It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Got the Funk (might be a tad gross)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Good for me we have honey. Do you know if sassafras would work?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
I know the name's out there. So am I.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ChuckNasty
Thanks for the advice. I really want to get rid of the lung butter. It has a gravy-like consistency; really very creamy. I'm sure you really didn't want to know that but there you go.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
One thing that has always worked wonders for a sore throat is a salt water gargle. Not sure of exact measurements of each, but it does work. If it is strep throat though, you will need an antibiotic. Hope you feel better soon!

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
He said mangina! I didn't know anyone else said that.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Thanks. I'll do a salt water gargle.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I about died the first time I saw that video

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Boil some water. Pour it in a bowl. Put a few drops of tea tree oil in it. Put your head over the bowl and cover your head with a towel. Inhale deeply. In through the mouth, out through the nose a bunch of times. Then reverse it to in through the nose, out through the mouth a bunch of times. Repeat until you just get sick of doing it or the water stops steaming, whichever comes first.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer
I'll try that. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
Boil some water. Pour it in a bowl. Put a few drops of tea tree oil in it. Put your head over the bowl and cover your head with a towel. Inhale deeply. In through the mouth, out through the nose a bunch of times. Then reverse it to in through the nose, out through the mouth a bunch of times. Repeat until you just get sick of doing it or the water stops steaming, whichever comes first.

Tea tree oil is amazing for so many things, but I hate the smell of that stuff! LOL

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If you don't mind tree sap, I suggest Buckleys. I actually like the taste of it.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Autorico
I take it that Buckley's is the brand name. What tree is the sap from?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It kind of has a piney taste to it. I don't know if you have commercials for it, but it's the one that goes: "buckleys, it tastes awful and it works".

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Yeah (re liquid poop and your name) but I once read that everybody poops... so went ahead and risked it.

Get better...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico
It must be the vitamin c in it. In the old days, Indians would brew pine needle tea to stave off scurvy. I guess it's the same principle. Is it like drinking turpentine?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma
Thanks.
Anywho, as the guy in the video says, everybody does it.
ETA: I forgot that this isn't for sensitive people. Fair warning.

edit on 6-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Like I said, I actually enjoy it, so I'm probably not the best person to describe the taste. For me, it tastes like pine needles and menthol.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Okay, now that's really weird! I'm Mr Safety in that video... now I'm a bit freaked out... how did you know??! It's just a gig I do in my down time!

*Note that I'm kidding - regards

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: ketsuko
Good for me we have honey. Do you know if sassafras would work?

If you're talking about the tea, any blend will do. It's the hot liquid more than anything. When I was a pop drinker, I'd use coke because the acid + carbonation would more or less burn the crap out of my throat, but I can't drink pop anymore, so hot liquid has to do the same service.

But to mix with the honey, the apple cider vinegar is the actual therapeutic part being astringent.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma
Okay, you had me going there for a second. Good one!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join