It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush rejects bad news

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I could not find this interview in a search of Fox's data base I can only assume it's because it an old interview

Bush Tells Hume He Avoids Media Bias
By Avoiding News Media

Brit Hume conducted his interview Sunday at the White House and during the first hour of prime time on Monday night Fox aired the hour-long “A Conversation with the President.” It re-ran on FNC Monday night at midnight EDT/11pm CDT/10pm MDT/9pm PDT.

The session ended with Hume wondering about Bush’s news habits: “How do you get your news?”

Bush: “I get briefed by Andy Card and Condi Rice in the morning. They come in and tell me. In all due respect, you've got a beautiful face and everything [both laugh].

I really don't. I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. Rarely read the stories and get briefed by people who probably read the news themselves.

Like Condi, in her case, the National Security Adviser is getting her news directly from the participants on the world stage.”
Link #5

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

The session ended with Hume wondering about Bush’s news habits: “How do you get your news?”

Bush:I get briefed by Andy Card

from The News with Brian Williams
NBC
September 9, 2002

(Brian) WILLIAMS: Is time more meaningful now? Is there a--a crispness to interactions with him because of the seriousness of purpose that's didn't exist? Does he get the unvarnished truth in very short order from anyone in this building?

Mr. CARD: Yes, I speak very candidly with the president every day, and my job is to have a relationship with him that is unvarnished. He tells me what he thinks I should be doing, and I tell him what I think he should be doing, and we speak very, very candidly. And as long as I'm chief of staff, it's imperative that that be the way we function.

and Condi Rice

Rice: "So he had very strong convictions about what he wanted to do. Our job was simply to take the various issues out there and walk through them with him, to work through them, to look at options for carrying out the agenda that he wanted to establish. And what he needed to communicate and I think what he communicated very well last night, was that he does lead from principle. But that also understands how to make a decision."

Link

in the morning. They come in and tell me. In all due respect, you've got a beautiful face and everything [both laugh].

I really don't. I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. Rarely read the stories and get briefed by people who probably read the news themselves.

Like Condi, in her case, the National Security Adviser is getting her news directly from the participants on the world stage.”
Link #5

After the heated PDB testimony, I'm sure they give it to him straight to cover their own tails,but sure most already know it's Cheney who receives & [damage] controls all transmissions from the dark side of the force.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by Vajrayana]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Well, he already told the people he doesn't read newspapers or watch the news, so what make you think he listens to the news on the radio? The guy lives in a bubble. I swear, the 50.000000000000001% of the people who voted for him deserve this puppet.

He has entire intelligence agencies briefing him everyday. He doesent need to turn into Channel 5 news to learn what is going on in the world. His sources include the DoD, CIA, NSA, State Department, all of whom brief the President on a daily basis. So many of you post stuff that makes no sense...your hatred blinds you. The post creator has no common sense whatsoever. Try using rational thought for once people.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Yeah, bush really takes his job and his commitment to the American People seriously...

And don't forget this gem...
One Fingered Victory Salute
www.big-boys.com...

His dad was the same way...

No he doesn't read the papers, he said so himself, so for those who are trying to argue that he does, LOL. As far as not wanting to hear bad news, well duh. Rumors from the white house staff have surfaced that the man is on drugs to curb his irrational fits of rage when he does get bad news. The man literally walked off the stage during a press conference and could be heard yelling at his staff backstage when they asked him about his connections to Kenneth Lay and the Enron scandal. You want a link to that information, look it up. I'm sick of doing homework for Bu#es, just to have them say the source is slanted. Yawn. Support a man, fine, blindly follow him around singing his praises, fine... spouting off with proove this and proove that and telling us we don't know what we are talking about when you fail to disprove or even address anything specific, uh no. Your damn right we're biased, but far from blinded. Pick up a good history book someday, turn to WWII and read where that little turd's money comes from. Here let me show you where to look, if you can disprove anything on that site, your a better researcher than I am. Read and learn about your hero's. I always liked OJ Simpson, but I knew when to smell the smell and wake the hell up to the reality that the man might not have been all I had thought he was, because I do read the papers.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well said, Twitchy. It is funny, isn't it, whenever Bushfanz are presented with facts that disturb them, they automatically cry foul on the source. It's doubtful they'd accept anything short of a programmed talking head on their boob toob telling them something. To these folks, that is the only medium of truth. And the joke's on them. TV "news" is just about worthless.

Here's an online book about WW2 and the financing of it. It will definitely open the eyes of those who read it with an open mind.

Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler

By

Antony C. Sutton

Makes Every Previous Book on World War II Obsolete.
Finally, a distinguished scholar has penetrated the cloak of falsehood, deception, and duplicity that for more than thirty years has protected one of the most incredible secrets of World War II: the support from key Wall Street financiers and other international bankers in subsidizing Hitler's rise to power.

Professor Antony C. Sutton proves that World War II was not only well planned, it was also extremely profitable—for a select group of financial insiders. Carefully tracing this closely guarded secret through original documents and eyewitness accounts, Sutton documents the roles played by J.P. Morgan, T. W. Lamont, the Rockefeller interests, General Electric Company, Standard Oil, National City Bank, Chase and Manhattan banks, Kuhn, Loeb and Company, and scores of other business elitists.

Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler shows how the bloodiest, most destructive war in history was financed and promoted. It is sure to spark angry denials and heated debate.

Preface Introduction
Chapter 1 Wall Street Paves the Way for Hitler
Chapter 2 The Empire of I. G. Farben
Chapter 3 General Electric Funds Hitler
Chapter 4 Standard Oil Fuels World War II
Chapter 5 I.T.T Works Both Sides of the War
Chapter 6 Henry Ford and the Nazis
Chapter 7 Who Financed Adolf Hitler?
Chapter 8 Putzi: Friend of Hitler and Roosevelt
Chapter 9 Wall Street and the Nazi Inner Circle
Chapter 10 The Myth of "Sidney Warburg"
Chapter 11 Wall Street Nazi Collaboration in World War II
Chapter 12 Conclusions
Appendix A Appendix B Appendix C

Appendix D Appendix E

Selected Bibliography

Copyright ©1976 by Arlington House Publishers, New Rochelle, New York.

This work was created with the permission of Antony C. Sutton.
www.reformation.org...

*Remember: Official history is written by the victors.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well, thank God we have each other!!!

Twitchy, thanks. Youre the best. These people here need to see those pictures at least once a day.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I find so nice that our elected politicians knows how to use our all American international sign for greetings, it shows how educated they are, darn you don't need not stinking news to learn how to do that.

Heck even a 2 year all knows how to give a finder.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I wonder if someone told Bush that there were no weapons of mass destruction.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Oh, my I think I know from where Mr. Bush get his daily news reviews

From the Lady Ann occurs

She is Mr. Bush main news advisor, darn she probably advised him on how to fight the war, with the finger

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I find so nice that our elected politicians knows how to use our all American international sign for greetings, it shows how educated they are, darn you don't need not stinking news to learn how to do that.

Heck even a 2 year all knows how to give a finder.

LOL, those pictures are so photoshopped. Sorry, not a Bush fan, but not a Democrat either, more of a Libertarian, but I am a graphics artist, and I surely hope you don't believe that those pics are real. Please say you were being sarcastic.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by steggyD

LOL, those pictures are so photoshopped. Sorry, not a Bush fan, but not a Democrat either, more of a Libertarian, but I am a graphics artist, and I surely hope you don't believe that those pics are real. Please say you were being sarcastic.

Hey everything I take from Mr. Bush is on the joke side, you should know that by now.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Steggy, we know these are possibly photoshopped but there are some very real ones also

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I find so nice that our elected politicians knows how to use our all American international sign for greetings

You kill me, Marg!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
And my analysis...
Bush probably doen't have time to read a newspaper. Obviously the idea of executive briefing escapes some people here.
Look, Bush has a pretty good idea of whats going if the Oval office is even closely similar to "The West Wing".
That being said. Being in a similar boat as dgtempe, I can say yes I have bashed the Commander-in-Chief, and I have enormous respect for the Office of the President but not the man filling the job.
If I were to met GW Bush on the street, and not knowing who he was, I'd more than likely ignore him.
I believe in fairness, prove to me your worth my respect.
Dubya, lost my respect when he declared himself DaPrez in 2000 and disallowed an appealed vote count.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
exactly. I've never seen anything like it. What kind of adult is so special that he only allows friendly views/positions? Definitely the kind that rode the short bus as a kid. What kind of president.. I have this image of Dubya being sent into the other room to play when Rummy and Tricky Dick get together to talk policy.

Dubya is just the mouthpiece...for those who really make the decisions. And anyone who doesn't see it, doesn't want to see it. How can the man make an informed decision about anything? Its a known fact that the Bush household (his parents) never had any books around. The kids were never encouraged to read. If you don't read, you don't learn. Never did any one person deserve such high office less. But I tell you, he was placed there - not once, but twice...

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I guess the reason why Mr. Bush does not want bad news is due to his uncontrollabe temper tantrums, they are not good fro his health, you know.

Clinton used to get red like a tomato but Bush get temper tantrums.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Good point, Marg.

I wonder if Condi ever told Shrub the truth about the tooth fairy?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well it looks that Mr. Bush got a better way to deal with bad news, now he will not hold himself and the people in his government accountable for his own mistakes and the government.

Way to go Mr. president.
It sure shows how our "democratically leader" thinks of himself.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
He can float through his Beaver Cleaver boy in the bubble existence all he wants. One of these days, tho, it'll bite him on the azz - and but good.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join