It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason the Hammond Ranch is under siege?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

This thread has nothing to do with the militia.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Or guns. It's actually a thought provoking topic that I would like to follow.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatmakesyouright

Or guns. It's actually a thought provoking topic that I would like to follow.

I'm looking up more financial connections, GBA Strategies is an interesting one so far, that is their client list of elected officials. Looking at it, it makes sense they would donate nearly $39,000, AND $37,000 to Governor Kate Brown's campaign source.

Not sure if it will lead anywhere, but that's a huge amount compared to other donors to the campaign

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The more I read about the history and back story of this debacle, the more disturbed I am by the feds actions provoking this response... I can't find much sympathy for the Bundys and their methods, but neither can I find much contempt for their outrage either.

I found an interesting comment here with some history of the long-standing ongoing abuse of powers by the feds (going back to the '90s), as well as a USA map showing the ridiculously high percentage of land the feds own/control in the west.

And a conservative website has some disturbing background (with several source links) on the Obama-appointed federal prosecutor who demanded increased jail time for the Hammonds.

Here's one perspective on the "endgame," which may or may not be valid, but there's plenty of info in there that shows it's not just in Nevada or Oregon, but all over the west:

Agenda 21: The BLM Land Grabbing Endgame

Just sharing it all here for those interested in both the big picture and the background details.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
OP; After reading through this and other related threads, I am yet (correct me if I missed it) to see Bundy or any others included in this stand off make these claims. Wouldn't he get a bit more support if this actually was his reason for his actions?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Im2keul

Well this is about the Hammonds. The only thing the Bundys did here was bring attention to the situation, for that I'm thankful. Do I think they did it in the right way? Nope, but it worked.

The Bundys blog does have a page from Nov 2015 with a run down of the details of the case. Source

Seeing as I haven't seen any news regarding the Uranium and Gold deposits on the land other than what I sourced, I don't think anyone else has made that connection to be honest. I don't get how, it's blatantly obvious.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Im2keul

Seeing as I haven't seen any news regarding the Uranium and Gold deposits on the land other than what I sourced, I don't think anyone else has made that connection to be honest. I don't get how, it's blatantly obvious.

Sorry, that came out wrong. I'm not accusing you of anything. Good find. Not sure if I buy the theory but it does make me think. S&F
edit on 5/1/2016 by harvestdog because: edit

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

The only reason they're being attacked by these people is because they're white and rural

No, it's because they're criminals, but being rednecks certainly doesn't help.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog
I didn't see that vid, I guess I'm not the first to find the info and correlate it.
edit on 6-1-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
There's a ton of rare Earth minerals in Afghanistan and people thought that there was a conspiracy to secure them with our troops being sent there. In over 10 years there hasn't been really any indication that's the case at all.

Hell, we haven't even let US oil companies go in and raid Iraq's oil supply after we toppled Saddam.

I think for these types of conspiracies to have any legs, we'd have to see some kind exploitation of these valuable resources at some point...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
There's a ton of rare Earth minerals in Afghanistan and people thought that there was a conspiracy to secure them with our troops being sent there. In over 10 years there hasn't been really any indication that's the case at all.

Really?

Hell, we haven't even let US oil companies go in and raid Iraq's oil supply after we toppled Saddam.

We let isis do it

I think for these types of conspiracies to have any legs, we'd have to see some kind exploitation of these valuable resources at some point...

Isn't there some serious turmoil over Turkey buying isis oil?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

But your source says that they aren't allowed to do them anymore because of the screw up. So what's the problem? Did you want to arrest the entire state government of Colorado or something? I'm confused what you think should have been done here.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ask this guy

Two years after a fire set by state workers killed his wife, destroyed his home and burned his business equipment, Scott Appel is awaiting word on whether the legislature intends to compensate him.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Did you read your source?

Jefferson County District Judge Dennis Hall last week dismissed state Attorney General John Suthers' objections to North Fork homeowners' request that he enter a judgment of $16.4 million — an amount earlier awarded them by an independent panel of retired judges.

That was $5 million more than the State Claims Board was willing to pay.

Looks like the dispute is over how much the state is willing to pay and not whether he is getting compensated or not. In fact, it looks like he's even going to get the original amount awarded and the state's appeal has been rejected. So again, what's the problem?
edit on 6-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Did you read the article? That isn't an individual compensation, that is how much the state is going to be held liable for ALL the damages...

homeowners'

it's plural.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

So your complaint is that they aren't going to receive enough money then? How much is "enough" money?

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Well actually you asked me for an example of government arson, I provided it.

Compensation issues regarding it? Well I don't think there should be a "cap" set on it. The gov fudged up, they pay until the bill is settled. It goes that way for you and I.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Considering that money is tax money, are you sure you want to say there shouldn't be a cap on it? And the reason I asked for examples of government arson is because you were talking about the government being able to get away with arson, but even in the examples you provided the government is being held responsible and even making corrective actions to prevent future occurrence.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

It's pennies in terms of tax dollars.

As far as getting away with it? They killed 3 people and caused a hell of a lot more than 18 million in damages (the new cap set, it's still going on).

So yea, i'd say the government got away with arson with money, at a discounted rate at that. Something that isn't an option for the Hammonds, even though they paid money too.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You do realize that the Hammonds are believed to have caused the arson to cover up wildlife poaching right? The government's arson cases were accidents. The Hammonds were likely used to cover up another crime. Kind of an apples to oranges comparison there as far as compensation is concerned. But then again, I don't see the problem you are going on and on about. People are getting compensation, and considering the government it's better than nothing.

As for your remark about the cap on compensation, that is only one case of compensation. It's not like that case is the only compensation case that the state of Colorado has to see to or anything. Those compensation cases start adding up (and no not all of them are arson cases).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join