It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Will be NO MORE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Don't you know that it was Jesus as YHVH who told Adam and Eve that they would surely die?

I know no such thing. As a matter of fact, the Garden of Eden and the Creation story are mere allegory, and not meant to be taken literally or as historical events, in my opinion and as far as I know.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Ah, but you lie. You see, they did die. And Satan said:

(Genesis 3:4) . . .: “You certainly will not die.

Jesus did not teach you they did not die. They, in fact, did not even know who Jesus was. Sure, they knew of the prophecy in Genesis 3:15 that foretold the coming of Jesus, and the future destruction of Satan.

Also, there is a big difference between everlasting life, and being immortal.
edit on 6-1-2016 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Christians don't believe that people die. They believe they, even the evil people, are sleeping, awaiting resurrection and Judgement Day.

Daniel 12:2
Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 11:11
After he had said this, he went on to tell them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.”

12 His disciples replied, “Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better.” 13 Jesus had been speaking of his death, but his disciples thought he meant natural sleep.

14 So then he told them plainly, “Lazarus is dead, 15 and for your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him.”

Satan was, therefore, correct. "Surely, you shall not die.:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Ah, you twist scripture even more.

Jesus himself, after seeing his apostles did not understand that he was referring to Lazursus' death, when he said that Lazarus had gone to sleep, very plainly said that Lazarus had died, you forgot, or perhaps, intentionally did not quote that part:

(John 11:12-14) . . .The disciples then said to him: “Lord, if he is sleeping, he will get well.” 13 Jesus, however, had spoken about his death. But they imagined he was speaking about taking rest in sleep. 14 Then Jesus said to them plainly: “Lazʹa·rus has died,

The Bible teaches the the soul that sins, it will die. And Jesus never contradicted the word of truth. - Ezekiel 18:4.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Jesus himself, after seeing his apostles did not understand that he was referring to Lazursus' death, when he said that Lazarus had gone to sleep, very plainly said that Lazarus had died, you forgot, or perhaps, intentionally did not quote that part:

Excuse me?

originally posted by: windword

Christians don't believe that people die. They believe they, even the evil people, are sleeping, awaiting resurrection and Judgement Day.

Daniel 12:2
Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

John 11:11
After he had said this, he went on to tell them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.”

12 His disciples replied, “Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better.” 13 Jesus had been speaking of his death, but his disciples thought he meant natural sleep.

14 So then he told them plainly, “Lazarus is dead, 15 and for your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him.”

Satan was, therefore, correct. "Surely, you shall not die.:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then, Jesus went and "woke up" Lazarus, who the disciples didn't understand was not dead, but asleep.

Death and dying don't really mean "death" in the Bible.

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

One lived, after death, in the bosom of Abraham, the other lived, after death, in hell.

edit on 6-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes
Why have you not been told that death will soon be destroyed, done away with. ????

'Death', and 'life', only exists in the imagination/thought, ego.
When that is transcended in unconditional Love/Enlightenment, only then is 'death' transcended!
Only unconditional Love transcends death, all else is recycle!
But that is still a couple centuries away.
Right now, though, we can hear the insane dribblings of 'thought's' insane last days!
But as thought/imagination exist, so does 'life' and 'death'!

edit on 7-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Still waiting for an answer to my question

"Now as for sin ... What is sin ... in your own words please"

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

You use a parable to try and prove Satan's lies. And yet twist scripture again. A parable is a short story to teach a lesson. Something that never happened at that.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Still waiting for an answer to my question

"Now as for sin ... What is sin ... in your own words please"

Sin is to "miss the mark". It is the opposite of perfection.

It is anything that is out of harmony with God's standards, it can be in word, in deed, in failing to do what is right.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Something that never happened at that.

Kinda like the allegorical story of the Garden of Eden, that never happened?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Something that never happened at that.

Kinda like the allegorical story of the Garden of Eden, that never happened?

(1 Timothy 2:13, 14) . . .For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 Also, Adam was not deceived, but the woman was thoroughly deceived and became a transgressor.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Oh, well! If the Bible confirms itself, that the Bible is true, it must be true!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Sin is to "miss the mark". It is the opposite of perfection.

It is anything that is out of harmony with God's standards, it can be in word, in deed, in failing to do what is right.

Thank you for replying

All make "Mistakes" as such non are perfect ...
It is the recognition of having made a mistake and making a change within that redeems us I.E. Doing the right thing in future

Harmony with our fellow beings and the Earth makes sense if the Human Species is to survive
Non need believe in a God to do what is right ... however that is personal choice

"You are a sinner and as such you will die" ... has been used as way of striking fear into and controlling masses to obey their laws.
I say beware of such one's ... they lie

edit on 7-1-2016 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Oh, well! If the Bible confirms itself, that the Bible is true, it must be true!

You are a very intelligent person windword. I enjoy conversing with you. You understand things. I know you do. And I know you think logically. It is very nice to see such reasoning. It took a while, but you finally showed it to me. Also, I saw it when you talked about Job. Those are things I can see about your mind. There are, no doubt, many others that I cannot see, but they are there as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Thank you as well. And no, the OP was not meant to "strike fear" into anyone.

I want to teach you something, as I perceive you are someone that is willing to learn....love throws fear aside:

(1 John 4:18, 19) . . .There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts fear out, because fear restrains us. Indeed, the one who is fearful has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love, because he first loved us.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I like John and also the wisdom contained in some scriptures be it Christian, Muslim or Judaic or what ever contains wisdom

If you perceive me as some one who is willing to learn that is good because I am such a person
... there is a wealth of wisdom out in the world but more importantly there is wisdom inside

I am non religious as it is divisive and am beyond such redemption

To be perfectly honest ... I prefer it when you speak your own thoughts rather than repeat and quote passages from your Bible
Repeating the wisdom of others does not mean you understand it
In order to show your understanding ... You need to provide your own personal examples in your own words
.... my advice to you ... to take or leave

edit on 7-1-2016 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 7-1-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Thank you. And that is understandable.

You know it reminds me of when Paul approached people in Athens. They loved thinking. But they did not like to hear things from Scripture.

He merely quoted them a lot of scripture without telling them. And then, using logic, he found an alter from them inscribed to "an unknown god". And he used their reverence, to teach them the truth. You can read all about this in Acts 17.

He later on in his life said that he became all things to people of all sorts, that he might save some:

(Acts 17:23-28) . . .I found even an altar on which had been inscribed ‘To an Unknown God.’ Therefore, what you are unknowingly worshipping, this I am declaring to you. 24 The God who made the world and all the things in it, being, as he is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples; 25 nor is he served by human hands as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all people life and breath and all things. 26 And he made out of one man every nation of men to dwell on the entire surface of the earth, and he decreed the appointed times and the set limits of where men would dwell, 27 so that they would seek God, if they might grope for him and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us. 28 For by him we have life and move and exist, even as some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also his children.’

(1 Corinthians 9:21-23) . . .To those without law I became as without law, although I am not without law toward God but under law toward Christ, in order to gain those without law. 22 To the weak I became weak, in order to gain the weak. I have become all things to people of all sorts, so that I might by all possible means save some. 23 But I do all things for the sake of the good news, in order to share it with others.

edit on 7-1-2016 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Study john chapter 6 along with 2nd kings chapter 4..
Focus on the bread & the numbers used here..
Look at Jude 1:14...
Look at proverbs 30:31 (verses 29 to 31 for context)

..the bible is great, there is nothing it stops me from doing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join