It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The survival instinct, is it stronger in some?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
We have heard the horrible numbers of dead in the recent tsunami and quake disaster, but we have also heard many stories of seemingly miraculous survival. It is because some of us possess a much stonger will to live? Why is a family of six for example all in the same place all in the same situation, why do five die and one live? Is it all a toss of the dice, or is it that the sole survivor had a little extra will to live, do the ones who live, have a extra sense which sub consciously helps them decide which way to run, or which branch to hold on to?

We would all like to think that we possess this ability but I think it is a form of extra perception that we don't even know we have until it is put to the test.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
jeeze louise, It is amazing, There are many stories that we will not hear of that would be of a humble experence to hear. The one that comes to mind is the child that held onto a mattress at 18 months old, and to be found... to realize that as a Adult... Wow! At times it starts very young< I think everyone here can claim a time when our life could of been over... Many times for me.... However what made that happen goes back to your question, why its stronger in some... and not in others? A very good question, I hope the answer will come at the end of our life, To know... Did I do a good Job in giving it back. I will always try.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Jessemole Coming close to death and not realizing or recognizing what almost happened may be part of the answer, but is that fate or survival instinct? If you leave your house two minutes later than you were supposed to and come upon an accident, would you have been in that accident if you had left on time. or would the circumstances been entirely different?What made you leave late? Are we subconciously controlled that way?
However for the survivors of these disaster, I wonder if they count it as a miracle they survived or are they too busy greiving for the family memebers who did not? It will be years before the full implication hits them.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
jeeze louis,e, Greiving will be the first step... Asking why might be the next question, after that angrue thepoint, why did it happen, and Curse God or whom ever you wish to... One might come to a acceptence afterwards... After that, Understanding why you did not leave on time or arrive on time for reasons that we/you are still here and the question..Why me? How it hits all of those that where affected by any event that takes away life, The point is your a survivor. Regardless of fate, or survival instinct!
I suggest to go forwards, and share your chance to make a difference.
Thank you for this Profound Thread...

[edit on 7-1-2005 by jessemole]

[edit on 7-1-2005 by jessemole]

new topics

top topics

join