It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America ready for a non-Christian president?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Presidency nor any other kind of state leadership is it Sheik or King.. has never been about faith it is all about POWER over other people and has always been.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Some of you are adamant on discussing whether POTUS's' have been truly religious, when the discussion is actually what people are voting for...
ie Christian values.

That's a whole different thread I wouldn't mind participating in, and so we are clear, I don't really see many Christian ethics in the Presidents I've been alive to see.
Nor the propagandists like Hillary or Trump who are lined up at the moment.

But let's discuss what people aren't willing to vote for instead, and the whys/what fors...

We can all agree that apart from Cruz not many exude Christianity.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The US constitution is unrivaled in the world, and is total separation of church and state.
The practice however, not a single member of the US congress admits to be a non believer.

That is statistical nonsense, 535 people, every single one of them believes in a supernatural higher power.
It's very sad that you are represented in the US by people who are manifestly lying and are forced to lie because otherwise they wont be reelected.

It is tragic that people who don't want to lie about their deepest believes, have to lie in order to get reelected.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: dollukka

I don't recall Saudi Arabia Turkey of Pakistan ever being labelled The Land of Opportunity.

Please don't derail the thread.

Land of opportunity.. is only a imago and that saying is not even from this century. IMHO every country SHOULD be Land of opportunity not just US.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Already happened. Obama isn't a Christian. He's a muslim psychopath hell-bent on destroying our country.

Congratulaions, I guess? Keep breaking those "barriers" and see where it gets us.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
We've already had the Jewish Dwight Eisenhower and the Muslim Barry Soetoro. Yeah, we're ready.

And some of these so called christian presidents....womanizers, B&E, fortune tellers....we haven't really had to many really devote religious anything much the last 100 years anyway.

Yup, I can't argue against that, and I heard that Nixon was so bad (read, un-Quakerish) that the Quakers tossed him out as a member. Just saying...

The whole country is not as Christian as it was in the so-called good old days, and we surely get the Presidents we deserve. The really, really good ones get shot.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

a reply to: Lazarus Short

Eisenhower was a Protestant.

That's news to me - can you back that up?

Short of a Seance this is the best I can do.

Raised JW converted to Presbyterianism.

hollowverse.com...
edit on 5-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

a reply to: dollukka

I don't recall Saudi Arabia Turkey of Pakistan ever being labelled The Land of Opportunity.

Please don't derail the thread.

Land of opportunity.. is only a imago and that saying is not even from this century. IMHO every country SHOULD be Land of opportunity not just US.

Every country isn't the topic of the thread.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
There is a Muslim in the WH right now. By the way he is deliberately destroying the country you will never convince me otherwise.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

We've already had the Jewish Dwight Eisenhower and the Muslim Barry Soetoro. Yeah, we're ready.

And some of these so called christian presidents....womanizers, B&E, fortune tellers....we haven't really had to many really devote religious anything much the last 100 years anyway.

Yup, I can't argue against that, and I heard that Nixon was so bad (read, un-Quakerish) that the Quakers tossed him out as a member. Just saying...

The whole country is not as Christian as it was in the so-called good old days, and we surely get the Presidents we deserve. The really, really good ones get shot.

America as a country has never been Christian at its core from a political leadership perspective - how can you say otherwise when Church separation from state is apparently a key value? The faith or lack of shouldn't therefore be even a condition.

link   

Almost every internet source shows Dwight D. Eisenhower as being a protestant. His mother having belonged to The River brethren, an Anabaptist sect. I find nothing noting he was Jewish.

link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
And yet you brought it up. The question is do you trust CNN poll its it credible or not. Somebody made this as a Muslim issue and it was not me

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
And yet you brought it up. The question is do you trust CNN poll its it credible or not. Somebody made this as a Muslim issue and it was not me

Brought what up?

The fact that Americans are more comfortable with a Muslim President than an Atheist?
So what?

Besides that I have no idea what you're talking about, no countries except the US were mentioned in this thread, except by YOU!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Some of you are adamant on discussing whether POTUS's' have been truly religious, when the discussion is actually what people are voting for...
ie Christian values.

That's a whole different thread I wouldn't mind participating in, and so we are clear, I don't really see many Christian ethics in the Presidents I've been alive to see..

Charlie, I was simply pointing out, by pointing some real lack of personal depth, that all we get are mouthing's and rhetoric and decisions often made for political considerations only. This may be safer in most cases because its easy to see through BS.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This religion thing in politics is doing my head in. I always assume that nobody could possibly be THAT serious about religion, that it is at best something you can say you belong to but you can't actually be serious about.
Spirituality, I can understand, because we all have a mind and thoughts and philosophies but religion?
How can anyone in this day and age take it in any way shape or form serious, to the extend as to worry about presidents?

I am really amazed by this. I would prefer any leader to be non religious [...blablabla Nazis were atheists, blabla Stalin blabla]. The reason for that is that I trust people somehow more if they don't succumb to some completely outdated and illogical belief.
It is in all seriousness as if you are telling me only someone who believes in Father Christmas can become president.

I am worried about people who 'fall' for religion, especially if they are in power.

At least if you do evil as an atheist, the only thing to blame is your own crappy character.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

You should probably back up your claim of Eisenhower being Jewish first. After all, you made that claim before the one above.

PS: The only non-protestant President we've ever had was JFK, so by default that makes Eisenhower Protestant.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
all politicians lie so they probably lie about their religious affiliation too anything to get votes. I always thought Abraham Lincoln was jewish.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

America has ALWAYS been ready for a non-Christian President. We wrote our Constitution so that it doesn't matter what religion the President is. However, the populace is likely not willing to vote for one. And the denomination that is the least electable would likely be atheist if not Muslim. For some reason, the religious are comfortable with voting for someone as long as they believe in a divine spirit of some sort, but as soon as you get your values from society and don't believe in a divine spirit, that is just unacceptable.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

It is wasn't a dig, Loga...

Just a clarification.

If I wanted to discuss whether POTUS's have been/are Religious I'd have said so.
Or made a thread about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The POTUS has no bearing on my religious faith, nor will he ever, so I could care less; however, our Foundding Fathers came from similar religious/religion backgrounds. Me thinks that the maj. were Protestants. The largest of which were raised in the three largest Christian traditions of colonial America!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join