It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all you Firefox Mozilla Lovers out there who like to Dis IE

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sexygeek
wat is the cipther sthrenght of fire fox and where can u find it out?

I believe that Firefox supports upto 256-bit whereas IE is only 128-bit. Don't quote me on that

[edit on 12-1-2005 by nibiru]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I believe that Firefox supports upto 256-bit whereas IE is only 128-bit. Don't quote me on that

[edit on 12-1-2005 by nibiru]

realy how do u know?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
google, do a search yourself and youll see that Firefox supports 256 bit and IE only 128.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
aw okay cool i didnt know that

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Number of possible keys (please correct me if i'm wrong):
128-bit has roughly 340,282,367 with 30 0's after it (often used on the web e.g online banking)

256-bit is rarely used, has 115,792,089 with another 69 0's after it

56-bit has 72,057,594,000,000,000 possible keys, thats over 72 quadrillion

56-bit encryption was broken in 22 hours in 1999 by a network of 100,000 computers. In 1998 it was broken in 56 hours by a single computer which cost over $250,000 which i think was built specifically by the government for this task.

The network of computers must have been trying roughly about 2^40 keys a second to be able to complete it in 22 hours, at the same rate it would take them about 9,000,000,000,000,000,000 years to break 128-bit encryption!!

256 bit encryption would take 3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years!!!!

Found this quote on the net "If the 260 million PCs in the world today were put to work on a 128-bit encrypted message, it would take them roughly 12 million times the age of the universe to break the code."

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nibiru
Found this quote on the net "If the 260 million PCs in the world today were put to work on a 128-bit encrypted message, it would take them roughly 12 million times the age of the universe to break the code."

hehehe thats cool

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by nibiru

You numbers seem correct, but keep in mind that not all encryption methods are created equal. All common encryption systems have weaknesses that signfigantly reduce the time it will take to find the correct key.

For example, 256 bit AES encryption is "stonger" than 448 bit Blowfish encryption (both are extremely good compared with Triple DES and other common encryption systems).

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ya, umm I'm sorry, but WTF?

Does some person out there get really really offended when they see someone using firefox and/or saying ie is crap? I mean, really pal, get over it..

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by humanoidcontent
Ya, umm I'm sorry, but WTF?

Does some person out there get really really offended when they see someone using firefox and/or saying ie is crap? I mean, really pal, get over it..

Who are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Firefox has reached 20,000,000 downloads since its release on 9th November (76 days ago)

IE's market share has dropped 1.5% in the last month

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
firebird had surpassed ie even by version 0.4.

/people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Most of the security vunerabilities of IE are based on 'features' (vunerabilities) that most users hardly ever use. If you get around the net with cookies enabled, Java enabled, active x enabled, dcom enabled, netbios ports listening, plug and play ports listening, ect your inevitably going to get into trouble.

www.grc.com...

I havn't tried a new browser, but I totally support the contention that most internet miscreants are writing code to exploit IE and Outlook Express...

One meg download, eh....

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i encourage everyone who hasn't, to give firefox or opera a try.
both progs import your bookmarks from ie, so you dont have to find your favourites again.
what have you got to lose, except less trojans and pop-ups!

there are also a lot of ie based web browsers out there.
some free, some not.
breeze browser, green browser....i cant remember.
google 'web browser'
im sure you'll find some

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
I havn't tried a new browser, but I totally support the contention that most internet miscreants are writing code to exploit IE and Outlook Express...

One meg download, eh....

Seeing as just about all the spyware and adware exploit activeX, I would say youre wrong because activeX isnt used on other browsers.

For years, OE never had a "view as plain text" option so spammers could verify every single address as soon as it was viewed in the preview bar.

Everything bad is aimed at IE and OE.

D

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sexygeek
at least the beta version of firefox wasnt as buggy as the beta version of internet explorer and windows

Every version of IE and Windows is a beta version.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
Most of the security vunerabilities of IE are based on 'features' (vunerabilities) that most users hardly ever use. If you get around the net with cookies enabled, Java enabled, active x enabled, dcom enabled, netbios ports listening, plug and play ports listening, ect your inevitably going to get into trouble.

That's not user friendly now is it. bad bad program

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have never had a problem with IE, but i do scan my computer for spyware and stuff at least once a week. I have FF, I dont like it becuase it doesnt display alot of web pages properly, also seems that im havig to downlaod a plugin for just about everything i do. I found this other browser that is like IE but alot more secure and laods pages alot better then FF.

Check it out
www.advancedbrowser.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
After using Firefox I cannot go back to IE. I have to have tabbed browsing now.

I only use IE when I go to the MSN Gaming zone, you have to have ActiveX for that.

Sure, you gotta download a few plug-ins here and there to get it running good. But once you got it all set up you will be thankful you have it. And I cant figure out why this thread started is so anti-Firefox. He must be a tech who is tryin to get everyone to use the same software

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by _LOST_
I dont like it becuase it doesnt display alot of web pages properly

Strange, in the 3 months i've been using Firefox i have rarely had any sites that don't display properly and i do *alot* of browsing. The only time i ever need to use IE is for the windows update site.

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
After using Firefox I cannot go back to IE. I have to have tabbed browsing now.

I agree completely, tabbed browsing rules! And some of the extensions are pretty handy: fireftp, download sort, web developer, adblock... the list goes on. oh and not forgetting the ATS search plugin.

All the other computers in my house often get spyware, i haven't had any spyware/trojans/viruses since i switched to Firefox

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
mozilla blocks all the pop ups...f**k internet explorer. btw no it hasn't made my computer crash, i don't see one single problem with mozilla. face it microsoft don't make the best everything anymore...there's other competitors who are making better things.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join