It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush rejects bad news

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I dont want to hear it

President Bush does not care for bad news.
The president of the United States doesnt want to know whats happening out there;

There is rising concern amongst senior officials that President Bush does not grasp the increasingly grim reality of the security situation in Iraq because he refuses to listen to that type of information. Our sources say that attempts to brief Bush on various grim realities have been personally rebuffed by the President, who actually says that he does not want to hear bad news.
"Okay Mr. President, daily brief. Ah, lesse here. Ummm. Well, the dog still likes you and thinks you are doing a wonderful job. "

Is this the mind of a real president?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Just pop him with more drugs.. he'll be aight and our country will be quite aight behind him....

[edit on 7-1-2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Ya beat me to this one dg..
Let's face it, G.W. is out to lunch. It doesn't really matter, tho. I mean, how much do you think he really runs? My money sez Cheney and Rumsfeld actually run things. I don't think they'd tell G.W. anything relevant. Number one, he'd go and blurt something out by accident, and number two, they've gotta have their plausible deniability. So, if he wants to live in his own little world of make-believe, it doesn't really matter. Essentially, "Temporary's" nothing more than a cheerleader, remember?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Point well taken, EastCoast.

Let the Cheneys of the world and the Rumsfelds worry about it, i guess.
After all, this war is "their" bouncing baby boy!

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Can you show me where in that article it quotes Bush.

I mean, if you were a CEO of a large company, would you worry about ALL the day to day problems, no, you delagate your authority. You get updates, and major decsions require your approval. It is no different here. I am sure that Cheney makes decsions that the president should, but the president is always aware.

People give Bush less credit that he deserves, I mean, I don't see any of us running the country. and if it comes from privileged life, so be it. There is more turmoil and strife in the world than since WW2.

But again, where does it quote his saying he does not want the bad news?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If i were the president of the greatest country on earth, not only would i worry but i would ensure every step i took would be for the good of this country, to spare lives, to have diplomacy and take extreme measures for a peaceful earth.

You're gonna compare the owner of Walmarts to the presidential office?

Totally different thingy.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Any CEO of a public company that instructed senior managers to exclude negative information regarding major initiatives would be charged with mismanagement and would be replaced by the board of directors (as would the senior managers that went along with any plan that painted an unrealistic picture of company performance.)

It is one thing to filter out minutiae, it is quite another to ignore analysis that points to a worsening situation in Iraq. If you remember correctly, myopic analysis is what resulted in faulty conclusions such as that there was a link between Saddam & Al Qaeda and there were WMDs in Iraq.

It is a dangerous path to follow and even scarier that it is the President that still advocates this type of thinking.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Imgnyc, you put it much better than i did. thank you.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
lets see... antiwar.com yeah... there's a reliable source for you...

Get off it already... President Bush is the man !

I'm going to start calling this place, Bushbash.com....

jeez....

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well, we could all claim to be followers of evil and make this the Bush church of worship but there are still too many of us out there with a brain and a conscience.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I try on here, I really do, but this is not a Wal-Mart, or a normal country. The bottom line is the issue is known, there are actions in place, so why would you want to look at the same thing, which could push other inmportant issue to the bottom of the pile.

If you recieved a report every day, and the first thing on there was the Iraq war and terrorism, how could you ever get to the second issue? Can you see that point of view?

Any CEO of a public company that instructed senior managers to exclude negative information regarding major initiatives would be charged with mismanagement and would be replaced by the board of directors (as would the senior managers that went along with any plan that painted an unrealistic picture of company performance.)

Like Enron? Airlines? any company? You are right, however, this is not some upset shareholders, or do we introduce a new line of dolls becasue the others sold badly but lets cook the books in a normal company.

If i were the president of the greatest country on earth, not only would i worry but i would ensure every step i took would be for the good of this country, to spare lives, to have diplomacy and take extreme measures for a peaceful earth.

uh...ok...this sounds like a beauty pageant line.....

Well, we could all claim to be followers of evil and make this the Bush church of worship but there are still too many of us out there with a brain and a conscience.

So, not only will Edwards call a voter for bush dumb, you will too...that is pathetic that the only arguement ever come up with is a bash against our own president.

I still want to see the quote of Bush not wanting to see bad information ever again.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's common knowledge that Bush avoids reading the newspapers. You actually think its a stretch that he would disregard bad news?
If so, you suffer from cognitive dissonance. You might wanna look into that.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't read the papers most of the time, either. Not a good use of my time (even though I'm a speed-reader ~450 word/min). I listen to the radio in the car. Most of the news I need doesn't make it into the paper until about a week after the event.

The sole exception used to be the WSJ; for a while in the 90's, it broke stories an average of SIX weeks ahead of the rest of print-media.

As for what analysis Bush rejects, I don't think any of us are in an informed position to guess at what kind of intel crosses his desk.

If I were him, I'd be throwing the CIA's stuff in the circular file. They have been at war with Bush since he took office. Clinton-era aparatchniks still cling to power there, and aren't to be trusted.

Same with Dept. of State. Powell has been a loose cannon since about the middle of 2001, even questioning White House policy while on overseas missions. I think he was allowed to stay on for the votes he was expected to pull.

As for not wanting redundant analysis that's all gloom & doom, I have something in common with Bush: After all, one of the reasons I log onto this website less and less is because it contains the same "analysis" repeated a thousand ways. Bush is a nazi, so is the majority that voted for him, and America deserve the economic doom that rightfully awaits it.

See, I don't want to look at that stuff day after day, either.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
America deserve the economic doom that rightfully awaits it.

America as a whole doesn't deserve the 'economic doom' that awaits it - only those who voted this hatefilled administration into power deserves that. Unfortunately, the rest of the poor buggers who didn't vote for the Republican candidate also have to suffer for his actions.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
As for what analysis Bush rejects, I don't think any of us are in an informed position to guess at what kind of intel crosses his desk.

Do yourself a favor and turn off the talk radio. It's ridiculous.

You have no idea what your fellow ATS members do for a living. So, you are in no position to make the above statement.

You log on here less and less because you like the truth less and less.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Awww, seems like little bushy needs another extended vacation to cure those over stressed blues..

yes, bluesy blues little Georgie.. where's my little bluesie Georgie.. there you are!

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You guys piss me off, ok, there I vented...

You are right, It is common knowledge and I have read that Bush does not generally pick up the paper in morning to see what is going on. But are we talking about the NY Times or the PDB he recieves everyday? There is a very big difference.

The PDB contains all pertinient info for the the pres to begin his day. Can we prove that he has blown this off and gone golfing. It would be a good read if there was a link.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Bush has had his own goal in Iraq. He doesn't care if its winable. He doesn't care if its realistic. He doesn't care how many Americans or Iraqi civilians die as a result. He just plugs along like some little special ed kid.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well, he already told the people he doesn't read newspapers or watch the news, so what make you think he listens to the news on the radio? The guy lives in a bubble. I swear, the 50.000000000000001% of the people who voted for him deserve this puppet.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
exactly. I've never seen anything like it. What kind of adult is so special that he only allows friendly views/positions? Definitely the kind that rode the short bus as a kid. What kind of president.. I have this image of Dubya being sent into the other room to play when Rummy and Tricky Dick get together to talk policy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join