It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A public redress of greviences is the proper course of action in Oregon...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well a picture is worth a thousand words, even if you don't like what it says.

A meme isn't just a picture. It's someone's opinion photoshopped onto a picture.

And the other member's use of a meme to clarify his point is more relevant to this topic than simply reducing the conversation to personal attacks and rhetorical tricks. It's okay to be wrong sometimes.

Except that meme isn't accurate if you were to apply even a little bit of critical thinking to it, but you appear to want to be confirming your biases so that's why you accept that meme. It's okay to be wrong sometimes.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Reading this thread tells me many would have supported summary execution of protesters who took over ROTC offices and University Administration offices and such during the 60's.

Back then protesters had a point they wanted public attention brought upon, no different today.

However today's point to me is about a much more egregious violation of Constitutional power than sixties protests.

I can say some of the ideas alluded to in this thread make me sick realizing how far this country and people have fallen since my youth.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2016 by Phoenix because: Sp

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

The meme pic is completely accurate, that's why you're being so obstinate and getting so personal. It topples your apple cart. It's so ironic that you accuse others of confirmation bias when you can't even acknowledge solid points that don't fit within your own world view. Doesn't make for very good discussion. I wonder have you ever changed your mind on any topic? Or conceded a point?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

And i havent dropped the Point about the feds.....google it...

Lemme guess youre going to say "Links" right?

again try doing some research, im not here to spoon feed you everything, im not ABC news

I was intrigued by your comment that they feds were getting ready to mobilize and act on these people. So I did the google searches for that information.

The only sites that are claiming that are nutter sites like infowars and Natural News. No one with an ounce of credibility have made that claim with specific sources to validate the claim. Could you share your credible sources?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

Cool. You go ahead and keep believing that. I'm moving on now.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: ColCurious

I have a question for you...

Why hasn't the federal government publicly come forward with a message that try's to establish a clear line of communication to peacefully resolve this situation?

Because that's the MO used and practised abroad.

You still don't get it... everything you people allow your overlords to do overseas will come back to haunt you.

It's really hard when the average American is as dumb as a box of rocks

I am not so sure that the majority is, many are just struggling everyday to get gas for the car and food for their kids. Then there are the ones who gave up a while back and spend their life in a cloudy haze either drug, alcohol or sports and soaps. They tried they voted they signed petitions some went to news ignored protests, they gave up.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Because the Bundy Bros are a thorn in their side and they'd like nothing more than to take them out?

That's what I think, anyway...

The facts that started s whole thing have been blown out of proportion and is basically because the Fed is out of control. If you push or defy them, they'll get you one way or another and people are sick of it.

The Hammonds didn't commit "arson" in the first place. Their prescribed burns went onto to a bit of Fed land...Now they're in prison for that. Which is crazy because the burns actually raised the property value of the federal land!

This is just insane to me, the entire thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The government is perfectly happy to have the focus on the militia. They won't make any moves. These people will all go home with a nice big FBI file, like Mystik has stated several times.

That's not what happened in either Waco or Ruby Ridge.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The Feds actually slaughtered cattle and most people thought that was clearly wrong. This is more ambiguous.

I do think the Feds are clearly reaching into double jeopardy territory with the sentences imposed on the ranchers. They served one, their plea deal didn't allow them to appeal but the Feds did, and now they're back for 5 more years after the first on terrorism charges? For allowing burns to get out of control? Burns that didn't do much damage to the middle of nowhere and weren't set maliciously.

Federal burns go out of control all the time and no one pays.

But the ranchers keeled under to it. For the elder one, it could be a life sentence for him.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer

I thought it perfectly captured the contrast. The Oregon "terrorists" are just sitting there. In Baltimore and Ferguson the citizens were rioting. Get back to us when the guys in Oregon start breaking #. So far, it's a simple matter of civil disobedience that the hard left would dearly love to re-frame in order to further push a Black Lives Matter narrative.

Not only that but in Baltimore at least, the mayor called off the cops to give them room to riot!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Did you advocate this with any of the Occupy encampments?

Because the only difference right now between Occupy and the Oregon protest is the presence of people exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The government is perfectly happy to have the focus on the militia. They won't make any moves. These people will all go home with a nice big FBI file, like Mystik has stated several times.

The Branch Davidians and the Weever family were not a militia.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The Branch Davidians and the Weever family were not a militia.

Doesn't matter.

In Ruby Ridge the Feds were absolutely meticulous and got off scot free even after the Weevers won in court.

Do you really think this group will be so lucky if the Feds decide to take the same route?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The Feds were incredibly sloppy at Ruby Ridge and got off scott-free because of corruption.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Did you advocate this with any of the Occupy encampments?

Because the only difference right now between Occupy and the Oregon protest is the presence of people exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.

I must have been absent on that day when the Occupy movement boasted about their willingness to die for their cause and threatened to use deadly force if necessary to defend their encampment, because I totally missed that part.

This Oregon thing is NOT a peaceful demonstration, nor is it anywhere near the appropriate way to request a "redress of one's grievances."

It's an armed takeover of a federal building and there's a huge difference between the two.

To put it bluntly, these anti-government, self proclaimed patriots are just itching for an armed confrontation with the Feds and if they keep pulling these looney stunts, (like the Bundy ranch episode and now this) sooner or later someone will mess up and it won't end well for them.

You know what they say; "Be careful what you ask for, because you just might get it."

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm glad the government isn't bowing down to this band of armed thugs that stormed and took over a federal building.

They should park a bus outside this building so these thugs can be hauled off to jail as soon as they step foot outside.
edit on 6-1-2016 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Oh god.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Because the Bundy Bros are a thorn in their side and they'd like nothing more than to take them out?

That's what I think, anyway...

The facts that started s whole thing have been blown out of proportion and is basically because the Fed is out of control. If you push or defy them, they'll get you one way or another and people are sick of it.

The Hammonds didn't commit "arson" in the first place. Their prescribed burns went onto to a bit of Fed land...Now they're in prison for that. Which is crazy because the burns actually raised the property value of the federal land!

This is just insane to me, the entire thing.

I don't think it's as simple as what you'd like to believe.

I heard on MSM that they were actually convicted for orchestrating the burn in order to destroy evidence related to a poaching charge that was bought against them for killing a herd of deer or something like that.

I also heard that the "burn was to control invasive grasses" story was presented as their defense for causing the burn.

Either way, a "jury of their peers" got to hear all the "actual" evidence presented by both sides of the issue and apparently, they didn't buy the defense's story, they convicted them.

I haven't read the case file or judgement, but from the sounds of it, I'd bet they were charged with multiple offenses like conspiring to destroy evidence at a crime scene, actually destroying evidence, causing a burn on federal land, etc...etc..

Once they decide to arrest someone, they're usually going to charge them with ever single offense they possibly can in hopes that at least one will result in a conviction.

edit on 6-1-2016 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Oh god.

I doubt he/she had anything whatsoever to do with this standoff in Oregon, so what's your point?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join