It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relating the belief in God to the belief in Santa.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Why let it bother you? remember it is up to us If we are offended or not.
I don't care about atheists or people who believe in God or not they are not me and my relationship with God is personal as it should be with all of us.
You trying to help others? by pushing your (actually someone elses If you follow religion) version of God onto others? no that is not helping anyone.
Just keep your faith to yourself and your own God no let others find their path without outside influence.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

They found Noah's Ark. Long time ago
That would be literally impossible if the Bible wasn't true. The ark wouldn't exist if it was a fairy tale. So actually, there's plenty of proof that God exists.

They found remnants of a boat, made by a man who may have been included in a story of fiction. PROOF... got it.

So, what proof has there ever been of Santa and his elves--none!

There are many examples of writings about jolly old Santa and his merry elves, they are found in many books of fiction. PROOF!

Christians don't have to be good to get to heaven, okay?

God Loves hypocrites. Got it!

I'm a jerk. I'm not a nice person all of the time and I do bad things more than I would like to admit--but guess what? I'm going to heaven.

No accountability. Got it! Praise Jesus for that one.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Relating the belief in God to the belief in Santa.

A 'belief' is a pathologically symptomatic infection of the imagination, ego!
The symptoms remain consistent no matter what the strain; God, or Santa, or Freedom or Democrazy or money or the power of rocks...

And it is a very rare strain of human that is not infected with 'beliefs' of one strain or other, so the symptomatic behavior of a 'believer' dissing others beliefs, like in 'God', is, most likely, complete hypocrisy!
Listening to the identical twins of 'theist' vs 'atheist' fighting over which one is prettier, is such a great show to watch, filled with irony and hypocrisy and all the other drama/symptoms of 'belief'!

"There are two paths leading to oneness with the Tao.

The first in the path of acceptance.
Affirm everyone and everything.
Freely extend your goodwill and virtue in every direction, regardless of circumstances.
Embrace all things as part of the Harmonious Oneness, and then you will begin to perceive it.

The second path is that of denial.
Recognize that everything you see and think is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth.
Peel all the veils away, and you will arrive at the Oneness.

Though these paths are entirely different, they will deliver you to the same place: spontaneous awareness of the Great Oneness." - Lao Tzu

edit on 7-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

No, I'm not attacking lol but Santa is an anagram for Satan, okay? I don't doubt your sincerity and frankly I don't care that you dont want to believe me because I have known that since I began speaking with you. Temper? Man, I was just being serious.

What's the hole? I'm doing what I'm doing to try to help. So what? I think you misunderstood me

it's a peace sign lol woohoo

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join