It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile ad problem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I am constantly getting redirected to this ad that just keeps loading and never shows site data.

Sometimes....actually most times...I click a forum, it'll load....I'll read the op then the screen randomly refreshes to the ad and I have to refresh the page to go back.

FYI I have a galaxy s5...

it's been really frustrating trying to access ATS....I know the mobile site has had problems but I thought I should bring this to your attention.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I am having this issue too. It's almost constant. Galaxy s4

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cavedweller88

There are recent threads under the Board Business Forum about this. They give suggestions, possible explanations and links to the threads just before .

here

edit on 5-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

There are recent threads under the Board Business Forum about this. They give suggestions, possible explanations and links to the threads just before .

here

Sorry I didn't even search before I was just really pissed off.

Checked out the thread and none of the suggestions helped.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry about that. There have been a few people saying this, but out of thousands, it points to your phone provider. I tested on wifi (verizon) and off wifi (at&t) and the only problem I had was that ads were not loading on WIFI. Content was, though. Technically, that is a problem, lol.

If you tether you phone to wifi when at home, you can try a hard reset of your router.

If you don't, try a factory reset of your phone. There are a lot of easy tools to back up your stuff before hand, you just have to write down and reinstall apps. Samsung has particularly easy backup tools and your phone provider will have one as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It really is a horrible problem with any android os. I had no idea because I just switched from a windows phone which I used explorer on. I tried all the suggestions too. Ultimately i downloaded firefox on my android and was able to download adblocker plus just to log in and then disabled. Its been fine since.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
My phone is android, have never had any other. and it is a samsung s5. But, depends on the provider and phone. At&T has been pushing some pretty crappy updates as of late. 2 in the last 2 months for me.

Android and windows and IOS phones have their own problems.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Verizon is my phone provider and att is my ISP

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have been using this site on my current phone for over a year at least and this issue just started for me like last week.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Im.having issues posting because it keeps taking me to that page! Does not matter if I'm on WiFi or 4G. Different isp for each.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I only use ATS when connected to wifi now. Whenever I switch to my 3G/4G connection via 3Mobile I am bombarded with adverts to the point ATS is inaccessable.

No problem at all over wifi.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I have been using this site on my current phone for over a year at least and this issue just started for me like last week.

Same here. It started a week, week and a half ago. FYI, it is not something that any mobile carrier is injecting, because I've had the same problem on several Android devices, including two that do not have sim cards in them, and were connected only via wifi.

My ISP is CableOne, not one of the larger national companies. So unless my relatively unknown ISP just happens to be injecting the same problematic ad, to the same website (ATS) as national cellular carriers are, then it's a problem with the ad itself.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I was finally able to see that kind of ad -- black box with a loading indicator -- as I've not seen it despite trying for hundreds of page-loads on mobile.

But it only showed the box for 1-2 seconds, then became this ad for Wawa.

I checked the source of the ads, and it's coming through Google's mobile ads, which are usually very good about quality control. I placed an exception on ads from Wawa, but those can take up to six hours for the ads from one advertiser to be fully blocked.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I've started having the exact same thing happen just within the last week.

It's only happening when I'm trying to read ATS.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I'll let you know later tonight or early tomorrow if that corrected the problem.

Thank you for looking into this further.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just started happening to me a couple hours ago - first time I have had this problem.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It looks like the HTML5/CSS3 for the ad relies on "hardware acceleration" for a rather mundane animation effect. This poor design/coding, and will have the potential to disrupt some mobile browsers.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I had the same issue, literally brand new phone, galaxy s6 edge, 2 days old. Was posing me off so bad, turned off my wifi (wow: wideopenwest) and problem went away!

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Been getting the same thing recently. I finally figured out the best way to deal with it is to refresh the page (pull from the top down to refresh the page) and it'll go back to the page you were on.

Or, do what I was doing before: swear at the phone a few times, swipe the page away, and re-open it.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Ok not my wifi isp, it just did it 4 times, have to edit my post just to finish cuz it keeps doing it
edit on 5-1-2016 by neomaximus10 because: (no reason given)

Doesn't do it on main page, just when reading topics also
edit on 5-1-2016 by neomaximus10 because: Ad crap

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join