It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Media Manipulation? Claims to have support of women and minorities, but where are they?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So you equate intelligence with college degrees.

Uh, yeah. Right.

A college degree would add some critical thinking skills. That is very true. Even a degree in Liberal Arts and Humanities. A degree in English. Even a Certificate in Cosmotology, you have to practice your thinking skills.

Most Trump supporters seem to be lacking in those.

As for large crowds, many go just to see A candidate. Any candidate. For Trump, a lot of Apprentice fans. I have never seen the program. It is possible, that if someone ran for President and had been in a program I watch, I might go to see them speak for that reason, even if I didn't plan on voting for them.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not solely, but it is certainly a good indicator of such is it not? I'd DEFINITELY say that college educated people are better critical thinkers than non-college educated people since they teach that skill more thoroughly in college than in high school.
edit on 5-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I looked up Trump's platform to see what was to like about his plan for making america great again. He sounds like he is talking to a cheap date.

www.washingtonpost.com...

"On the U.S.-Mexico border, Trump would build a long, impenetrable wall. In the rest of the country, he would pressure the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants to “self-deport” — and, if they don't, round them up to deport en masse. Later, Trump says, “the good ones” could come back.

He also wants to go on a building spree.

Modern new VA hospitals. Better bridges, highways, railroads. A new floor at LaGuardia Airport, to replace that shabby terrazzo Trump hates. And, to pay for it all, Trump would not raise taxes. He’d lower them.

Instead, Trump would get other countries to start paying the United States large new sums of money — and agree to receive nothing in return. China, for instance, would pay for new tariffs. Mexico would even pay for America’s new border wall."

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Trust me, in this day and age, I would never confuse education level with intelligence, lol.

But it's interesting that the demographic with the least exposure to leftist institutions tend to support Trump in higher numbers.

Interesting, but not that surprising.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1

Trust me, in this day and age, I would never confuse education level with intelligence, lol.

But it's interesting that the demographic with the least exposure to leftist institutions tend to support Trump in higher numbers.

That makes little sense. That seems to say all institutions that impart degrees are leftist.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Of course you wouldn't. It disagrees with your worldview to do so.

It's also interesting that college educated conservatives all don't support Trump but support Cruz or Rubio. Though are you trying to suggest that Cruz and Rubio are liberals?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

That makes little sense. That seems to say all institutions that impart degrees are leftist.

That's pretty much the belief among the right. Though I wonder where they think college educated conservatives come from.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

They're all in his mind. He sees a few minorities in the crowd and automatically he thinks he has a huge following. All I know, he's also offended the handicapped, women, anyone who uses the bathroom, Muslims, and just recently fat people!

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
You did know most classes you take in post High School are completely geared for the professor's way of thinking , yes ? Just nod.This teaches NOTHING of the real world . I would rather have an ounce of common sense than a pound of the professor cramming loads of BS into my head. Thanks but no thanks. Ever wonder why the people in this country are so sensitive ? And exactly what is the PC crowd ? . Or some of the ridiculous statements I have heard from "college" educated kids . They cant teach a history class as it happened. It is the way the instructor thinks history happened.

And this horse crap is becoming more prevalent n high school and even earlier now...

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

They're all in his mind. He sees a few minorities in the crowd and automatically he thinks he has a huge following. All I know, he's also offended the handicapped, women, anyone who uses the bathroom, Muslims, and just recently fat people!

True. He has said "I have a great relationship with the Blacks" he has said "I have a great relationship with the Muslims". Odd blanket statements, that are unlikely to be true.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I found some
edit on 5-1-2016 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
From my UK perspective, it strikes me that Mr. Trump might be drawing crowds more interested in seeing an outspoken celebrity doing his (admittedly excellent) showman act rather than his ideas.

It's quite a macho display all told.

I suspect a lot of people might agree with his broad ideas, but wouldn't cross the box at the ballot box. Trump's credibility doesn't stand up well to close scrutiny and I don't think personality alone will be enough to satisfy most Americans.

Just my observations, of course.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: reldra
You did know most classes you take in post High School are completely geared for the professor's way of thinking , yes ? Just nod.This teaches NOTHING of the real world . I would rather have an ounce of common sense than a pound of the professor cramming loads of BS into my head. Thanks but no thanks. Ever wonder why the people in this country are so sensitive ? And exactly what is the PC crowd ? . Or some of the ridiculous statements I have heard from "college" educated kids . They cant teach a history class as it happened. It is the way the instructor thinks history happened.

And this horse crap is becoming more prevalent n high school and even earlier now...

NO. I will not 'just nod' at an outrageous over-generalization. The way you worded that was a little insulting as well.

I wonder how Trigonometry I took at University was just the 'opinion' of the Professor. As well as Physics, Chemistry, Public Speaking. Even Philosophy 101 was based on a widely used text book.
edit on 5-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Krazyshot:

I doubt you grasp my 'worldview', friend...even though I am sure you think you do.

And regardless of who supports who, I consider Cruz more conservative that Trump (Trump almost defies idealogical classification in some ways IMO), and I really don't see ANY of the candidates as true classic 'liberals' at all.

I do think Trump also has a degree of support from classic liberals, by the way. That is what I used to politically identify myself with, at least, back before leftism bastardized and co/opted liberalism.

Probably well before you were born, although I'm speculating on your age.

edit on 5-1-2016 by Maverick1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Ah, right. The latest act from the leftist playbook in fact seems to be : "Trump fans, they are all stupid, lets portray them that way, spread the word, plant shills and spread that narrative. Plant it in the publics mind! "

Erm... That is actually provable statistically though...

Donald Trump is polling better than ever. Here’s why.

That support is pretty even among the groups that were large enough to include in the pollsters' demographic break-outs. There's one remarkable exception: Education level. Trump is much more strongly supported by those with no college degree than he is by those with one. Cruz leads that latter group by three points (over Marco Rubio). Trump leads among those with no degree by 34.

The proof is in the pudding, good post

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus
From my UK perspective, it strikes me that Mr. Trump might be drawing crowds more interested in seeing an outspoken celebrity doing his (admittedly excellent) showman act rather than his ideas.

It's quite a macho display all told.

I suspect a lot of people might agree with his broad ideas, but wouldn't cross the box at the ballot box. Trump's credibility doesn't stand up well to close scrutiny and I don't think personality alone will be enough to satisfy most Americans.

Just my observations, of course.

Exactly, this is all like fantasy-football. Sure they are into it, but when the time comes - nothing will be.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join