It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the Oregon protesters not called terrorist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: theySeeme

Why are we bringing blacks into this? Of those 100 can you give me their criminal history (if any) to determine their bad habits, or lack of them?

Sure here are plenty on the lack of criminal records, here's one but there's thousands if you care to do some research, I'm no one's slave so I won't.

- Man Gets Three Life Sentences For Simply Witnessing a Drug Deal

Clarence Aaron went to prison in 1993, at the age of 23. He was involved in a drug deal, but was neither the buyer nor the seller. He didn’t touch the drugs or collect any money. All he did was introduce the two men involved in the transaction and it has cost him his life.

Aaron didn’t plead guilty when he was arrested, largely because he didn’t believe he did anything wrong. Because of this, he received three life sentences. Neither Presidents Bush nor Clinton chose to commute the incredibly long sentence given to a young man who was in college and had no criminal record.

Let me get this strait you are saying because it happens to blacks all the time it should happen to whites too.

How about fixing the problem? Nah we will just keep talking about gun control. Thats the problem.....couldn't be a systemic on now could it.

I think part of fixing the problem is admitting we have a problem. Clearly, especially if we take your disinformation and ignorance in this topic, we are not admitting we have a problem.

How can we fix what is not even admitted into existence?

Maybe you could point out what you mean other wise its just an ad hominem attack.

I know we have a problem. I have been part of the solution for a while now. I teach judo after school to kids who have no where to go, two of them eat at my house almost every night. I teach an anti bullying program with self defence, and as I am a sound engineer and guitar maker also do community work with those things. I am working in a music program with a highschool jazz band that got them a grant to buy instruments.

What do you do besides watch CNN and parrot the liberal point of view?

But yeah back yourself up and quote my ignorance.

I would like to point out I spent 6 months in India learning music from a Sufi when I was 22. I have zero hatred for Muslims as a whole. It doesn't take away that there are serious systemic problems within some of the middle eastern versions of Islamic community.

Or that we have serious systemic judicial problems that ignore the poor and justice.

I am all for Obama's last gun actions. But not for assault weapons bans etc. None of that will help the poor. At all. You need law enforcement and community building not gun bans.

link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Just because they haven't hurt anyone doesn't mean they aren't terrorist. The actions they have taken shows that they are terrorist. So if a guy holds up a bank but gets no money due to the safe being locked is he still a bank robber?

No, he is an attempted bank robber.

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

…the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

By that definition the government is terrorist, too.

The only difference between a terrorist organization and a government is the scale of the organization. Kind of like identifying the difference between a cult and a religion.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
It's actually a good move by the FBI if they havent said it..

the militia's in this country are an unknown, keep quiet let them run out of supplies they come out arrest them...

do not risk inflaming a potential bigger problem from home grown radicals, it looks like they may have learned from waco and ruby ridge.

Inflammatory language can have a similar effect as a heavy handed over reaction on the ground.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Why are we bringing blacks into this? Of those 100 can you give me their criminal history (if any) to determine their bad habits, or lack of them?

Sure here are plenty on the lack of criminal records, here's one but there's thousands if you care to do some research, I'm no one's slave so I won't.

Clarence Aaron went to prison in 1993, at the age of 23. He was involved in a drug deal, but was neither the buyer nor the seller. He didn’t touch the drugs or collect any money. All he did was introduce the two men involved in the transaction and it has cost him his life.

Aaron didn’t plead guilty when he was arrested, largely because he didn’t believe he did anything wrong. Because of this, he received three life sentences. Neither Presidents Bush nor Clinton chose to commute the incredibly long sentence given to a young man who was in college and had no criminal record.

Let me get this strait you are saying because it happens to blacks all the time it should happen to whites too.

How about fixing the problem? Nah we will just keep talking about gun control. Thats the problem.....couldn't be a systemic on now could it.

I think part of fixing the problem is admitting we have a problem. Clearly, especially if we take your disinformation and ignorance in this topic, we are not admitting we have a problem.

Maybe you could point out what you mean other wise its just an ad hominem attack.

I know we have a problem. I have been part of the solution for a while now. I teach judo after school to kids who have no where to go, two of them eat at my house almost every night. I teach an anti bullying program with self defence, and as I am a sound engineer and guitar maker also do community work with those things. I am working in a music program with a highschool jazz band that got them a grant to buy instruments.

This entire paragraph has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, totally off topic and should be removed -

I don't watch CNN, not sure where you get that from. I also dont "parrot" a liberal point of view, or any identifiable point of view (Right, left, democrat, republican, liberal, I really don't care about any of that man-made gang/mafia/religion like mentality or nonsense, sorry)

Not hard to do when you clearly are ignorant, read what you wrote above..

I would like to point out I spent 6 months in India learning music from a Sufi when I was 22. I have zero hatred for Muslims as a whole. It doesn't take away that there are serious systemic problems within some of the middle eastern versions of Islamic community.

No one said you hate Muslims, not sure why you are replying to me with this paragraph. Seems like someone performing self defense when they were never attacked in the first place. Guilty?

Or that we have serious systemic judicial problems that ignore the poor and justice.

Of course we do, still has nothing to do with this topic.

I am all for Obama's last gun actions. But not for assault weapons bans etc. None of that will help the poor. At all. You need law enforcement and community building not gun bans.

This topic has nothing to do with Obama's last gun actions or assault weapons bans, or the poor.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Labels mean absolutely nothing.

The inexplicably vast amounts of Insane Clown Posse fans are classified as a gang by the FBI. What a joke.

Until these men kill, maim, or in any way injure an innocent person, they aren't terrorists by any definition.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
They have been labeled terrorists. FYI. : )

No. Because they are white, they are labeled 'activists'. If they weren't white they'd be called 'terrorists'.

Exactly. What if these folks identified as "Black lives matter" (silly right label), would law enforcement response be the same in this case? You know, them doing absolutely nothing about it?

I highly doubt that for some strange reason, can't quite put my finger on why..

Thats because they want the poor to stay in their box. We don't want poor activists. We want gang bangers running the good. Though one could argue the gov doesn't do anything about those armed thugs.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
It's actually a good move by the FBI if they havent said it..

the militia's in this country are an unknown, keep quiet let them run out of supplies they come out arrest them...

do not risk inflaming a potential bigger problem from home grown radicals, it looks like they may have learned from waco and ruby ridge.

Inflammatory language can have a similar effect as a heavy handed over reaction on the ground.

This actually sounds like a good and logical reason, you are one of the first people to reply to this topic with anything remotely contributing - thank you for that.

Perhaps that's what the protestors want; they want to be called terrorist or be deemed dangerous to incite some kind of civil war

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psychonautics
Labels mean absolutely nothing.

The inexplicably vast amounts of Insane Clown Posse fans are classified as a gang by the FBI. What a joke.

Until these men kill, maim, or in any way injure an innocent person, they aren't terrorists by any definition.

Most rap fans are classified gang members by the FBI as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
In my opinion, terrorists use the more helpless to influence political will of the government or other entities which are governmenttally oriented.

The first terrorism oriented act committed in this particular instance was committed by governmentally oriented entities themselves, AKA legal fictions or constructs, not by the people holding the government facility or even real and actual people.

Terrorist acts cannot really be committed against government entities in my opinion, because government entities are a legal fiction or construct which in itself cannot be terrified because it is not a thing that has emotions.

This terrorism buzzword is too often abused and misunderstood.

Banks and governments and the like commit more terrorist acts than most any other entity.

Remember, governments and banks are legal fictions or constructs and the Constitution was written to establish parameters for the legal fictions to work within.

The Constitution is not written or intended to control the people.

Gee, I hope buildings don't have emotions....

edit on 6-1-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: nevermind

edit on 6-1-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No. Because they are white, they are labeled 'activists'. If they weren't white they'd be called 'terrorists'.

Nice to see someone who tells it like it is. I can't argue with a man who has over 6,500,000 stars with only 3,000 comments around here.

Off topic, but I don't know where all those stars came from. One day it went from a couple of thousand to 6.5 million. Another mystery here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Nice to see someone who tells it like it is. I can't argue with a man who has over 6,500,000 stars with only 3,000 comments around here.

Off topic, but I don't know where all those stars came from. One day it went from a couple of thousand to 6.5 million. Another mystery here on ATS.

With your level of factual common sense, I think 1 star is worth 10,000

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

This entire paragraph has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, totally off topic and should be removed -

I don't watch CNN, not sure where you get that from. I also dont "parrot" a liberal point of view, or any identifiable point of view (Right, left, democrat, republican, liberal, I really don't care about any of that man-made gang/mafia/religion like mentality or nonsense, sorry)

Not hard to do when you clearly are ignorant, read what you wrote above..

No one said you hate Muslims, not sure why you are replying to me with this paragraph. Seems like someone performing self defense when they were never attacked in the first place. Guilty?

Of course we do, still has nothing to do with this topic.

This topic has nothing to do with Obama's last gun actions or assault weapons bans, or the poor.

I was responding to all your off topic posts to me so they will remove both of us.

First off you in fact did say I would be screaming they were terrorists if they were Muslims correct?

Second you have ranted on blacks being imprisoned similar to this situations.

Third you spun an ad hominem attack directly at me without proving I was ignorant.

You were the first off topic poster on your own thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I'm just curious, these armed Oregon "protestors" are basically committing an act of terrorism and threatning the police with the use of violence while trespassing - can you imagine if these folks were black, mexican, indian or muslim? This would be labeled all kinds of things, but for some reason the media and everyone else looks at this as some kind of peaceful protest, even though the protesters are not only breaking the law, they are threatening the lives of law enforcement..

Nothing peaceful about this protest.

Definition of terrorism -

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/Submit
noun
the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

By that definition we could also call the Occupy movement terrorists. Same for Black Lives Matter.
Oh, and most world governments.

Terrorism isn't that simple of a definition. It also requires context.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

I'm just curious, these armed Oregon "protestors" are basically committing an act of terrorism and threatning the police with the use of violence while trespassing - can you imagine if these folks were black, mexican, indian or muslim? This would be labeled all kinds of things, but for some reason the media and everyone else looks at this as some kind of peaceful protest, even though the protesters are not only breaking the law, they are threatening the lives of law enforcement..

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/Submit
noun

By that definition we could also call the Occupy movement terrorists. Same for Black Lives Matter.

Bingo!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/Submit
noun

Because they are white.. Its only terrorism in the states if your anything but white. Every time its a white person commiting an act of terrorism its generally called an isolated incident.

In the states white people are able to get away with everything from taking over government buildings, to walking into a black church and killing innocent people. But innocent people fleeing terrorism in the middle east are all called terrorists and denied entery. Black protesters are called thugs and terrorists even when white guys sgow up with guns and shoot them.

You cant do anything wrong if your white in the states. Im thankful Im canadian.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/Submit
noun

Because they are white.. Its only terrorism in the states if your anything but white. Every time its a white person commiting an act of terrorism its generally called an isolated incident.

In the states white people are able to get away with everything from taking over government buildings, to walking into a black church and killing innocent people. But innocent people fleeing terrorism in the middle east are all called terrorists and denied entery. Black protesters are called thugs and terrorists even when white guys sgow up with guns and shoot them.

You cant do anything wrong if your white in the states. Im thankful Im canadian.

That is a rather extreme accusation, however one I really cannot argue with if I examine the evidence, as evidence and history support this extreme accusation 100%.

Well said.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I don't think they're terrorists. They're definitely criminals, though... If they were brown, black, Muslim or 99%ers, they'd be bombed, gassed, dead, or otherwise forced out. Those left alive would go to prison, which is where these people deserve to go.

(post by freemanwalking removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/Submit
noun

When did Occupy movement use violence or intimidation in pursuit of political aims? Peaceful protest, sure, Ive' yet to see violence or intimidation though. But hey, nice try. If you want to compare BLM & Occupy to storming a federal building with guns, threatening to shoot the police and any other law enforcement, then go ahead.

I still disagree.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join