It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Transcending the Human Body: Hopefully a Philosophical Disscussion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

Frist, he is a little out there and a little to anti-acidemia for my taste.

Next, his understanding of special relativity seems a little shaky. The energy in E=MC^2 is potential energy, not kinetic energy. Outside of this shakiness, which might just be him rejecting parts of the mainstream physics that he does not want to deal with, he provides an interesting theory.

Also, I am not sure if he is right on some of his generalizations about biology such as humans perceive things at 60 fps. I think that is an average.

He did give me an interesting idea based in Complex Analysis. I wonder if anyone has attempted to mathematically model the little bloop theory that would be interesting.

IMHO: If his theory could be correctly mathematically established this could show a connection to the idea of a Consciousness field I have been talking about being the same as the Higgs-Boson field.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Might it not be that humans are part of a collective consciousness and at times become too distracted by the bodily experience and no longer perceive that they are connected.

A consciousness needs a physical manifestation, at least for a time. Reminds me of a Kurt Vonnegut story about a guy who walks out of his body, then he teaches others to do it. Some people become scared of the people who can walk out of their bodies, and they press the government to stop them. The government gets scared and starts to nuke everything, but the spirits don't care cause they are just sprits.... or something like that. Sadly I can not remember the name of this story.

The body is an important tool in developing the consciousness, so I in some way agree that we are not bodies, or at least, I don't think we will have to remain in our bodies to still have consciousness.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join