It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellites with laser beams...better spies ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I know that technology has advanced into the age of where it can just keep on accelerating. The birth and age of the satellite is amazing. My thoughts are though, is that you could be being watched right now as you are reading this message, not through X-rays or thermal imaging, but an 'invisible' laser beam being pointed at you. With capabilities to zoom in and actually 'listen' in on your conversations, by picking up vibrations in the medium of just air, and taking that data and transmitting it back up to the satellite, where it can be sent to a CIA/NSA database. It sounds so simple, that all they have to do is pinpoint a location (espicially if you have a GPS cellphone and/or other device) and start recieving. Really something to think about. I believe it is happening. There are over 800 satellites in orbit, and most of them have to be spies.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Explain to me how you have an invisible laser, and how are they getting the data transmitted back up to the sattelite?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The invisible laser, Im sure they have a way to make it, because the distance it has to travel, its just stronger. A laser is beamed down to a person, and the vibrations it picks up in the air from your voice is transmitted back through the laser into the satellite.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The stronger you make a laser, the more light it emits...remember, a laser is composed of light. As for transmitting data on a laser...I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
You're wrong, lasers can use wavelengths not visible to the human eye.. infra-red for example. Have you used a remote control lately?

If you're not familiar with the technology, check here:
www.amazing1.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The thought is definatly irking but is this just a thought or do have any reason whatsoever to base it on.

Im not sure how far fibre optics have come in order to bounce a laser beam of thin air and recieve a signal but im sure if theres a will theres a way. They say for all the military technology you know the us military has they have three times as much behind hidden doors and its all scary.

Oh yeah and boieng alone has made somehwer around 600 satellites to go in space so im pretty sure theres more than eight hundred not sure though don't hold me to it.

[edit on 9-1-2005 by Magickesists]

new topics

top topics

join