It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear ATS, this is the only new year's resolution I've ever made and it is for YOU.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hello members, hello staff, hello lurkers.

In recent years I've let myself go a bit on this site and not contributed as well as I could have. For that, I am sorry.

The last couple of years have been real tough on me due to the outside world being plain rotten and a living hell on occasion. That's not an excuse and I accept full responsibility for anything I write or have written, but with new horizons just over the hill I thought it was about time I settled back down and commited once again to being more positive when it comes to posting.

I've been a member for enough time to know better and have posted through the many ups and downs of the site. I have learned so much without really knowing at the time, the most important being to read, think, write, read again, rewrite, THEN hit the post button. Something I have at times forgotten but something that has also leaked into my everyday life. No really big boo-boos here but shame on me for not practicing what I preach at times.

I am reminded of something I posted many years ago where I stated that the joy of coming here was to shed light where there is dark. That energy is returning and I think I will once again be able to hit that switch, especially for those who stumble along dim and hidden paths as I once did.

I'll try and create some special threads rather than just reply and when I have a new all singing all dancing computer I will share some more artwork when it is created.

You've been there when I was alone at christmas and other special times....I would be a fool to think YOU were anything but family to me, even if you don't know me.

This privilege is one that deserves respect and reciprocation and I hope I can fulfill my wishes for you and for me once again because after many years I have to realise that ATS is part of me and should not be anything but as good as I can make it as a contributor.

I don't know what else to say except THANKYOU for having me, happy new year, keep up the good work, and of course.....

Deny Ignorance

Luv Ya.

edit on 4/1/2016 by nerbot because: spellig

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Great thread nerbot

Through the good, the bad, and the ugly, ATS has served as a great venue for people to share thoughts and hopefully, learn a thing or two.

I know for a fact that ive matured intellectually and my critical thinking has improved thanks to this site and its members.
edit on 4-1-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
ATS is one of the places I come to feed my intellectual self. I find it to be a safe place to discuss nearly anything...no matter how 'out there' and get honest, measured feedback. I also look forward to being challenged by new ideas and philosophies. Overall this is a great online 'home'.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

I am reminded of something I posted many years ago where I stated that the joy of coming here was to shed light where there is dark. That energy is returning and I think I will once again be able to hit that switch, especially for those who stumble along dim and hidden paths as I once did.

I'll try and create some special threads rather than just reply and when I have a new all singing all dancing computer I will share some more artwork when it is created.

You've been there when I was alone at christmas and other special times....I would be a fool to think YOU were anything but family to me, even if you don't know me.

This privilege is one that deserves respect and reciprocation and I hope I can fulfill my wishes for you and for me once again because after many years I have to realise that ATS is part of me and should not be anything but as good as I can make it as a contributor.

I don't know what else to say except THANKYOU for having me, happy new year, keep up the good work, and of course.....

Deny Ignorance

Luv Ya.

It's all a learning curve mate, and we're all on the the same banana boat.

PS, sorry I am unable to quote your full post.
edit on 4-1-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Im pretty new here, I came to learn and share and I have learnt from you tonight

S&F

Happy New Year

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I'm a newbie here but have learned a lot. I like the different perspectives on things. seeing from all sides. cheers!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
In a way we at ATS are like minded people
And yes I have learnt a few things being
Here
We should have a ATS convention
Just wear a paper bay over your head
With your avatar showing

If you like use your tin foil helmets lol

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I read ATS more for the entertainment value - and am probably taking a 180-version of this resolution. ATS doesn't seem to be the place for the brand of discussion and topics that I'm really in to anymore. Doesn't change the wonderful and amusing reading that goes into things though.
edit on 5.1.2016 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Shugo

Yeah, I went through that phase too, but realise I have something to share and did a 180 on my 180.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: piney
In a way we at ATS are like minded people

I would have to disagree on that and say the fact that we have a whole world of different opinions is what makes this place tick.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I've left ATS many times in the past because of it. I think I've finally learned that it's just not the right place is all.

Part of the problem that many ATS members seem to have is because they've joined the board, they feel entitled to command a subject as an expert. I don't really have much use for that mindset. If I wanted someone to throw a temper tantrum because something is the way it is, I could present a subject to the school kids down the street.

Conspiracy theories were "serious business" when I was younger, but now they really only work for me as sources of entertainment. I tend to read through a lot of them as if they're bad B-Sci-Fi movies.
edit on 5.1.2016 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join