It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea conducts 'successful' hydrogen bomb test

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShayneJUK

as someone who has also worked around the periphery of the trident system

Oh yeah?
What does the peripheral Trident system knowledge you have draw you towards concluding related to the OP then?
😊
edit on 6.1.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Could have been a U-2, or Constant Phoenix.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: ParanormalGuy

originally posted by: Gothmog
SO , with their history of this kind of deal , I would say they split a handful of atoms and called it a successful h-Bomb test

Sorry , try again NK

Split? No, that would be fission.

You do know that all nuclear weapons are powered by fission , yes ?

Well that language allows you to be right even though given the context of your reply you are wrong.

An Hbomb derives it explosive power from a nuclear fusion process. The trigger ie compressive force is a nuclear fission explosion. The context of this discussion is the explosion NOT the trigger.

So literally a fission reaction exists in all nukes. The power of the explosion is from either a fission or fusion reaction depending on the type of bomb.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

NK is just a convenient distraction which fits conveniently into a 60 second news byte. You're being duped!!!

I doubt the people of South Korea would agree it's nothing.. a ruse.. a dupe.. nothing to get worked up over. Nor the Americans stationed there. What.. do you think Kim deployed a nuke to distract from Obama? Or are you suggesting that the media should not report NK setting off a nuke, nor their claim it was a hydrogen bomb?

People in their lather to claim that everything is a false flag, or a distraction, ignores when something meaningful actually occurs.
edit on 6-1-2016 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

China doesn't want to deal with the mess, and neither does South Korea for that matter. For anyone to absorb North Korea there will be huge economic losses. The population has no relevant skills to the outside world, there is very little infrastructure, no money, everyone has been brainwashed, and NK is in such defensive terrain that a guerrilla war will be fought for possibly decades. No one, not South Korea, China, the US, Russa, or Japan wants to commit further resources. I think everyone is simply hoping that Kim can be contained to his borders, and if he is then we can simply say it's their country and not our problem.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Most likely something orchestrated by China to destabilize the dollar even furhter. Let NK take the credit/blame and then watch the junkyard dog trounce.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Constant Phoenix is deploying. Once they get samples they will have a better idea of whether if really was a hydrogen bomb or not. The Air Force announced this afternoon that they activated one of the two aircraft, and it will deploy "soon" to get air samples.

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 1/6/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Dont forget my brothers and sisters, You have to have a hydrogen bomb so u wont get hydrogen bombed... Thats how it works on planet Earth. Regardless of how Evil, Crazy, Misunderstood Mr Un is, There is a much more Sinister, Monolithic and ruthless force at work. With no doubt something that gives Mr UN Nightmares... Peace and Love to all.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If it is true that now north korea possess nuclear power oh my...3 world war may just start anytime no?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: nito92

The 2009 test was nuclear, and we haven't gone to war yet.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

USGS had it at 5.1, but yes it's certainly in the ballpark.

Its in the ball park for a about 6 to 9 KT device. but not a successful hydrogen bomb test,

It took the US many years to develop low yield hydrogen bombs

All the early us hydrogen bombs were high yield above 1 mt and later above 500 kt.
later they developed the low yield dial a yield hydrogen weapons that used very low yield primary nuke (5kt) to fire a large hydrogen secondary (+30KT)
This allowed the US to build many more weapons with less fission materiel (U-235 Pu-239) a number of US thermonuclear bombs use low yield primary nukes as small as .5 kt
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: Indigo5

For anyone to absorb North Korea there will be huge economic losses. The population has no relevant skills to the outside world, there is very little infrastructure, no money

I am genuinely curious how you know this, and how you gained the experience to make such a statement.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
This allowed the US to build many more weapons with less fission materiel (U-235 Pu-239) a number of US thermonuclear bombs use low yield primary nukes as small as .5 kt
en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah, and we can do primaries with non-spherical pits, too, it's a trip. But it's the sort of thing that takes lots of eggheads, lots of already validated design data and a lot of supercomputer time.

They're still flailing around at fission weapon 101.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Apparently there were some major innovations for the W47 warhead for the first Polaris SLBM to reduce mass, and these design principles have never been made public, or at least I have no idea what they were specifically.

The initial development was risky and there were failures during testing and reliability problems in production, but eventually I think the design ommpvwas adopted for the future.

www.globalsecurity.org...

edit on 7-1-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: daaskapital

That's pretty scary, given the location of the earthquake and the glorious leaders temperament. Hope they're not testing nukes in North Korea.

Don't be scared at all, there is absolutely no way on Earth that DPRK has anything on the U.S.

If an all out war escalates, we dominate them by air in less than 24 hours. It's pretty much game over from there.

Even if somehow they did successfully put together a H-Bomb, you would need to "deliver" it properly to cause damage. Not going to happen...

I found this rather funny:
www.globalfirepower.com...

If you truly compare the capability of the two countries, it's like night and day. NK's H-Bomb is but a little firecracker compared to what kind hell the U.S. can unleash.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: truthseeker84

Interesting website, bookmarked it! Thanks

My mother in law is from South Korea, she grew up on the family farm on a tiny little island. She moved to the US in the 1970's, the rest of her family is still in South Korea. Most of my concern is for them but like you said, it's nothing to really worry about.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Little Kim ain't about nothing.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: THEBEARDEDGOAT

MAD doesn't apply to NK; it's more like SAD where the 'S' is "Self".

It's a one-way affair.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

In your opinion what does NK have? Enriching the ingredients is obviously not an easy task, and detectable by not even being there, but how much do you think they might have?

I hate to discredit NK lately, especially since the last couple years they seem to bark less than usual. I don't think doom and gloom with them, but I do think they may have achieved a "dud" h-bomb. If so, getting that trigger reaction is the baby step, from there it's just a matter of scale right? Or am I completely wrong?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: howmuch4another

It spreads pretty far. IIRC there was a U-2 flying at 70,000 feet several hundred, or more, miles from a test site that got radiation warnings and had to go through decontamination on landing.

Constant Phoenix has some incredibly sensitive sensors that air passes through on the side of the aircraft that collect particles to be analyzed. That's how they confirmed the 2009 test.

I'm just wondering how North korea got the tech and uranium to build hydrogen bombs...Just wondering.

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join