with the SWT (scotish wildlife trust) and they had a couple of buildings there for storing equipment in etc.
Always wanted a good rake around there though its the only place I've ever seen some one with a private single seater jet lol

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Hi there,

New to this site ad I have some direct experiece of RACTC Bovington. There is a fair amount of "grey" activity going on there daily. "22" (lol) are regularly there and as a staging post for other stuff and other less well known SF unist stage through there regularly.

As an EX RMP there are things going on at various locations throughout my area (South West) which get me wondering but i'm unsire how to progress and find otu more

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Not sure how I've only just come across this thread, but spot on!

Very cool list Simon! S&F

I live very very close to DERA/QinetiQ at Malvern..
Never heard anything about teleportation research going on there, but you do see them working with the RAF, testing out new radar and imaging tech.

Loads of very fast very low jets trying to evade detection and putting on a great show!

I'd love to know more about that place..

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hi
Well I live in Cornwall and regularly go past this building. Its never even attracted my notice before. In the picture you see the A30 as it was. It has since been widened quite a lot.

Secret base?

Now its a plain brown building. It still has cars parked there sometimes when I pass it. The phot says that the buildin is no longer in use and has not been since 2002. Here we are in 2010 and the reason it came to my attention was this. I have a friend who is a security expert but also a member of this forum. Does all sorts of work for the MOD, DEFRA, and anyone else who needs to use high tech secuirty measures. As he was driving past this place he noticed the level of security. It has thermal cameras. Night vision. Tremble fencing which as a side note, can be used if you change channels on the board, as a listening device apparently. Incorporated on top of these measures are post 2002 security devices. Now apparently it is Marconi. Now I grew up around the Marconi research station just outside of Chelmsford essex. The security on that fencing was just that - a fence. They had demountable buildings with glass cages and dog leads on desks there. You could see them through the fence. I remember when I was about 1985, there was a knock at the door and there were two police stood at the door. I asked what the matter was and they said due to a fire at the Marconi base, poisonous gas had leaked into the area and they were evacuating. Loads of people had to go to the local town hall and school. Yet the police wore no gas masks.

So what does an ex marconi building, that has no apparent use need with all the high tech stuff security.

The road to it instead of just going to it, now has its own slip road from the victoria round about. Why?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
hi there,

it is listed on the following website:

www.secret-bases.co.uk.

this is Alan Turbulls wonderfull website on all things secret in the UK.

i have been to the particular base 10 years ago as part of a joint QinetiQ program. but saw nothing out of the ordinary. but i was in only one part of it.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormwind™

I drive past this building on the A30 a lot too so it was amusing to find your post here!

The building itself is pretty drab so im sure that 90% of the thousands of people who drive past everyday dont even give it a second glance. Closer inspection reveals the cameras, barbed wire etc and i often wondered what on earth it was used for.

I asked a friend who knows about such things and he said that it is a secure communications center (for what he didnt elaborate). He said it was basically a telephone exchange. He was pretty vague about it!

Hope that was some help.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join