It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Will be NO MORE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There are hundreds of religions. All of them have one theme in common, the immortality of the soul, whether it be reincarnation, or hell-fire.

But this is not to investigate such dogma. Rather, it is to show what death is, and when it will be...NO MORE.

Death is the opposite of life, it is when you cease to exist. Like the wick in a candle being extinguished:

(Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.
(Ecclesiastes 9:10) Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.

From the beginning man was created in perfection, lacking nothing. And he was told that all he had to do was obey God and he would gain everlasting life.

Life everlasting, the ability to think into eternity was built into the very fabric of the human being:

(Ecclesiastes 3:11) . . .He has even put eternity in their heart. . .

That is why, today, you as a thinking human being are able to think into the future, and even contemplate eternity. And even yearn for it, and not want to die, even though you know you will.

For dying is not natural for humans. Not natural for our nature. It is inevitable, without a doubt, and everyone will die, but that does not mean, you cannot yearn for, or even achieve for eternity.

That is also natural, for it was coded into you.

Now, there are many things that are enemies to mankind. Death is the ultimate one. And it will be brought to nothing:

(1 Corinthians 15:25, 26) . . .For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet. 26 And the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.

(Revelation 21:3, 4) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

Why have you not been told that death will soon be destroyed, done away with. ???? And it itself with be thrown into the lake of annihilation, and thus, as the last enemy, it will be no more?

(Revelation 20:14) . . .And death and the Grave were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire.

edit on 6-1-2016 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Why does every living thing in nature die then? As for me, immortality would be the worst thing I can think of. Boredom central. I am already pretty bored with life. I am not into attaining status or material wealth wich is why most people want immortality. They want more time to pursue things that just don't matter to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

There are different natures. One of a divine nature, another of the heavenly nature, still another of the human nature, and another of the animal, and another of the plant. Etc.

Animals were not created to live forever, neither were plants.

And to think that eternity would be boredom is not sound.

For even if we lived forever we would never understand everything:

(Ecclesiastes 3:11) . . .He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish.

From your point of view, your statement makes sense, from the point of view of reality, it really seems nonsensical.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Your reality you mean. Yes, I have my reality, you have yours as does everyone else. You however, are trying to state your personal interpretation of the bible as absolute reality. A reality that even biblical scholars debate heavily.
edit on 1/6/2016 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm

Your reality you mean. Yes, I have my reality, you have yours as does everyone else. You however, are trying to state your personal interpretation of the bible as absolute reality. A reality that even biblical scholars debate heavily. I could

Quite to the contrary. And I give you this challenge:

Where was any interpretation given? If not just a statement of what was told, and then repeating what was told us from scripture. I can assure you, there was no interpretation.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Your original post is based on interpretation of scripture. Of the verses you have posted, I have heard a dozen different interpretation by different pastors and theologians. Different versions of the bible can alter interpretation as well as the what language you read it in, including the original languages.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Satan's first (or one of the first) lie was that eating of the fruit shall make us live forever (paraphrasing). God told Adam and Eve that if they eat the forbidden fruit that we shall surely die. Satan said that they would NOT die. (Gen 3:3 -3:4, I believe).

Satan's lie lives on thru the messages of false religions ie, we have a soul that lives forever. I don't believe that we have souls. We ARE souls and when we die, there is nothing. No thought...no burning in a lake of fire for all eternity, heaven, paradise...etc. Unless God resurrects us.

Just my 2 cents.
edit on 1/6/2016 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Your original post is based on interpretation of scripture. Of the verses you have posted, I have heard a dozen different interpretation by different pastors and theologians. Different versions of the bible can alter interpretation as well as the what language you read it in, including the original languages.

Ok. But now you have to do some thinking. What did those scriptures say, and what was told you? If I interpreted them, then I said something different than what they said. Correct? Now if all I did was quote them, and then tell you what they said, where is the interpretation?

And if what they say is what they really mean, why are others telling you they mean something else?

It's quite simple. You haven't shown me where what I have quoted from scripture is different from what scripture states. And that is because I did not interpret them. I just stated them for you, as what they really say.

So let me give you an example. Many religions say: the soul cannot die. That is a false teaching. The Bible states:

(Ezekiel 18:4) . . .The soul who sins is the one who will die.

So without interpreting that passage, we are told, from the Bible that the soul does indeed die. Without a shadow of a doubt.

Now if you were to accuse me to interpret that scripture to mean that the soul dies, means the soul dies, you are a fool. Because I am merely showing you what it says.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Satan's first (or one of the first) lie was that eating of the fruit shall make us live forever (paraphrasing). God told Adam and Eve that if they eat the forbidden fruit that we shall surely die. Satan said that they would NOT die. (Gen 3:3 -3:4, I believe).

Satan's lie lives on thru the messages of false religions ie, we have a soul that lives forever. I don't believe that we have souls. We ARE souls and when we die, there is nothing. No thought...no burning in a lake of fire for all eternity, heaven, paradise...etc. Unless God resurrects us.

Just my 2 cents.

Your belief is sound and scriptural. And it is sure and true.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
religious views on the mysteries of the universe sound soo damn much like childrens stories but with actually less sense.

soo dang illogical and nonsensicle.

what are souls made of? how can a deity magically invent one and then have it live forever without it being effected by the basic laws of thermodynamics?
Also, imagine you living to say, 19 years old, going through a rebellious phase and dying early...failing in some way so being sent to eternal hell
after 20 years, you are wondering what sort of monster deity would pop you in existence, put temptations in front of you biology would no doubt fall for, and then sentence you to eternal suffering if you acted on your biological needs at a impressionable age
after 100 years you would be very cross with said being
after a thousand years
a billion years
30 trillion years of new and innovative tortures, and it has just gotten started

4 to the 30th power years later, etc..eventually the heat death of the universe happens and you are still being tortured and made to regret those few years...not like you remember them, or even that you were human, or that humans even existed,..all you know is that the evil deity that popped into existence for awhile to torture entities needs to be brought to judgment
and so on, etc.

sounds insane, sounds insulting.

same thing with pleasure though. spend a few years or hell, die as a kid and you get rewarded for a year, a thousand years you are still getting mental orgasms. a million years, a trillion trillion you are still getting cosmic high 5s
its a childs story.

If there is something after, the only way to stay freaking sane as any entity would be to be constantly reincarnating in order to basically forget the eternal lifespan you have..it would drive you absolutely batpoop insane after even a few hundred years of stagnation..no creative outlet, nothing..no, life is a reward to the eternal creature if anything to gain different perspectives. judgment..biblical resurrection...rates a but under the literary genius of brothers grimm tales.

grow up world. even if there is a god, it would have to be embarrassed for you that you still refer to those cavemen superstition books

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
quick sidenote on my above post:
I don't dismiss the idea of something after life. I actually have had some amazingly profound experiences of paranormal "ghost" type events that has opened my mind to understanding I don't know it all..and that there are absolutely some mysteries that I have yet to find reasonable explanations for.

and that is key...I did a lot of digging. I used science as much as I could have, checked into spirituality, different religions, and concluded it is simply a paranormal event..a unknown, and anyone who then steps forward and demand its unknown therefore they know what it is, and then proceeds to tell nursery rhymes...is a complete fool in my mind.

Even if they are 100% right, it was a pure guess..thing is, we don't know. life may end with a simple turning off at the end, or some essence may escape, we could be a ancient species in a VR, we could be a newly born soul from some cruel middle eastern god, who knows..but until there is hard evidence being given the proper testing, then its best to stay open...
and religion..organized religion..is ridiculous..it diminishes the concepts going on here and ensures no true discussion about these things can ever take place due to how absurd the religious monopoly of universal considerations are.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Hey "Legion". I call you that, for that is what your picture is from, in Mass Effect 2. I know, I've played the game several times. It is made up of so many geths. But did you know that the name "legion" really came from the Bible?:

(Mark 5:9, 10) . . .And he replied: “My name is Legion, because there are many of us.” 10 And he kept pleading with Jesus not to send the spirits out of the country.

If you read further you will understand that legion was a plethora of demons possessing a human, that Jesus had to exorcise, to free him from his demonic captivity.

Do you not see the irony?

The soul is simply who you are. You are a soul. You do not "have" one, you are alive. A soul is a human life. And the soul is in the blood:

(Genesis 2:7) . . .and the man came to be a living soul.

(Genesis 9:4) . . .Only flesh with its life—its blood—you must not eat.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
you should be wary of anyone that promises more than they can give you, especially if they ask you for money. thats the big flag.

the idea of an afterlife precedes the bible, for example reincarnation. you need a way to figure out how to determine which point of view is true

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
you should be wary of anyone that promises more than they can give you, especially if they ask you for money. thats the big flag.

the idea of an afterlife precedes the bible, for example reincarnation. you need a way to figure out how to determine which point of view is true

Good point. Anyone asking for money is a charlatan. Even Jesus said:

(Matthew 10:8, 9) . . .You received free, give free. 9 Do not acquire gold or silver or copper for your money belts,

All false religionists that charge money for "help," Jesus detests their acts, beyond a doubt.

Everything leading to the truth and liberation is free and without cost:

(Isaiah 55:1, 2) . . .Come, all you thirsty ones, come to the water! You with no money, come, buy and eat! Yes, come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.  2 Why do you keep paying out money for what is not bread, And why spend your earnings for what brings no satisfaction?. . .

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

right but the point is, you need a system to figure out what happens after death. there's really three ways to investigate death. talk to a dead person, study what a brain experiences when it dies, or die yourself. if you can't study what being dead is like, you can't have an opinion that is grounded on fact.

the thing about people that talk about death are just speculating because no one that really dies ever comes back. you can get close but the problem is that your brain hallucinates as you die. the other problem is that most people with near death experiences is that their stories are all different in one way or another, especially when you compare NDEs from people from different religions and cultures.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The body is a vessel
The brain a receiving set

The body dies
The receiving set falls silent

However you are alive now
Where your thoughts originate from is a mystery
When you die you will know or not know

edit on 6-1-2016 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.

(Ecclesiastes 9:10) Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.

There is no life after death. Just as the scriptures in the OP showed. You are indeed sleeping, that is the real hope of the true faith. That there will be a resurrection of the dead back to life. See above for the quoted scriptural texts (without interpretation).

Now, as far as looking for the "dead" to talk. God forbids it:

(Deuteronomy 18:10-12) . . .There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer, 11 anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead. 12 For whoever does these things is detestable to Jehovah, and on account of these detestable practices Jehovah your God is driving them away from before you.

That is because it is done by wicked demonic forces. The dead are dead. They are not alive:

(Ezekiel 18:4) Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die.

Perhaps you doubt. And that is on you. But know this:

(James 1:6-8) . . .But let him keep asking in faith, not doubting at all, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about. 7 In fact, that man should not expect to receive anything from Jehovah; 8 he is an indecisive man, unsteady in all his ways.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

You will know, no more:

(Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

You state the beliefs of someone from another time
which to be honest I can not agree with
as I do not understand it's intent or implication.

Are you saying the soul will die?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

well that's my problem, your way of investigating death is to refer to a certain holy book. there are many holy books so picking one that you happen to like doesn't really mean anything. you can choose to believe what you want that's fine, but to say its the truth will get you no respect or credibility unless you can prove it to be true compared to other holy books.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join