It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign says proposed UK ban over Muslim remarks 'a dangerous precedent'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Lol, I understand but it still would be funny from a slightly competitive (in good light) view if you all did ban a potential president or a president, one more for America

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Since even 30% of liberals support him according to the polls, and I believe he is going to be the next president, UK would be cutting its own throat, as I'm sure he'd remember.

Also, the very concept of not standing up for your own people but standing up for the hurt feelings of extremists..............Borders need to be closed and high risk people should not be entering.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Btw I love you guys and I just see this stuff as humorous lovers quarrels, so don't mistake me as being anti U.K even in the slightest.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Abu Hamza is not here flammadraco. He was extradited to the States to stand trial there. Being Jordanian, if memory serves, he could have been deported there, if his home nation had not been such a sewer of corruption at the judicial level. Ibrahim Anderson however, is a Luton man, and that means there would be no way to deport him what so ever. However, we can remain vigilant against his nonsense. And as it happens, he found himself up on terror related charges, so it is not as if he can get away with things unhindered.

Now, as for Anjem Choudray, I have no idea where he originated, but if he is a British Citizen, then there is nothing we can do, save for locking him up when he violates the law. But those who come here from abroad should not expect to be permitted entry, if we have reason to believe that they are coming here to spread hatred. It would be precisely as stupid as allowing whichever misbegotten son of a dog is leading ISIS, to come here to lecture at a university, and since that will not be happening any time soon, I think it is entirely right and proper that Trump be barred as well.

He might not be a terrorist, but he preaches hate just as surely as any of the examples you listed, and as I said, the ones who came from abroad are looking at deportation or extradition, and the ones from round here are all under extreme and all pervading surveillance.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Everything you say in your post is spot on, however my response post to you a few pages back was in connection to your statement you made;

We do not permit hate preaching in our nation, from any sphere.

This is not a true statement!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well we don't permit it. Most everyone that could reasonably be considered a preacher of hate within the UK, is either under investigation, in jail, or under such surveillance that they would have more privacy if they were in jail.

I would consider that to be a tacit removal of permission, wouldn't you?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I am going to go thread the OP to make my points as there are quite a few that I think have to be made.

I agree with Mr. Trump and do not see why the UK should become involved with American politics.

Seriously?

You honestly don't think the UK should have any involvement in American politics when the UK is a major US ally who over the last 20 years has supported a number of highly controversial political moves by America such as the invasion of Iraq. Hell right now there is a investigation into the use of Scottish airports being used illegally by the CIA for rendition torture flights. But I guess according to you OP because this was a American political issue we should stay out of it?

Really its very naive to believe that American politics only affects Americas and that other nations should not have a say in some matters.

[They Royal Family].... Today it is nothing more than a tax burden on its citizens.

Depends on your point of view and what sources you are reading but they bring in huge amounts of tourists every year and do lots of work with business to bring investment to the UK. They are probably not more of a burden than Trump is on the US who has done everything he can to keep every last dime from the taxman.

Most monarchies including UK'S monarchy have violated as many humanitarian laws and genocide upon its own people and those from other lands and were never held responsible

True but we are talking about the modern Royal Family of 2016 not the 1700's so your point is kind of mute from this perspective.

Today the Queen of England and its royals have land that does not belong to them.... previous royals have stolen the land by murdering innocent civilians meanwhile the Queen of England lives in a 775 room building called the Buckingham palace, not counting the numerous palaces and homes around the world.

When you are defending Trump I just love this whole line because of the irony behind it.

You moan about Buckingham palace but have you seen "Trump Tower"?

You talk about steeling the land but Trump himself is a land developer who up until very recently was actually trying to quite literally steel land of people in Scotland for his golf course.

To me this much worse than anything TRUMP said BUT I don't interfere with UK politics or bring up UK's ugly past which is just as bad as any other dictator and lets not forget how long the many king's and queens have ruled over England in its past.

Trump has also tried to steal land so its really not that much worse and what you are talking about took place hundreds of years ago, Trump was still playing this game last year. I think this line also epitomises what annoys people form the UK when it comes to American views on the Royal Family, I dont particularly like them myself but at least i know what i am talking about when i say i dont really like them.

You seem to think old liz is a dictator.

What do you think?

I think if we want to ban Trump then we should, 1% of the population took the time to sign that petition, that's quite a bit really.

Personally I would love nothing more than to ban him from entering the UK so he cannot get to his precious golf resort then we turn his golf resort into a holiday retreat for wee mental davy and all his wee nedy mates on Scottish estates.

Trump is a scum bag in my view not welcome in the UK and I am sure the people of Aberdeenshire will agree.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Since even 30% of liberals support him according to the polls, and I believe he is going to be the next president, UK would be cutting its own throat, as I'm sure he'd remember.

Also, the very concept of not standing up for your own people but standing up for the hurt feelings of extremists..............Borders need to be closed and high risk people should not be entering.

Why would the UK be cutting it's own throat?

I think that the US may overestimate it's value to the UK somewhat.

Given that we have a referendum upcoming about our EU status why would you think that we wish to remain in the pocket of the USA?

What do we gain from this "special relationship" in your opinion?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Most of what you say I agree with..

All I have to say is good then ban him, it will be funny.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Hey man I don't think I commented on borders or anything like that?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I think if we want to ban Trump then we should, 1% of the population took the time to sign that petition, that's quite a bit really.

And if you agree with that statement that as 1% of the population signed a petition so we should go along with it.... what about the other petition that was signed by the same amount of people saying exactly what Trump was???

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

And if you agree with that statement that as 1% of the population signed a petition so we should go along with it.... what about the other petition that was signed by the same amount of people saying exactly what Trump was???

To be clear the law is that once the petition reaches 10'000 the government will respond, if it reaches 100'000 it will be given consideration for debate in parliament. Reaching any number of signatures does not mean that the government will cave in to the demands of the petitioners.

So stopping all Immigration would have and has been discussed when the government was creating the new immigration bill actually this petition was debated back in October.
edit on 6-1-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

To hear you say it like that...well, our country's wether the political establishment is at odds with each-other, have a kinship, I know I care about you guys, so acting as if there is a foxhole or a trench we don't share is humorous: I have had those thoughts about my X wife though, what do we gain from this freaking " special relationship" woman!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

To be clear the law is that once the petition reaches 10'000 the government will respond, if it reaches 100'000 it will be given consideration for debate in parliament. Reaching any number of signatures does not mean that the government will cave in to the demands of the petitioners.

I am more than aware of how our UK government Petition service and thus do not need a lesson! However you said;

So in your own words, because 1% of the UK population signed a daft petition about another country's political issues, we should listen and act.

You never answered my question, you just tried teaching me how the UK petition worked - so I'll ask again for ease of reference; what about the other petition that was signed by the same amount of people saying exactly what Trump was???

edit on 6.1.2016 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Now that I have taken care of the OPs statements I will give my views on what is actually at the heart of this thread, a very simple question.

Does the UK have the right do ban Trump from entry to the UK and is this justified.

Well yes the UK Home Secretary does have the power the ban individuals from entering the UK if it is in the public interest this includes banning those who may seek to incite hatred.

The next part of this question is if Trump meets this criteria, again he does. Member from the US seem to have a hard time understanding this but in the UK our laws governing race crimes and religious crimes are one of the same. A crime against a person based on their race is just as serious as a crime that is committed against a person for their faith, the two are delt with by the same laws. This also covers hate speech or incited racial and religious hatred what trump has said publicly about banning all Muslims is just as bad from a legal point of view in the UK if he had said ban all blacks from entering.

The home office actually publishes a list of those who are banned and most of them are white American males who are banned because they would be deemed to incite racial and religious hate which the government believes could cause "inter-community violence". So not only does the UK have the power do this they have done it before mostly against Americans.

Now do i think Trump will be banned, hell no, it will be briefly discussed, they will make some statement along the lines of "While the uk government does not endorse the comments made my Mr. Trump he is a valued business partner to the UK who remains welcome in UK".

Do I want him banned?

HELL YES!!!!

After watching what this man done to the community of Balmedie and the wider Aberdeenshire community I want him banned. Then i want his golf resort turned into a holiday camp for neds (that's delinquents for you Americans) so we can send him a new picture every day of what wee mental stevie has been doing to his putting green.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

ME saying this:

Does not mean that I am saying the government should cave every time a petition reaches more than 500'000 signatures. The whole point of the petition system is that each one can be looked at on a case by case basis and in this instance I think Trump should be banned but not just because of this but because of what he done to the people of Balmedie. That second part is a huge part of the reason behind me thinking he should be banned.

EDIT:

Just to be clear so you dont accuse me of not answering your question: you asked me

what about the other petition that was signed by the same amount of people saying exactly what Trump was???

Each petition is looked at on a case by case basis in this instance I think that it would be in the interests of the UK to ban him furthermore as its a case by case basis i do not recognise other petitions not relating to this matter having any baring on what should or should not be done.
edit on 6-1-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

He should be free to travel wherever he chooses, as people should be free to pelt him with rotten tomatoes.

I'd love to see the reception the gump would get overseas-they would be popcorn moments for sure.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So Trump is against democracy and immigration controls now? Maybe he should have read the law/petition before making a complete tit of himself, but well, that's Trump for you.

I voted in the petition because he's a massive twat who's damaged the country irreparably, we have enough of them already without him coming over for some ad publicity stunt.

We have democracy in the UK, if 500,000+ people vote against something, our politicians have to look at the issue - I highly doubt he'd be denied entry though.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

I agree with Mr. Trump and do not see why the UK should become involved with American politics.

How is a debate in OUR parliament about not letting someone into OUR country interfering with YOUR political system? Unless you are suggesting that the USA decides who can and cannot visit the UK?

To me this much worse than anything TRUMP said BUT I don't interfere with UK politics

So how about this......UK citizens concern yourself with your own politics and issues (and you have just as many troubling issues as any other country) and we will keep our nose out of yours.

Do you realise how much irony is in that statement?

You are having a go at our political system over us wanting our elected government to discuss an issue which affects the UK.....and has nothing to do with US politics.

Personally I don't think Trump should be banned, he has every right to express his views, no matter how warped and bigoted they seem to normal people.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Ok, well I'm saying 1% of the UK population signed a petition in agreement with Trump's views and it should be given the same amount off credence as the petition we are discussing in this thread. I'm more shocked that the number of UK members in this thread that didn't even know about the other petition but suppose we can blame our lefty media for that!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join