It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeepers Creepers General

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
With the third Jeepers Creepers going into production; I wanted to start a thread about the Jeepers Creepers film series. Spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen the movies. Please be warned of spoilers!

I remember being a kid and watching the movie with my hands over my eyes. The Creeper was so scary, yet so awesome looking. Great way to unveil the monster throughout the movie, little by little as the viewer realizes; along with the characters, what they're looking at is something from the pits of hell.

The second movie was okay. Great opening scene, but it went downhill quicker than it ended. Don't get me wrong now, I enjoyed it! Just I wish the movie wasn't mostly the students on the bus, afraid of the Creeper who had already taken out the adults, now it's taking them out too. Also, I think it wasn't a good follow up to the first movie. There was some questions that needed to be answered. However this movie only gave us more!

Hopefully the third movie will patch things up. Here are the synopsis:

Trish Jenner is now a mother of a teenage son named Darry, named after the brother she lost 23 years ago. Trish has a recurring nightmare where her son suffers the same fate as her brother did, killed by the Creeper. Determined to prevent this from happening, Trish, who is now a rich and powerful woman, sets out on a final quest with Jack Taggart Sr. and Jr. to end the Creeper's reign of terror once and for all. Written by jordan c young

As you can see, it's a sequel to the first two movies and is also bringing back many of the previous characters. Good idea! Because we need answers about the previous installments, and we also need to find out more about the Creeper.

IMDB Jeepers Creepers 3
edit on 6-1-2016 by Teddy916 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
First, I recommend adding a spoiler warning if you can, for those who haven't seen them.

Second, wow, a third??? If they do it, they'd better start us where they left us. I want to see what happened there.

Those are some of the scariest movies I have seen. I will say that for both. Not sure "enjoyed" is quite the right word, all considered, but I own them. The way things develop in the first is indeed well done. Never saw that coming! I can't get the older son to watch the second. Never would say why. A third.....hope they don't mess it up. Too many times, when there are sequels, things go south.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Jeepers Creepees is still one of the scariest movies I've seen. Off to rewatch it.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
"Every twenty-third spring for twenty three days it gets to...eat."

Oh, it does, does it? And you know because...

How?

Because some nutso high school girl fell into a trance on a bus and got the information from the spirit of one of its victims? Gimme a break.

Just imagine the sheer amount of time and field work needed to produce a conclusion like that...

This is where a lot of horror films fall down for me.

Too much information.

1. They give the impression there's a logical explanation for everything.
2. They can't wait to tell you what it is, in this particular case.
3. The explanation detracts further from being able to scare you by often being farfetched.

Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I want my horror films to do the exact opposite of that.

What is it about a bad dream that scares us so much? It's simply because you can't explain it, it doesn't make sense!

If you could explain your bad dreams, they wouldn't be nearly so scary, would they?

One of the most terrifying films I have seen is The Hostel and here's why:

1. It's horrifying.
2. It doesn't make sense.
3. It could happen.

Would-be horror film makers take note!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley
I make horror comic books and i often try and leave some of those things u mentioned up to the imagination, I think your post is spot on and nothing wrong with you cause I see that alot as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My name is Kenny, and during my senior year of high school (2001-2002) I started dating a girl named Darla.

Unfortunately, in December of 2001 she had to move back to North Carolina. We tried to make it work, but being long distance it didn't.

I saw Jeepers Creepers (which released in August of 2001) shortly after we broke up.

In the movie, the couple that went missing in the beginning of the movie were named Kenny and Darla. They are briefly mentioned while the main characters are riding in the car.

That was a pretty hilarious coincidence.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
One of the best horror movies, and we watch them all

Even part 2 was good IMO

Thanks for giving the heads up about JC 3
I would have never known otherwise
Hope it is just as good as 1 & 2

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teddy916
With the third Jeepers Creepers going into production; I wanted to start a thread about the Jeepers Creepers film series. Spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen t...

I did not find one sympathetic character in the whole movies except one!
The 'monster' was beautiful, and they never fill in any depth about him!
Where he came from, what is going on.. the whole story would have been considerably more interesting than watching another bus-load of teenagers (and a few adults) get deservedly eaten.
Burp!
So what?
The 'creature' was the only one with 'personality', but it was all ignored...

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Teddy916

After watching Jeepers Creepers for the first time I was impressed with the creation of this unique monster with its own wicked legend. The second film I thought was okay but I found it lacked a certain something plot wise.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I thought the first one was great. At first I was a little iffy on the second one but it has grown on me. Just watched the third one last night and thought it was pretty decent. Will watch it again.

new topics

top topics

join