It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason the Hammond Ranch is under siege?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You do realized I sourced that info in the initial thread right?

I don't count a testimony of a 13 year old, told 11 years later to be credible at all. Especially since the poaching charges would have been sought right then. Especially since it seems Dusty has some issues, and please for f's sake don't link that horrendous daily beast article unless you can source the police report related to it. I went through that in another thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Vector99

As for your remark about the cap on compensation, that is only one case of compensation. It's not like that case is the only compensation case that the state of Colorado has to see to or anything. Those compensation cases start adding up (and no not all of them are arson cases).

No, that is the total liability set as of now. Those inflicted by it have to fight to get a piece of it.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Well I guess they should have called you as a witness during the trial then, huh? After all you know SOOO much about the credibility of these people and their testimonies.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

more than you do, I actually looked into it.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

That's because I don't have a law degree and don't pretend to have one, though it's amusing to watch internet lawyers second guess court verdicts for trials they weren't a part of.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You do realize that the Hammonds are believed to have caused the arson to cover up wildlife poaching right? The government's arson cases were accidents. The Hammonds were likely used to cover up another crime. Kind of an apples to oranges comparison there as far as compensation is concerned. But then again, I don't see the problem you are going on and on about. People are getting compensation, and considering the government it's better than nothing.

As for your remark about the cap on compensation, that is only one case of compensation. It's not like that case is the only compensation case that the state of Colorado has to see to or anything. Those compensation cases start adding up (and no not all of them are arson cases).

How do you cover up poaching by fire,a grass fire no less?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

What? Poaching by fire? Where did I make that claim? What are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

uh....like right here?

"You do realize that the Hammonds are believed to have caused the arson to cover up wildlife poaching right?"

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf

uh....like right here?

"You do realize that the Hammonds are believed to have caused the arson to cover up wildlife poaching right?"

ETA: Oh wait NOW I know what you meant originally. Sorry, I had trouble understanding your grammar.

You cover up poaching WITH fire by setting fire to everything that could leave evidence like bloodstains or meat you aren't taking with you. It really doesn't take much thought to think about... And no one said it was a good idea either. Of course it was a bad idea, they are idiots.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

uh....like right here?

So how did you get that they were poaching wildlife through arson from that?

Cover up poaching,please pay attention.

"How do you cover up poaching by fire,a grass fire no less?"

You know,cover up,like in an attempt to hide?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
What if these guys were Indians from a reservation? My guess is the left and their mass media would be singing a completely different tune. The only reason they're being attacked by these people is because they're white and rural, their most hated enemy.

no it isn't...it's because they committed crimes on government land...that's it.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Read my edit.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This is sort of like double jeopardy - being tried and punished twice for the same crime.

It's not sort of like it. It IS double jeapardy. They served their time and then got sent back to prison for the same crime by a second court.

People keep saying ti's not. They are #ing totally wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

uh....like right here?

ETA: Oh wait NOW I know what you meant originally. Sorry, I had trouble understanding your grammar.

You cover up poaching WITH fire by setting fire to everything that could leave evidence like bloodstains or meat you aren't taking with you. It really doesn't take much thought to think about... And no one said it was a good idea either. Of course it was a bad idea, they are idiots.

So tell me how this can do this

This work has shown that flame residence times in grass fuels are on the order of about 15 seconds and maximum temperatures (observed at the base of the flame) are around 800 to 1000 °C.

Pets can be cremated either in usual crematories or the ones that are specifically dedicated for pet cremations. During the process, a pet’s body is placed in a cremation unit and subjected to high temperatures up to 1400-1800 degrees Fahrenheit.

On the other hand, larger animals like horse, large breeds of dogs, etc. are cremated in hours. On an average, though, cremation of a pet may take 45 minutes to two hours for more.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Speaking of fire, who wants to take bets on the final disposition of these guys? FIre seems to be a traditional response to defiance by the proles.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Sentencing a 73 year old to a mandatory minimum 5 years. He is right, it's basically a death sentence.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The government can't even manage our budget how are they going to manage our land?? The BLM has control of all the natural resources. Without resources you have no economy, expansion and growth. They are selling BLM land to China for chrissakes. So what now are we going to buy our resources back from China as they get it from our own land? This is ludicrous!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sean

Well this time it was Australian/Canadian firms, better than China, but still WTF!!! Why not let Americans mine America? Oh yeah, kickbacks and payoffs.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sean
The government can't even manage our budget how are they going to manage our land?? The BLM has control of all the natural resources. Without resources you have no economy, expansion and growth. They are selling BLM land to China for chrissakes. So what now are we going to buy our resources back from China as they get it from our own land? This is ludicrous!

Technically speaking.. or legally.. however you really want to look at it, "Federal" groups have ZERO right to be managing land. The only land they are legally allowed to be in control of consists of Washington D.C... and assisting plots (airports, military bases, etc). "Federally protected land", and things of that nature are complete BS and are illegal.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

They sell it off to the highest bidder. They fool the populace into thinking agencies such as the BLM are for the best interest. Really all they are is a geological surveyor finding "turtle habitats" above resource rich grounds.
edit on 7-1-2016 by Vector99 because: I said under

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join