It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Lights above canberra 03/01/16

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
It's not ball lightning, most of it is just background lightning, the ball of light is just a bit of mischief..notice it doesn't reflect on the water when all the other lightning does, even though not as bright.

Water...what water?

I don't see any.

Did anyone notice the eerie sound waves after the ball of light...'explodes' (for want of a better term)..sounds sort of artificial to me.

If not ball lightning...a dimensional portal of some kind opening and closing briefly perhaps?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I tend to go with ball lightning. A very rare phenomenon and something I've only ever seen myself on one occasion and been certain that was what it was -- and I'm almost 60. (I was still living in Australia back then. But no, not in Canberra.) But out of the possibilities presented I'd take that one as most likely, even if rare. It stands to reason that with video cams being so common now, the chances of people capturing events like ball lightning are much greater than in the past.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
a reply to: smurfy
It certainly is something!

I do not think this is CGI however, it doesn't light up the surroundings like the lightening and is way diffuse.

I honestly think it captured a form of ball lighting or other storm phenomenon previously unseen or recorded...

Well, I have seen what we loosely call ball lightning, but not in a form like that, nothing like that. What I saw was flame coloured, fizzled and crackled, travelled from West to East at a leisurely pace, presumably on the prevailing wind we used to have here, fairly low, visible for about seven to ten seconds, although it did occur after a really heavy bolt of lightning, but nothing like the brightness seen in this video. This could be a 'higher' form though, perhaps because of the faint aurora present in the video, and the lightning.
As for not lighting up the surroundings, I thought that too at first, even said so, but it does.
So, apart from the place, we don't know much about the provenance of the video, or when it occurred, though it might be interesting if a radar picture from the time turned up.

Who knows, this may even be a BRIOCHE experiment that HARRP is supposed to be doing,

www.theguardian.com...

A sequence of pictures from the BRIOCHE project, (Basic Research on Ionospheric Characteristics and Effects)...let's just call it big bun, possibly from around 30km altitude, and ostensibly, Alaska, and Aurora orientated it seems.

edit on 6-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX

originally posted by: smurfy
It's not ball lightning, most of it is just background lightning, the ball of light is just a bit of mischief..notice it doesn't reflect on the water when all the other lightning does, even though not as bright.

Water...what water?
I don't see any.

Already dealt with that.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Any help?

originally posted by: JimOberg
Has anybody seen BASIC stuff like date/time, and viewing azimuth?

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

That is definitely a ball of lightning, good on whoever caught the footage because they are extremely rare but amazing

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I noticed the date of this video was "03-01-16", could be New Years related fireworks.
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It would have helped if the camera was in focus. I doubt that it was something done in post. It looks fairly natural. Probably some weird form of lightning such as ball lightning as was previously mentioned.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
it remind me an "alien attack" in a base a couple of years ago. And according to my little google search, canberra have lots of secret bases there...
edit on 7-1-2016 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Water in Canberra is Lake Burley Griffin.
Lake Burley Griffin

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It's confirmed the fake (CGI) by the same author from his last video:

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Yes, apparently there's as video on 'how I faked it' too.

au.news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join