It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy Satallites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
If spy satallites are capable of zooming in on people's faces and car number plates, surely that would be very unreliable because clouds would get in the way, wouldn't they?

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Yes that would make them unreliable. That is why everyone will have an ID card in the future that can be geographically located anywhere on the planet by satellite. They won't need to be able to see your face.

My uncle got a navigator for Christmas for his truck that will tell him the next intersection he's approaching. In fact they can pin point your cell phone already. I'm not knocking technology, I'm glad I missed the horse and buggy days.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Maybe they could use some sort of infared to find you

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the technology up there is the opposite of what you say. Do you think they'd really tell the people, "Hey, we got a satallite that can read the little logo on the corner of your jacket". Of course not, because the public wouldn't stand for it and it would surely cause too much commotion.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
To be honest, i think that SOME people don't really care about being spied on, i mean like, at first they will think DAMN WHATS GOING ON but after a while the governemnt will find a way of changing THEIR minds. As for US, WE are different, WE are cautious, i'm sure in the not so far future someone will post a thread saying "How to Not Be detected"

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silent Smoke
To be honest, i think that SOME people don't really care about being spied on, i mean like, at first they will think DAMN WHATS GOING ON but after a while the governemnt will find a way of changing THEIR minds. As for US, WE are different, WE are cautious, i'm sure in the not so far future someone will post a thread saying "How to Not Be detected"

what makes "YOU" so cautios? the fact you put into power a idiot sadistic leader, the fact you did nothing and let the patriot act pass? Yes you americans really are great arnt you... fool. If your gonna be a blind patriot, at least get some other sense to guide you...

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by makavelli
I wouldn't be surprised if the technology up there is the opposite of what you say.
..snip...
Of course not, because the public wouldn't stand for it and it would surely cause too much commotion.

On the contrary I'm afraid. The technology 'up there' is very real and very powerful. In the book 'The Puzzle Palace' by James Bamford he notes that there was technology that could discern an 8 inch object from ninety miles up......yes that's 90 miles. That technology was available in 1971. Can you imagine where the NSA is today? It is rumoured the NSA stays 5 years ahead of current technology.....fascinating to say the least.

The public shouldn't and wouldn't know about these surreptitious details had it not been for the FOIA (freedom of information act) which provided much of the data. A lot of the spy birds & their black budgets are cloaked into other departmental budgets so as to not arouse a lot of commotion or public scrutiny. Label it national defence and you could probably put a satellite in orbit made of peanut butter

brill

"I think it's fine, as long as it's Christian prayers. Anything else is un-American." -George W. Bush

[edit on 9-1-2005 by brill]

[edit on 9-1-2005 by brill]

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
next time you look up at the sky you might be having your photo taken.
Does that remind you of Men in Black when K is zooming in on the alien that he likes, who happens to be gardening and looks up at the sky directly at the satellite

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
That is such a cool scene. Also Enemy of the State with Will Smith.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Of course not, because the public wouldn't stand for it and it would surely cause too much commotion.

How do you figure...

So far, the public has stood for:

1. losing their right for their vote to count (i.e. Diebold).
2. a bill that allows only a few members of Congress to pass legislation in an emergency, thereby directly circumventing the Constitution.
3. increasing government intrusion into privacy and freedom in the name of security
4. putting the US international reputation in the toilet.
5. an administration that led us into war under false pretenses.

Not only has the public stood for it, but they then shouted "mmm! Give me more!" if number one is incorrect. Either way, it's a scary scenario, no?

Sounds to me like the public wouldn't give a #, and they know it.

new topics

top topics

join