It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ryan Bundy Just a Mormon Extremist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Phage i know you hate mormons, i know you hate bundy but please, tell me how could you possibly hate People standing against what they 'The People' feel is Tyranny within Gov't.
I don't hate Mormons and if that's what you think this thread is about you are not very bright. I don't hate Bundy, I wouldn't exert the effort on such an idiot. As I pointed out, I myself have stood up against the government so obviously I have no problem with people doing so.

The thought of people actually defending their rights nowadays is by holding posters up in front of the White House that say 'I'm angry stop destroying America right now or else'. That's not going to do a damn thing.
Correct. It takes a lot more than that. With good reason. Because a few people do not make something right. Nor, surprisingly enough, do a majority of people. Like it or not, and not being from here you may not understand that.

My G. Grandparents would be in Shock, traumatized if they could see the world right now.
My grandfather would not be shocked. He knew that things change. Always. He would be thrilled by many things, and yes, probably not so thrilled by many. His world was no different in that regard. I didn't know my great grandfather.

edit on 1/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yes, and thanks for that link. I know they were a cult, like the JW cult and all other cults and Xianity and Muslim cult too along with hundreds of others who pretend their God is the only God to be feared and loathed in sync. But to me, and others, they are as harmless right now in our day and age as the JW's who knock on doors trying to sell their belief system. Thank the tree fairy's they don't kill maim and destroy Women and Children and Men nowadays though for not following their demands eh?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

You'd be surprised how silently mormons are connected as far as business goes. They take care of their own. It is a cult.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thankyou very much for your not very bright remark. I just love it when i'm treated respectfully it fills me with utter glee. I said Hate' however i shouldn't have used that word, what i should have used was dislikable idiot? forgive me a second time for not being precise in my response your highness. 'i jest'. You have no idea if i am there or not, i may be english but i have not stated i wasn't 'there' so that is another assumption by you i'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Yes i know like the many other cults, too vast to keep up with. I think all Religions are loony based anyways, i'm just not sure this guy is a nutcase simply because he's Mormon and wants to defend his rights. Maybe i'm wrong i don't know but it seems like people take the side of the Devils advocate far more often than the little guys, you know?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
You're right it was an assumption based on your lack of knowledge of US history. My apologies. A faulty assumption, obviously, since many US citizens display a similar lack of knowledge. Both of history and of how the government works.

edit on 1/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
And look, i actually like most of you guys here, and you too Phage, i don't want to argue. I'm just trying to convey what i think from my point of view the best way that i can, that's all. Ok?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

The very fact he resorted to armed activity tells me all i need to know. The religious ramblings don't help his cause either.
edit on 5-1-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

To answer your questions..

Is Bundy a Mormon extremist? Depends on your personal definition of extremism....

Are bundys actions indicative of typical mormonism? Not as far as I can discern.

Should we keep an eye on temples across th country? Not anymore than the 7-11 down the road....

A2D

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Ronald Reagan declared himself a sagebrush rebel in an August 1980 campaign speech in Salt Lake City, telling the crowd, "I happen to be one who cheers and supports the Sagebrush Rebellion. Count me in as a rebel."

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

well, having lived in Utah for 10 years in the 90's....I think ALL Mormons in that State should be watched

but that's my opinion and I'm kinda a crabby biatch.....

as for the taking of a Federal building and the Bundy/Hammond fight in OR......again, having lived in the West for most of my adult life, I have seen the thugs within the BLM bully and terrorize backpackers, hikers and mt bikers....I have heard other stories of families being essentially thrown off their land became the government wanted it......and I'm sympathetic their their cause....however, I think they've made a PR and "tactical" mistake by occupying that building....and even more so if children were really brought in....it just stinks of Waco......

on the other hand, it IS time for a revolution of some kind in this country......LONG past due, I say.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Is Bundy an extremist or is his viewpoint typical of Mormons? Should the government be keeping a watchful eye on temples across the country?

Well played. Let's bomb Utah

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Since he likens himself to Captain Moroni I thought I would see what it said that person was.

Who Is Captain Moroni?
According to LDS scripture, Captain Moroni took command of the Nephites when he turned 25. Moroni innovated weaponry, strategy and tactics to help secure the safety of the Nephites, and allow them to worship and govern as they saw fit.

In LDS texts, Moroni prepares to confront a corrupt king by tearing off part of his coat and turning it into a flag, hoisting it as a “title of liberty.” This simple call to arms inspired a great patriotism in the Nephites, helping to raise a formidable army. Vastly outnumbered, the corrupt king fled. According to the Book of Mormon, Captain Moroni continued to push for liberty among his people.

If he really likens himself to Moroni then he may want to be like Moroni and govern as they please. IMO if the names were switched with Islamic names there would be a whole lot of people screaming HELL NO we aren't having any of that Sharia law in this country.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Bundy also confirmed to OPB that the family’s motivation in this occupation is rooted in belief that their action is the modern-day equivalent of Captain Moroni’s “title of liberty.”

“This is just like that,” Bundy said. “My Mormonism plays a large part in what I do … the biggest part.”

www.opb.org...

While the actions of Bundy cannot, so far, be legally considered to be domestic terrorism, his call to arms for fellow "patriots" in support of his occupation of federal property and rumours that he has brought children into the site are troubling.

Is Bundy an extremist or is his viewpoint typical of Mormons? Should the government be keeping a watchful eye on temples across the country?

So,Black Lives Matters isn't extremest even though they kick "non-Africans" off public space through threat of violence and attacking innocent people just because they have white skin or call for the killings of police and white people, but these guys who are actually protesting peacefully ARE extremists?

Let me guess, it's because they're white and liberals feel the need to label them terrorists to prove how not racist they are?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

forces your family to war with other countries and then demands you OBEY them or else? If this was 200 yrs ago, the Men would have told their Govt to shove it so far up their pipe it would never see daylight again. Oh wait... they did that..

Yes. I did that more than 40 years ago. And I didn't break the law in the process. Nor did I do it in the name of my religion.

No, but you complied under threat of violent force.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

None of this applies?

Under current United States law, set forth in the USA PATRIOT Act, acts of domestic terrorism are those which: "(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;(B) appear to be intended— (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States."

Wikipeidia

Seems to me he's (A) breaking the law and (ii) trying to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion...

So, under federal law he's a domestic terrorist?

YOu know the government does this very thing to us all, everyday?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapTheGinkels

Well played. Let's bomb Utah

Well played? Is there a world wide Mormon terrorist problem I dont know about? You guys arent very good at making comparisons. Islamic terror is real. They are waging war all over the planet.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

If ISIS are Muslim terrorists then this man is a Mormon terrorist.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well played? Is there a world wide Mormon terrorist problem I dont know about? You guys arent very good at making comparisons. Islamic terror is real. They are waging war all over the planet.

I just think I get Phage's point and not getting into an hissy fit over his OP. Personally I find this thread hilarious.

edit on 5-1-2016 by SlapTheGinkels because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2016 by SlapTheGinkels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

a reply to: Guyfriday

The group you're referring to would just get more extreme with their behavior until death from one side or the other happens. Luckily Bundy hasn't gone "THAT" route.
Give the Mormons time. No telling what they're up to. Better keep a close eye on 'em.

And...let's not forget, the last time this family called for an armed stand off things got violent. 3 people were killed. www.huffingtonpost.com...

Seems the family lost any credibility first time around because of this.www.washingtonpost.com... ry.html

In my opinion, yes. They are extremists.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join