It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea conducts 'successful' hydrogen bomb test

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I actually think this could danger NK and Chinese relations. What's the old story about the apprentice getting too big for his/her boots and going against the teacher?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

That is odd because earlier this morning. We could read on their page that it said 10 km.

This is also mentioned in Our media who probably saw the same thing. www.vg.no...

USGS, opplyser at det hadde en dybde på 10 kilometer.

Google translate.
USGS, said that it had a depth of 10 kilometers.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

ATS is booting me and redirecting with ads. Here before I get kicked off again.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The only thing we need to do with NK right now is try to figure out how to get some antipsychotic medications in Kimmeh's water (or the $900.00 bottle of cognac he drinks.)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

ewww, fox news.

To think NK has a successful nuclear program, but not a miniaturized one is wrong IMO. Maybe they don't have the materials and facilities to do it, but to recreate a bomb from the 40's, ok I'll give NK that one.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Vector? Before I get booted again. Did anyone think to check the signatures from Nevada? I can't see what I'm typing. Sorry if this is typo hell.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
Ok all me need now is a Space Shuttle to be forced down to the surface and within a few days we have the Killshot ! Nooooooooooooooooooooo Ed Dames was right ( no he isn't
)
Actually, Ed Dames stated the weapon would be used in anger, as in a response to Americans pushing upon the korean peninsula. So if you are going make fun of remote viewing and ed dames, at least get your facts straight.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
SO , with their history of this kind of deal , I would say they split a handful of atoms and called it a successful h-Bomb test

Sorry , try again NK

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
SO , with their history of this kind of deal , I would say they split a handful of atoms and called it a successful h-Bomb test

Sorry , try again NK

Split? No, that would be fission.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

If I experience tremors here in Nevada from a NK nuke test, well I probably won't be posting ever again.

It looks to be another confirmed nuke test, how successful is yet to be determined. If we go by NK press, well then an Un-icorn rode in with the bomb directly to lil kim himself.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
In N. Korea's announcement on TV, they said that they are trying to counter what they called the "U.S. led hostile forces".

It seems the hostility of the U.S. led coalition is apparent to all but some U.S. citizens.

edit on 6-1-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

If you aren't at all familiar with NK, Vice news did a good piece on it. Here's teh first one.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Sorry , try again NK

Splitting Uranium or Plutonium is a fission bomb
Fusing atoms together (hydrogen to helium) is a H-bomb.

A Uranium fission bomb is childs play you don't even need a trigger! A H-bomb is much trickier.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This is just another example of the MSM whipping people up into a lather...a distraction. "Here, look over here!!"

Lil kim no dong un isn't going to do a damn thing. This is akin to giving a 3 year old a hand grenade. All he's going to do is blow himself up with it. He's got no delivery systems. They can't even launch a artillery round in a straight line, let alone an inter-continental ballistic missile. Every missile shot they've done recently has been wildly off course. Their navy is a bunch of rusted out garbage scows and their air force would never even make it to their own border before they ran out of fuel, crashed or were blown out of the sky. They've got a total of about $6.37 in the bank, virtually zero real world manufacturing capability and zero international leverage. The only credible thing they have is a very large standing army, but they're malnourished, beaten down with propaganda and would be demoralized in a matter of days in a ground conflict (which will never happen anyway).

This is all just smoke and mirrors.

It's like a little kid standing in the toy aisle at K-mart holding up a plastic ray gun and screaming "I'm get you, you evir monster...no one wirr defeat our great imperiar POWER!!"

edit on 1/6/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanormalGuy

Sorry , try again NK

Split? No, that would be fission.

That's what it looks like according to the data we have right now. According to the Fox news article it wasn't a big enough blast to be a typical hydrogen bomb.

www.foxnews.com...

According to Lee, intelligence officials said that an estimated explosive yield of six kilotons and a magnitude-4.8 earthquake were detected Wednesday, a smaller blast than the estimated explosive yield of 7.9 kilotons and magnitude-4.9 quake that were reported after a February 2013 nuclear test by North Korea, and only a fraction of a typical successful hydrogen bomb test's explosive yield of hundreds of kilotons.

NK's so called "hydrogen bomb" is estimated at about 6 kilotons, weaker than their last fission bomb and many times weaker than a typical hydrogen bomb.

For comparison the "Little Boy" uranium bomb dropped on Hiroshima was 15 kilotons. This was a large fission bomb.
The "Ivy Mike" hydrogen bomb was 10.4 megatons. This was a large fusion bomb.

If NK's bomb was using fusion, it was the firecracker of hydrogen bombs.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Historically high tech from Russia such as MIG aircraft and missiles have proliferated into North Korea.
They have a secure area there for testing nukes, this test was probably a modern clean device.
No surprise that sometime over the last 50 years the DPRK was able to acquire a suitcase bomb.

India developed a dirty fission bomb back in 1974 with help from Israel without receiving any long lasting sanctions.

So why the media involvement now?
USAtoday is even blaming the stock market drop on this event?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter

So why the media involvement now?
USAtoday is even blaming the stock market drop on this event?

Well, there's one reason right there!

"Look over here! Look over HERE!!"

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well, actually they are a bit more advanced than the meme's of nerf launchers...not much, but they probably did achieve a fusion explosion.

Mainland US will never be threatened by NK, it's all the allies in the surrounding area. I shouldn't say this but I wonder if Un has spent more time on the phone with Putin rather than Jinping as of late.

A nuclear test in today's day and age isn't ever a light thing.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I was wondering if the UN is up for funding review or something, They received a boost from both the Cuban missile crisis and 911 projects.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Look at NK's rocket/missile technology.

It's 60's era.

And not the impressive Apollo program stuff either. Stuff even the Russians quickly moved on from.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join