It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Will be NO MORE

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

I am beginning to understand you better through our exchange of posts.

I do like Paul's approach in trying to reach others
Finding common ground through understanding all who cared to listen

As for the subject of death ... there is much to be found within Ancient Egyptian Philosophy that is not a world away from Christianity :-

To gain the "After Life" was deemed most important and serious and was decided by the way a soul lived it's life on Earth
One Creator who created the Universe and all it contains
Messengers of the One Creator who incarnate on Earth for the purpose of enlightening the people
Revealing Laws and poetic wisdom which determine the progress of the soul ... and how it is judged

"Virgin Birth" Isis bears a son by learning the secrets of the One Creator ... the mystery and source of life itself

Etc Etc

My only gripe with any Religion is when it is corrupted for unscrupulous reasons

But to be sure ... There is wisdom and truth in all walks of life for those with ears that hear and eyes that see

The battle is not won till all win and the black sheep that strays is found

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

James 1:27
Religion that is considered pure & undefiled in the eyes of the Father is this, to look after widows & orphans in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world
edit on 9-1-2016 by sickpuppy because: using a mobile device, accidentally posted an empty reply

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: sickpuppy

James 1:27
Religion that is considered pure & undefiled in the eyes of the Father is this, to look after widows & orphans in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world

This can apply to any religion and who can find fault with such
However it is the interpretation of " keep oneself unstained from the world" that is key
Most all are stained and bear the scars of their ignorance
But my God is no pious task master and never punishes those who are ignorant

My concept of "Karma" is not a form of punishment ... It is a lesson yet to be learnt for our own good
My God is goodness ... and teaches but never punishes ...
Some believe they are punished by their God when they "stray" but mostly that is complaining because things do not go their way ... to their liking

Stop a child enjoying playing with matches and it will complain ... Show a child why playing with matches is a danger to them and others and it will learn

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
God's Word tells us that death will be the last enemy to be defeated. Now with death defeated, no one can thereafter be dead, and following on from that, no one can be dead in Hell either. Both, death and Hell, are excluded, and therefore immortality for all is a certainty.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Death is a disease.

Obviously a Living God could grant life indefinitely. Unfortunately our (aberrant) free will has gotten in the way of us receiving this gift. Does any good father reward a son that has been misbehaving?
edit on 9-1-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Death is a disease.

Obviously a Living God could grant life indefinitely. Unfortunately our (aberrant) free will has gotten in the way of us receiving this gift. Does any good father reward a son that has been misbehaving?

No, a good father corrects his son gently, and if that does not work, with the rod of correction. In any case, the will of the creation (free will or not) will not be allowed to override the Will of the Creator.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Death is a disease.

One can die with disease but death itself is not a disease
Death is a natural part of the cycle of life

Nature falls to slumber in the dead of Winter months
Is reborn and blossoms in Spring
Flourishing through Summer
Bearing fruit in Autumn (Fall)

During Winter the tree stores it's energy in its roots within the earth
Branches are bare and no growth is apparent

Where are Humanity's roots

The Universe gave birth to the Sun
The Sun gave birth to the Earth
The Earth gave birth to Humanity

What gave birth to the Universe is what feeds the Human soul

If you think you are just the body then to all intents and purposes you will die
If you believe you are a soul you are Eternal and connected to that which gives life to all things

edit on 10-1-2016 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes
(Ezekiel 18:4) . . .The soul who sins is the one who will die.

So without interpreting that passage, we are told, from the Bible that the soul does indeed die. Without a shadow of a doubt.

Prove it.

How can you say that 100% this is true? WIth everything we know about reality, science, quantum physics and mechanics, we still have NO idea what happens when we die.

How can you possibly take verses from a book written 2000 years ago by ignorant people as evidence of what happens when we die?

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Death is a disease.

One can die with disease but death itself is not a disease
Death is a natural part of the cycle of life

Nature falls to slumber in the dead of Winter months
Is reborn and blossoms in Spring
Flourishing through Summer
Bearing fruit in Autumn (Fall)

During Winter the tree stores it's energy in its roots within the earth
Branches are bare and no growth is apparent

Where are Humanity's roots

The Universe gave birth to the Sun
The Sun gave birth to the Earth
The Earth gave birth to Humanity

What gave birth to the Universe is what feeds the Human soul

If you think you are just the body then to all intents and purposes you will die
If you believe you are a soul you are Eternal and connected to that which gives life to all things

All good points, but perhaps this cyclical process of death and rebirth (Samsara) is not our primordial state. Hindu philosophy teaches that an escape from this cyclical Samsara coincides with Nirvana. I think the eternal fire in Christianity is the same as Samsara, an eternal cyclical process that we are destined, eventually, to escape.

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

No, a good father corrects his son gently, and if that does not work, with the rod of correction. In any case, the will of the creation (free will or not) will not be allowed to override the Will of the Creator.

Would you reward a son who repeatedly disobeys your simple commands?
edit on 10-1-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

All good points, but perhaps this cyclical process of death and rebirth (Samsara) is not our primordial state. Hindu philosophy teaches that an escape from this cyclical Samsara coincides with Nirvana. I think the eternal fire in Christianity is the same as Samsara, an eternal cyclical process that we are destined, eventually, to escape.

Escaping rebirth on Earth ... Yes ...
I believe when we learn to do what we need to know/do
We go into the true realms of soul ... Eternity if you like
The soul that still needs to learn re incarnates to try again

Though the "evolved soul" can also Choose to incarnate to Earth
edit on 10-1-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Would you reward a son who repeatedly disobeys your simple commands?

I think I answered that question. Why are you asking again? But let me repeat: God corrects, instructs, disciplines, and punishes to bring up His children. When the child of God is corrected, instructed, and disciplined, then the punishment (cursing) phase ends and the reward (blessing) phase begins.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

God's Word tells us that death will be the last enemy to be defeated. Now with death defeated, no one can thereafter be dead, and following on from that, no one can be dead in Hell either. Both, death and Hell, are excluded, and therefore immortality for all is a certainty.

Sounds like a completely pointless god then no?

I mean if everybody gets eternal life anyhow regardless of anything they do, whats the point of it?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Sounds like a completely pointless god then no?

I mean if everybody gets eternal life anyhow regardless of anything they do, whats the point of it?

[sigh] We are God's creation, and He created us to learn and grow. Immortality for all is a certainty, but before eternity sets in, there must be creation, being fruitful, learning, being instructed, corrected, disciplined, and punished as necessary to achieve the desired result: seeing God face to face, being like Him. Can you dig it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join