It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF admit destruction of Palestinian crops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
www.imemc.org...

The Israeli military told Anadolu Agency in a written statement, Thursday, according to Al Ray, that it sprayed a herbicide that “will cause the surrounding vegetation to wilt and prevent its growth.”

The Israeli government have been destroying crops in Gaza. Thousands of acres have been destroyed. The IDF are conducting military action on civilians.

This has turned my stomach. I have written to Netanyahu informing him of my condemnation of this and that I am withdrawing my support for Israel until the Palestinians are better treated.

Enough is enough. This is polluting the whole world. I said in a thread here on ATS that if we allow barbarism it will soon bleed in to everyone's lives and destroy how humans value human life.

This time IDF you have backfired big time. So brutal have you behaved that you have today lost a friend who was very supportive of you. I will be joining the boycott of Israel, not just the occupied territories either, but ALL Israel until you stop behaving so barbarically. I am so disgusted with the actions of the Israeli government.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Plumb damned #ty.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Yeah, and the local council here in New Zealand use herbicide by the roadside to keep the underbrush clear of the roadways.

They "IDF" sprayed a clear zone to prevent overgrowth of shrubbery between Israeli and Palestinian areas (so no-one can hide explosives or shoot people over the border).

The article claims that the sprayed-off area is 3,000 square meters. To put things in perspective, that is equivalent to a three kilometer long strip, a meter wide. The actual length of the border which was being sprayed is (according to Wikipedia) 14 km, which means the sprayed area does not not even average a meter wide (assuming that the entire border was sprayed).

The linked website is often critical of Israel and never says a bad word about Palestinian terrorists. I could hardly describe its reportage as unbiased.

This linked website and one other (which claimed a different source for the same story) has claimed that the Red Cross had observed and reported that farmlands were being destroyed by the spraying. Yet I am unable to find any official Red Cross substantiation of those claims.

edit on 5/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

So chemtrails do exists ... at least above Gaza.

Here is another article illustrating this :

IDF admits spraying herbicides inside the Gaza Strip

edit on 5-1-2016 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Yeah, and the local council here in New Zealand use herbicide by the roadside to keep the underbrush clear of the roadways.

They "IDF" sprayed a clear zone to prevent overgrowth of shrubbery between Israeli and Palestinian areas (so no-one can hide explosives or shoot people over the border).

The article claims that the sprayed-off area is 3,000 square meters. To put things in perspective, that is equivalent to a three kilometer long strip, a meter wide. The actual length of the border which was being sprayed is (according to Wikipedia) 14 km, which means the sprayed area does not not even average a meter wide (assuming that the entire border was sprayed).

The linked website is often critical of Israel and never says a bad word about Palestinian terrorists. I could hardly describe its reportage as unbiased.

This linked website and one other (which claimed a different source for the same story) has claimed that the Red Cross had observed and reported that farmlands were being destroyed by the spraying. Yet I am unable to find any official Red Cross substantiation of those claims.

Rubbish. The article says "around 3,000 square meters of crops were destroyed" not some shrubbery.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ

the fact that the article claims it - does not make it true

further - 3000 square m sounds large

0,75 acres i guess doesnt sound oppressing enough

and its just a single feild - 55m square

yup - thats going to decimate the entire gaza food supply

just some helpfull perspective

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Do you know how small Gaza is?

Lol, look at the geography. It is tiny. They need every "strip" of land they can get to grow food. They are suffering very badly. Open your eyes. It is abuse.

It is not just a strip. It is IN GAZA, not Israel. It is Gaza side of the fence. It is an assault on civilians.

I spent a month in Israel. I can see what it is. Read the Jerusalem Post comments on that site. See how the Israelis are taunting and verbally abusing the Palestinians. I would be that full of rage, too, when that is happening to my family.

I give up on it all. It is having a very bad effect Internationally. I don't think Israel will have any friends other than those they buy in the world if this carries on.

Bob Dylan is a Jew. I am half Jew and this is what me and Bob say about it:

Bob Dylan "Neighbourhood Bully"

Well, the neighborhood bully, he’s just one man
His enemies say he’s on their land
They got him outnumbered about a million to one
He got no place to escape to, no place to run
He’s the neighborhood bully

The neighborhood bully just lives to survive
He’s criticized and condemned for being alive
He’s not supposed to fight back, he’s supposed to have thick skin
He’s supposed to lay down and die when his door is kicked in

The neighborhood bully been driven out of every land
He’s wandered the earth an exiled man
Seen his family scattered, his people hounded and torn
He’s always on trial for just being born

Well, he knocked out a lynch mob, he was criticized
Old women condemned him, said he should apologize.
Then he destroyed a bomb factory, nobody was glad
The bombs were meant for him. He was supposed to feel bad

Well, the chances are against it and the odds are slim
That he’ll live by the rules that the world makes for him
’Cause there’s a noose at his neck and a gun at his back
And a license to kill him is given out to every maniac

He got no allies to really speak of
What he gets he must pay for, he don’t get it out of love
He buys obsolete weapons and he won’t be denied
But no one sends flesh and blood to fight by his side

Well, he’s surrounded by pacifists who all want peace
They pray for it nightly that the bloodshed must cease
Now, they wouldn’t hurt a fly. To hurt one they would weep
They lay and they wait for this bully to fall asleep

Every empire that’s enslaved him is gone
Egypt and Rome, even the great Babylon
He’s made a garden of paradise in the desert sand
In bed with nobody, under no one’s command

Now his holiest books have been trampled upon
No contract he signed was worth what it was written on
He took the crumbs of the world and he turned it into wealth
Took sickness and disease and he turned it into health

What’s anybody indebted to him for?
Nothin’, they say. He just likes to cause war
Pride and prejudice and superstition indeed
They wait for this bully like a dog waits to feed

What has he done to wear so many scars?
Does he change the course of rivers? Does he pollute the moon and stars?
Neighborhood bully, standing on the hill
Running out the clock, time standing still
Neighborhood bully

Copyright © 1983 by Special Rider Music

Read more: www.bobdylan.com...

edit on 5-1-2016 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the fact that the article claims it - does not make it true

further - 3000 square m sounds large

0,75 acres i guess doesnt sound oppressing enough

and its just a single feild - 55m square

yup - thats going to decimate the entire gaza food supply

just some helpfull perspective

RT NEWS are reporting the same:

www.rt.com...

The Israeli military is spraying Palestinian crops with chemicals that “will cause the surrounding vegetation to wilt and prevent its growth,” media report. The IDF told reporters the elimination of the crops ensures the security of its personnel.

Last week Palestinian farmers cultivating land adjacent to the border with Israel complained that hundreds of acres of agricultural crops shriveled after Israeli planes had been spraying agricultural land for several days in a row.

After maintaining an unofficial “no-go zone” on the Palestinian side of the border with Gaza, the IDF is now seemingly implementing a “no-grow zone,” +972 wrote, quoting Palestinian officials who estimated the damage caused by the herbicide spraying at over 420 acres of land.

Israeli herbicides have destroyed plantations of bean crops, parsley, pea and spinach around the al-Qarara area in eastern Khan Younis and the Wadi al-Salqa area in central Gaza, according to report from Gaza officials, cited by Maan news agency.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I think many in the world are critical.

I have had enough. I am not supporting that which is so brazenly military and undiplomatic. Sorry, but the lives of Palestinian children mean EXACTLY THE SAME to me as Israelis.

It is an ongoing bloodbath.

I wrote a song and part of the song is this:

"One man's terrorist is another's hero
Don't you see that much is true
Condemned to this fate of unceasing war
When words of diplomacy might do
Blood for blood and eye for eye
Until everybody is blind
Still no solution to this violence
There is only one answer to find

Their hearts stay as still as a stone"

Live by the sword die by the sword. That law applies to Israel, too.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

news-flash - repetition on RT does not make it true either

ETA - the internal consistency of this tail is rappidly resenbling the stuff that dribles out of a cows arse
edit on 5-1-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to: Revolution9

I used to support Israel too, but I have no stomach for what they do to the Palestinians.

I was raised a Christian, and programmed to believe they are his chosen people and its like a get out of jail free card. But, after paying attention to what is really going on, I simply can not believe a loving God approves of this behavior. And if He (God) approves of their actions towards their 1/2 brothers, then I have to rethink the whole God thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Before I start, Bob Dylans words are not gospel.

Now that i've got that off my chest, if this is true it will change nothing. Netanyahu will have to pass away before there will be any change-his woe is me, cry wolf behavior is a lesson in hypocrisy and yet nobody has the gumption to criticize him.

We wag the finger at North Korea but yet North Korea has not bombed the hell out of it's neighbor for a long time. Maybe Net the yahoo should be reminded of the fact that North Korea has been a better neighbor.

No offense to the Israeli folk but your leader is a piece of work.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Funny...You reference NK and say they haven't bombed anyone lately. Technically, true. I don't think they've bombed anyone. But there have been shots fired and people killed by them. I seem to recall some action off their coastline recently. On the other hand...nobody has bombed NK lately. Or shot at them. Or fired missiles and rockets at them. So you know, apples and oranges.

If Israel was acting unprovoked and without reason it would be a different story. Your source is biased and the anti-Israel crap is...crap. Good on them for having the balls to draw a line in the sand and hold it.
edit on 5-1-2016 by stolencar18 because: edit

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ah yes, Israel, the "land of peace" as it's known amongst the natives.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Lol, look at the geography. It is tiny. They need every "strip" of land they can get to grow food. They are suffering very badly. Open your eyes. It is abuse.

It is not just a strip. It is IN GAZA, not Israel. It is Gaza side of the fence. It is an assault on civilians.

I spent a month in Israel. I can see what it is. Read the Jerusalem Post comments on that site. See how the Israelis are taunting and verbally abusing the Palestinians. I would be that full of rage, too, when that is happening to my family.

I give up on it all. It is having a very bad effect Internationally. I don't think Israel will have any friends other than those they buy in the world if this carries on.

Gaza has an area 360,000 m². Yes, it is small for 'nation'.

Perhaps the Israeli's are responding with taunts because they don't like being vilified, rocketed, bombed, shot and stabbed?

Perhaps if Israel really had the will to hurt 'Gazans', they could use the 'Gazan' terror tactics and push the 'Gazans' "into the sea"? Wouldn't that be ironic? ... but we don't see that, do we?

edit on 5/1/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Revolution9

Gaza has an area 360,000 m². Yes, it is small for 'nation'.

Try 360,000,000 square meters.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Oh how I hope your letter will change Netanyahu's mind... I admire your effort but world powers have been condeming Israel's actions for many years now and even that doesn't seem to work. Israel does whatever it pleases and it knows that no1 will/is going to do something about it. They now even openly admit something that we already knew was happening but would they have done the same thing if they knew they would get in trouble for it? Probably not, that again illustrates perfectly of how untouchable they are. You can try to boycott them as much as you want, the mayority of Israeli products get labeled offshore, so you won't even recognize most of their products. In France for example it is even illegal now to merely suggest or encourage an economic boycott of Israel. In a recent case, a group of activists were fined $ 14,500 for distributing pamphlets that encouraged people to boycott Israeli products. So yeah... Good luck.
edit on 5-1-2016 by ElectricFeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Every post that exposes terrorist israel counts. Evil spreads from good men not doing anything.

Listen to US heroine Rachel Corrie interview, conducted by Middle East Broadcasting Company on March 14th, 2003, two days before she was murdered (bulldozed) by the Israeli Defense Forces.

edit on 5/1/2016 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Oh liek they sprayed a HERBICIDE that will kill off the WEEDS SUROUNDING the Crops. Has anyone paid attention to th e wording of the artcile? And If israel is running the place then they do have th eright to say what can be grown there. Most of th e time the crops there were also used to hide weapons too.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Funny...most of the major world powers support Israel, or at the very least decline to say a negative word about it.

Perhaps because Israel is in the right...Good on them for defending themselves, even if they have to do it offensively. It's dishonest to say that there aren't people out to destroy Israel, so I'd say they've exercised great restraint.

I really wish people would educate themselves on Israel instead of watching Christiane Amanpour cry fake tears over her terrorist friends and actually buying it.

If this was Canada vs US, or Mexico vs US, and Canada or Mexico elected Hamas as government, and they fired rockets into the US over and over and over don't you think the US would strike back? If the exact same history happened in any other country everyone would be encouraging the defending country to strike back.

The terrorists certainly aren't in Israel. I'd even go as far as to say that people like you that support the terrorists trying to attack Israel are equally disturbing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join