It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Effect: Paragon or Renegade ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Mass effect 2 was my favorite game, i still have the soundtrack on my iPod, then 3 came and i could never recover of that endless choices 3 colored ending

I support indoctrination theory and reject the official ending

Also that ship in star systems from ms2 always got me wondering... You can go from sun to Pluto in like 10 seconds, that ship must travel like at 10000 times the speed of light

edit on 5-1-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Best
game
ever
period

Its the the only game that emotionally really caught me in so many ways (sad
, happy
, angry
...cant think of another game that managed to do this - I think I even got tears in my eyes in the 3rd game
)

And I am always the paragon in every game I play ...I just doesnt feel good to be mean or rude (even in computer games). Hell ...I am the kind of gamer that even reloads a save if he accidentaly shoots an innocent :p

GIVE ME4!

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The only thing I think I ever did Renegade was I love to punch that arrogant ___ reporter....gets me every time
Was that in the first one ? Cant remember.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It was the 2nd one.

I always do the paragon with her.

You hear her go "Bum rushed on my own show....."

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Some of my favorite lines:

Wrex, ME3, Citadel DLC: "And that's why I like hanging with you guys. Why shoot something once, when you can do it 46 times?"

Shepard, ME2, Shadow Broker DLC: "Remember when we used to slap Omnigel on everything?"

C-SEC officer, ME2, talking to a Volus: "Sir, I'm going to need you to take a deep breath."

Reply of the Volus: "Quit-" Suit's breathing SFX "-mocking me!"

Shepard, ME3 to Captain Baily: "That's classified."
Captain Baily's reply: "That's a fancy way of telling someone to mind their own business!"

Shepard, ME3 yelling after Samara: "Wait!.........Let's go." (which is it Shep????)

Grunt, ME3: "I don't need luck, I've got ammo."

Mordin, ME2: "Lot's of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients, Sometimes kill bad people. Both helps."

And my all time favorite is from ME2:

EDI : "I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees." (the look on Joker's face is priceless)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I love being Paragon to her the first time you meet her in #1, but then in #2 you whack her
"I should have done that the first time we met."

And then in #3 she dodges you
I love it.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

BTW - speaking of 7 Days To Die: I've not played it in a few months, so loaded it up to day.

Been some updates, and they've changed a TON of things. Zombies look different now, some different graphics (improved), the UI for your inventory is changed....

Also: some of the zombies get back up off the ground after you've shot them, and think their dead., yah, that shocked the hell out of me. Emptied my clip the 2nd time "And STAY dead!"

Looks like I need to make a new video.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Mass Effect 2 is one of the greatest games ever made, it's just so damn good. The combat is perfect (I actually prefer it to Mass Effect 3) and the story is better than any game I can think of (well, apart from Metal Gear Solid 3 maybe).

I choose to be Paragon for the first couple of playthroughs and then went 100% Renegade because the stuff that Shepard comes out with when you play Renegade is hilarious and I wanted to get Morinth but you need a high Renegade score for that. Unfortunately though, no-one told me that it's impossible to get Morinth in the game without getting DLC because you can't get your Renegade score high enough. Thanks game. I think content must have been taken out before release and then re-packaged as DLC and the developers probably just forgot to adjust the Renegade/Paragon to make up for it.

By the way, who are your favourite battle party members? I prefer Garrus and Legion. Those drones are just so damn helpful.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nathan-D
By the way, who are your favourite battle party members? I prefer Garrus and Legion. Those drones are just so damn helpful.

I'm a Garrus + Tali
They were -and always are- my team in all 3, feels weird teaming up with the others after so long. Will switch one out for a different team member for companion quests only.

a reply to: eriktheawful
I'm a Kickstarter for 7 Days 2 Die!
Been playing it off and on during the Alpha, absolutely -loving- how far they've come since I first had a look in Alpha 4.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nathan-D

In ME1, I generally go Kaidan/Ashley until Virmire, then I add in Garrus. I tried running Garrus from the start, but he's just sooo squishy.

In ME2, my preferred set is Garrus/Samara until the suicide mission where Garrus plays the second leader all the way through. Then I swap up to Zaeed and will mix in Miranda when Samara is busy or the squad needs to hold the line.

In ME3, I like running Garrus/James until I get Kaidan back. Then I run Garrus/Kaidan again until Thessia where I will run James or Jaavik against Liara because I really resent being forced to take, something a sane Shep would NEVER do IMO (professional soldiers have enough issues watching their homeworlds get destroyed, but here I am acquiescing to an emotionally compromised non-soldier?). Then, James and Jaavik are absolutely mean to her and I like that; serves her right for forcing herself along and I don't get to say it.

I also have four Sheps who've made all the way through all four games:

One Vanguard

One Adept

One Vanguard, Soldier, Sentinel

One Infiltrator X 2, Engineer

edit on 6-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nathan-D

ME1 - Garrus and Wrex

ME2 - Depends on some things. Most times it's Garrus and Kasumi, or Garrus and Grunt. For the suicide mission, I have a certain way to do it that ensures everyone lives.

ME3 - Garrus and Javik for most of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join