It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Will be NO MORE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: JackReyes

(Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.

You state the beliefs of someone from another time
which to be honest I can not agree with
as I do not understand it's intent or implication.

Are you saying the soul will die?

That indeed is what Jehovah revels in his Holy Scriptures of truth:

(Ezekiel 18:4) . . .The soul who sins is the one who will die.

No interpretation of scripture. No twisting, no adding, no taking away. It is exactly what it says it is. If you sin, your soul, your life-force, you, who you are, you will die.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Surely death and its problems remain down completely to God because he didn't put us in bodies that would endure. In fact our bodies are quite badly designed and our dna weak.

The spirit world which you say all religions cover is actually a pagan shamanic concept grabbed hastily by newer religions as a means of manipulation e.g. do as I say and you go to a nice spirit world called heaven or whatever with whatever and you aren't supposed to come back - strangely many choose to reincarnate which should tell us a lot about what the various spirit worlds and heaven actually offer.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
start to meditate and train your mind and achieve various samadhis. This is a term used by Yogis in India. There are many different terms for this state of consciousness and it is a matter of what teachings you are reading. When you are in samadhi than real occult knowledge will be available for such individual.

It may take years of rigorous practice for some, but the spiritual bliss and knowledge you get from it is out of this world - it is divine! Than you feel or see with your own experience what is a "soul" and "god" and their relation.

For any spiritual seeker meditation is the key.

The bible can only get you so far...it is a good book for many things, but it lack the practical teachings and techniques used in other religions or systems by which an individual can experience the reality of non duality or the reality and inner workings and mechanisms of the divine.

Some will say this is B# what is written here. It is ok it is no good for them anyway. But if someone gets the feeling there is truth in this post and is curious for more, than put bible to rest and start reading Buddhist, Indian Yogis, Tibetan lamas materials and learn to meditate properly. You can get answers and real understanding about the Self which is our origin and our destination through many various lives until Self realization or real and final samadhi - our natural state.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

That indeed is what Jehovah revels in his Holy Scriptures of truth:

(Ezekiel 18:4) . . .The soul who sins is the one who will die.

Jehovah is the name you give to your God
"his Holy Scriptures of truth" were written by men

Many men and women have written / spoken of God
Each writes / speaks of their own belief/s
Some gain many followers others are ignored

Yet in truth each Human Being has their own link to their God
Humans do not require an intermediary and are free to believe what they choose

Now as for sin ... What is sin ... in your own words please

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I have to ask, why do you believe The Bible to be the one and only truth?

After all, books are just that, books. They can be twisted, turned, changed, distorted and so on. People love power, so the ones with power could quite possibly change words within a book to remain in control.

Despite NDE's being questionable, there is still so much we don't understand about ourselves or what's around us. Just look at a few videos of people supposedly using 'Chi' and stopping a sword or spear from penetrating them. Some fake, sure but there's also some very interesting ones that will make you think.

I'm not saying Chi exists, it could be human muscle doing it all but food for thought I guess.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

It's reading through threads like this, that just makes me smile inwardly and Thank the LORD, that I am a Catholic Christian. The fullness of Truth. The pillar of Truth.

"Dying, you destroyed our death, rising, you restored our life"

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Living forever seems extremely boring to me. I think I'd rather not exist at all than to live for eternity from the same point of view. It would be like watching the same infomercial over and over and over and over again. That sounds more like hell than heaven.
edit on 1/6/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Nicely said, except that you don't "have a soul" - you ARE a soul. Re-read how God made Adam.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

. God told Adam and Eve that if they eat the forbidden fruit that we shall surely die. Satan said that they would NOT die.

Well, he was right wasn't he? None of us really die, according to theology. We either go to Heaven or Hell to live out our eternity. Jesus made the same promise as the The Serpent. Was he lying too?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If everything in the universe has a lifespan (including the universe) how can death cease to happen?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Maybe the serpent and Jesus are the same entity.

Isaiah 14
12 How you have fallen from heaven, morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations!

This verse is speaking of Lucifer, a.k.a. the serpent in the garden.

Revelation 22
16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

This is speaking of Jesus.

The Bible calls both Lucifer and Jesus the "morning star". Jesus even alludes to this in his own words.

John 3
14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up

Seems to me Christians have been taught to both hate and love the "morning star" at the same time.
edit on 1/6/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

. God told Adam and Eve that if they eat the forbidden fruit that we shall surely die. Satan said that they would NOT die.

Well, he was right wasn't he? None of us really die, according to theology. We either go to Heaven or Hell to live out our eternity. Jesus made the same promise as the The Serpent. Was he lying too?

No. I don't know how else to answer your question other than repost what I already posted. Seems like you didn't see it.

"Satan's lie lives on thru the messages of false religions ie, we have a soul that lives forever. I don't believe that we have souls. We ARE souls and when we die, there is nothing. No thought...no burning in a lake of fire for all eternity, heaven, paradise...etc. Unless God resurrects us."

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

No. I don't know how else to answer your question other than repost what I already posted. Seems like you didn't see it.

"Satan's lie lives on thru the messages of false religions ie, we have a soul that lives forever.

But, Satan didn't lie, according to theology. Jesus told us the same thing, that we will not die, in the New Testament.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Eternal life/life after death is merely the poorly thought-out fiction of mortals thatve gotten greedy.

Accept your mortality, enjoy this brief glimpse of existence now, in the moment, revel in the fact that you even existed to begin with.

This nonsense about heaven and gods etc just cheapens everything....
edit on 6-1-2016 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Why does every living thing in nature die then? As for me, immortality would be the worst thing I can think of. Boredom central. I am already pretty bored with life. I am not into attaining status or material wealth wich is why most people want immortality. They want more time to pursue things that just don't matter to me.

I would say that when death is defeated so is time. Time is what would make eternity boring. Without a need for time, there is no worry about it, no boredom.

God is always spoken of as being without or beyond time in the sense that time is never the same for Him as for us.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

"Satan's lie lives on thru the messages of false religions ie, we have a soul that lives forever.

But, Satan didn't lie, according to theology. Jesus told us the same thing, that we will not die, in the New Testament.

Jesus quite plainly told us that Satan is a liar and the father of the lie, and his whole disposition is that of a liar and a man-slayer (murderer of humans):

(John 8:44) You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.

Notice, also, whom Jesus said were from their father the Devil...the religious leaders who hated him. Because he spread truth.

Satan did lie to Eve and told her that if they disobeyed God they would not die, but they would become like God himself.

Well, guess what. Adam and Eve are dead. God did not lie, and Satan was proven a liar and slanderer. That is what Satan means: Resister, and Devil: Liar/Slanderer.

And his lie has indeed lived on in all the religions of the world, all teach that the soul is immortal and survives death. Only the Bible tells us that the soul dies at death.

Jesus did not confirm that we have immortal souls. Rather he thought the truth of a future resurrection of the dead who are resting in sleep. And he promises to do away with death, once and for all times.

Of course not everyone alive today are disposed for everlasting life. The free gift is offered everyone. Not everyone will accept it.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The Tao Te Ching reveals The Truth in the very first verse...

"The Tao that can be told or typed on ATS® is NOT the Eternal Tao..."

By the 'time' You meld back 'from whence You came' You won't give 2 squirts about what comes next if something does indeed follow this Life.. How about all the other Lives You've already lived?

In Your post I read a Chris†ian™ angle, You do realize that Moses, Jesus The Chris† et al. were just doing their own thing and it was Religion™ (man) that corrupted that message but I also read some about Buddhism. Firstly, wouldn't You classify Buddhism more of a philosophy rather a religion? Either way, in Buddhism they teach what it is that a Self should think of at the 'time of passing' and this is to get You a ticket OFF the wheel of re-incarnation..

What will You think of at that time?

namaste

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Yes he did. If it is an argument you seek, you won't find it here. If you really have something legitimate, post where I can find it and look into it myself. I did in my first post but you seemed to overlook it. You keep bring up theology. Have you studied it for yourself?

Anyway, when people want to argue about religion when they really have no interest in it Matthew 7:6 comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Jesus quite plainly told us that Satan is a liar and the father of the lie, and his whole disposition is that of a liar and a man-slayer (murderer of humans):

That may be, but Satan didn't lie when he said that they wouldn't die. Jesus backs that up. Also, Satan never murdered anyone without God's consent, and his death toll only amounts to Job's family. God's numbers are much greater.

Satan did lie to Eve and told her that if they disobeyed God they would not die, but they would become like God himself.

Again, Satan didn't lie. They did become like God. ""The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. "

Jesus did not confirm that we have immortal souls.

Wrong.

Matthew 18:8
"If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than to have two hands or two feet and be cast into the eternal fire."

John6:47
"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life."

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

According to theology? Theology absorbs twenty-seven times its weight in excess reality. Don't you know that it was Jesus as YHVH who told Adam and Eve that they would surely die? Happily, He also gives us the promise of the resurrection.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join