It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile ad problem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Me too. On a new phone and old one.

a reply to: Sremmos80

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Still happening. I can't write a reply fully without it doing it.

a reply to: cavedweller88

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: spartanwarrior

I haven't seen the ad since that one time yesterday, after hundreds of pages loaded on both iOS and Android. This might be even more of an indication that either a wireless carrier is hijacking the ad position (it has happened) or some lower-level malware is targeting the kind of ad that would show in that position (explaining why it seems limited to ATS mobile).

Are there any device/OS/carrier similarities amongst the members getting this issue?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Verizon and att......problem seems to be worse today

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Seems like a droid chrome issue from what I am seeing from this and the other thread.

But ya it was good for a day but now still an issue.

If it is a lower level malware, would that not show up on scans? Because I have done a few and it comes up clean every time.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I have found that if I switch to full version instead of mobile, it helps for a time......trying to make it so I always get the full site.

Eta: the setting sticks, there is a checkbox in chrome. I think this workaround will do for me.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Boxman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I got the same issue as well. I tried 3 browsers with the same thing going on.

edit on 6-1-2016 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

this was a video dish network advert
edit on 6-1-2016 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Boxman

That's good to know, I'll have to try that.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Seems like a droid chrome issue from what I am seeing from this and the other thread.

When I test on Android, I'm using Chrome... and I can't get it either on the device or a desktop emulator trying various different Chrome versions.

Once I can see it, I can trace it to the source... but I need to see it first.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Maybe a samsung thing then?

I have seen a couple people saying they have the issue using samsung.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yeah. I'm using a Samsung.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: spartanwarrior

I haven't seen the ad since that one time yesterday, after hundreds of pages loaded on both iOS and Android. This might be even more of an indication that either a wireless carrier is hijacking the ad position (it has happened) or some lower-level malware is targeting the kind of ad that would show in that position (explaining why it seems limited to ATS mobile).

Are there any device/OS/carrier similarities amongst the members getting this issue?

Same issue lately, only on mobile. Samsung Galaxy S5 on ATT using Firefox.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well dang...

I just tried on and off wifi and got it on both, thought maybe that could be something.

I guess I can just do the desktop version work around.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
ok, had to login on my pc to post, since it keeps reloading on me on my cellphone. I have a Samsung s6 edge, Verizon service. I have tried firefox, and chrome that came with my phone. sometimes I cant even read a topic due to reloading to a blank page every 5 to 10 seconds. sometimes it doesn't happen at all. but it is very frustrating I tell you what. my phone is very new, less than a month old, and it just started happening within the last 2 weeks. the screenshot on the first page is exactly what it looks like on my phone too, blank page with that little black rectangle at the top of the page that says loading. hope it gets figured out, I gotta get my ATS fix!!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I disabled that 320x50 top-rectangle ad position. Let me know if that solves the problem you're seeing.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The only time I get ads on my android tablet is when I use Google with Firefox I have no problem

But I would never come back if I was to come here for the first time and think it was supposed to be this way

Could it be a browser thing

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Looks like that is working.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I still have issues. Doesn't matter which browser I use either. I only use my mobile on WiFi since I'm too poor for actual service. Had issues a couple weeks ago with a different ad too. Kept me away from ATS

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If I have the problem again, is there anything I can provide that will be of use to you? Tags, IDs, UTM codes....
edit on 1/7/2016 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join