It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A rather simple question about Genesis.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Forgive my lack of understanding on this as it may seem like a very simple question.

When the bible says that God created Adam in his own image is it supposed to be interpreted literally?

Does it mean that he created him physically in his own image or does it imply that he created him with specific values and abilities, a moral code as it were?

We usually try to instil certain values in our own children so is which one is the generally accepted interpretation please?

A human male already existing as a human male wanted to know about creation...so he thought.

Using his brain/mind the only condition that belongs to occultism itself...detailing spiritual information for the pursuit of using spiritual information for the gain of creation powers.

Using true logic about how a human being formed information is to know that a human being already existed as the consciousness making these statements.

How dumb is humanity anyway?

When you use your mind are you reflecting upon spirit.....the atmospheric body...the spirit that you named Christ?

Yes.

Is Christ as an occultist spiritual review oxygen as the Holy Ox 1000 and the holiness of water?

Yes, because the story attests to this condition, as human witness itself.

Therefore human beings as a male attested that he was present when God created Adam.

Therefore is Adam created in the image of God?

Yes.

Who believes itself to be the power of God...Creator...changer of creation...converter of creation....forming new creation and new acts in creation?

A HUMAN MALE....the occult Scientist.

Was the occult scientist self possessed by his own egotistical virtue and spiritual review.....by observation and use of information....OF COURSE HE WAS.

Therefore occult scientists today making statements about a natural human being's psyche, ought to take a huge look at their own egotistical selves....for you surely are the dumbest and most self possessed human being on Planet Earth.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: beenharmed

occult scientist...

that is a curious term I've rarely heard...

doesn't that just mean "non Christian" scientist?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: visitedbythem

First of all, any reference to the New Testament is not prophecy.

Secondly, not one of those verses, that you've cited, claim that the Messiah will be GOD (Yahweh or whatever) incarnate.

For all intents and purposes, the Hebrew people were looking for a man, not God incarnate, to come and rescue their nation.

Thank you for bringing reason to this thread with it's universes of speculation as if what was written in a book could describe a being like a creator God.The obvious point made by the writer of Genesis is they haven't a CLUE what they are writing or mean.The concept of a human even remotely being like a creator God is foolishness of the highest degree.It is even more ludicrous than believing there was a literal talking snake that is the evil being Satan.

There are many that will say out of one side of their mouth that God could not be a man then out of the other side that Jesus is God in one breath.This statement from Genesis is very easy to understand......man does not have a CLUE to what or who the creator God is.Anyone who believes they know ANYTHING about the creator God from reading a book (or some mystery being that lives in them) or mystical knowlesge has provided ample evidence of their abundant ignorance.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

regardless of our terms of communication...

would you consider that which is written about Jesus and what he supposedly said to be ignorant?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boscov
Yet in Genesis, GOD walked through The Garden of Eden, and called out to Adam, asking why he and Eve were hiding from him.

I think the answer is that stories are told in a way that the people of the time would be able to understand. That is why God "sits on a throne" and has a "right hand" where people can stand.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

When the bible says that God created Adam in his own image is it supposed to be interpreted literally?
To answer the question we need to look at what is the Image of G-D here and what does it stand for. What I am about to say is not mainstream and so requires one to think a bit beyond what is commonly understood. The Bible interprets itself and so would give you the crumbs which would lead you to your answer. I asked the same question many years ago and got no answer that satisfied my curiosity. However, I stumbled onto the answer a few years ago while studying another topic and all became clear. A Bible would be handy at this point because I can only explain it using the references. Lets look at what the Image of G-D is. The first problem here is that we are trying to look at it from our perspective, however the Bible (if you accept it as a Holy Book, originating from G-D using men to write it) was written from G-D's perspective being addressed to man. So, let's look at it that way. So when G-D says "Let us make man in our Image" He is indicating to something that exists. Now if the Bible says that G-D is a Spirit (John 4:24), how then can a physical body be indicated? if indeed He has a physical body it would make Him bound to physical laws since Adam was this nature. However, I am inclined to consider the fact that He created man with a purpose and not just based on a whim. The Bible speaks of one of G-D's characteristic's as "calling unto things which do not exist as though they do exist" (Romans 4:17). What if G-D was doing something so unique that He is employing this principle. Then Bible must provide me the crumbs to prove this as a possibility. We need a verse that explains the Image of G-D. Let's look at a couple of verses that speak of this Image.

1. 2Corinthians 4:4
2. Colossians 1:13-15,
3. Hebrews 1:3

All three say that Jesus is the Image of G-D. Ok now how does this relate to the creation of man?

The Bible says that man (born again believer)"was chosen before the foundation of the world...having been predestined to the adoption (as a child of G-D) by Jesus Christ Ephesians 1:4-5.
To consider the fact that one (who believes Jesus) could be chosen by G-D before the very foundation of the world should change the way we see things altogether. The possibility that I was predestined means that what I was pre-planned, and not a random fusion of DNA. This means that G-D planned to save man and adopt him as His child even before He created him!! This concept of predestination is key. Now look at Romans 8:29. Here it says," For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the Image of His Son..." This verse states that those who believed in Christ were predestined to do so, so that they would be conformed (future tense) to the Image of His Son, Jesus.
This means that man was created with the plan of Redemption already in place. You might be thinking how can the plan of Redemption of man be in place before he sinned? well read Revelations 13:8, which says that the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world. The sacrificial Lamb was ready for man immediately from the day he sinned...remember the tunics of skin G-D made for Adam and Eve. You prepare for the sacrifice before sacrificing. Meaning the Lamb was already ready. Everything that G-D does is pre-emptive even though it appears otherwise. G-D created man according to the Image of Christ so that when he accepts His plan of redemption, G-D would adopt him into His household as a son.

So the answer is Yes, it is a physical Image, an Image that made to be in the form which Christ would eventually come in, which then after the resurrection/rapture will convert to a Spiritual one as stated in 1 Corinthians 15:49-54 and1 John 3:2 .

King David had this revelation of his post resurrection body as seen in Psalm 17:15

I tried to simplify as much as possible for this is a challenging topic of discussion and I hope I have answered the question adequately. G-D bless

edit on 5-1-2016 by Kalren because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2016 by Kalren because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You're opinion is well reasoned. GOD's physical and spiritual being may likely be one, in that GOD is capable of being anything. However, we seek to understand GOD's natural state.

The concept of an all powerful, omnipresent being as described in The Bible is hard for Humans to comprehend. We can comprehend the idea of spiritual energy, but we also seek to experience GOD physically as well. The Bible personifications of GOD are an attempt to relate GOD to our physicality, our mental imagery and language of sorts.

Also, Humans struggle to imagine an infallible entity. To be Human, is to be fallible, yet we hit that mental road block about GOD time and time again, as we are told GOD is free of sin, free of flesh limitations, but we long to physically embrace GOD. I do believe GOD desires our presence as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

According to strongs it is

Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend) צֶלֶם tselem, tseh'-lem; from an unused root meaning to shade; a phantom, i.e. (figuratively) illusion, resemblance; hence, a representative figure, especially an idol:—image, vain shew.

But

What likeness? Are my kids like me? Either physically or in personality?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalren

Hi there

Those passages to not state that Jesus was a physical copy.

As per Genesis, it's a likeness. I would say that the perfection, righteousness and love is that likenes and the form was for our benefit.

Regards

David

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

In Genesis God say let us create man

However it's my opinion he was talking to the rest of his creation, particular to the animals and angelic host. It's clear that an US didn't create along with him as the next verse goes on to say that God created man.

This is going to sound not like I wish it, but I'll plod on

Take a nursery/kindergarten teacher getting ready for story time this kids sit around and the teacher says let us read the story of how God created the animals and humans and plants. Now these kids cannot read, the teacher reads and the kids watch, listen and learn.

What did the Angels etc learn? Later in that chapter he blesses man and tells them what the earth and the food to eat. Personally setting the stage for Satan to go against all that.

Regards

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

As far as I understand, there is no such prophecy of GOD himself coming as a mortal man, let alone to sacrifice himself to himself, or to Satan to pay some ransom, depending how you read the crucifixion story.
As Paul makes mention that had they (the bad guys) known ,they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory . There are only hints to but nothing that could have given away God plan for redemption of Man . God plays His cards close to His chest .

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

In Isaiah 61:2 it says "1The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners; 2To proclaim the favorable year of the LORD And the day of vengeance of our God;

In Luke 4:20 we read about Jesus quoting from Isaiah . "TO PROCLAIM THE FAVORABLE YEAR OF THE LORD." 20And He closed the book, gave it back to the attendant and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on Him.21And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing."… Notice that He cuts the quote short and leaves out "and the day of vengeance of our God. I think that He will return to fulfil the rest of that verse . Its usually called the day of the Lord . God works on His own timeline .

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me

The "Me" in this scripture is not GOD Almighty.

I think that He will return to fulfil the rest of that verse

Good for you.

God works on His own timeline .

Whatever! The prophecy has not been fulfilled!

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Psalm 82 might help with the who are the US .www.biblegateway.com... We also have in Deuteronomy 32:8 ISV 8When the Most High gave nations as their inheritance,when he separated the human race,he set boundaries for the people according to the number of the children of God.asFor the LORD’s portion is his people;Jacob is his allotted portion.

In Gen. 11 we read ISV 7Come on! Let’s go down there and confuse their language, so that they won’t understand each other’s speech.”

8So the LORD scattered them abroad from there over the surface of the whole earth, so that they had to stop building the city. 9Therefore it was called Babylon,f because there the LORD confused the language of all the earth, and from there the LORD scattered them over the surface of the entire earth.

It is how we get a pantheon of gods in human history .

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Psalm 110 gives a bit of context as to what is happening when David writes "1A declaration from the LORDa to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies your footstool.” biblehub.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
God is infinite is that correct?.....there not a place that he can't exist correct? (God is a spirit and is to be worshiped in spirit and in truth) that verse means that he is a spirit that possess an image right? also we are AFTER his likeness (resembling qualities) mind, soul etc....if he made man IN his image and he is infinite then ALL things are in his image...everything in the universe has two images...what you determine from looking at them and the fundamental properties of it....so...God's image would be the image of ALL things which means his image is the fundamental property of all things...What is the fundamental property of all forms of matter?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sorry....
edit on 5-1-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Is GOD in GENESIS associated with the NU? The ABYSSAL WATERS OF CREATION
And is ADAM associated with ATUM? The first CREATED 1 wonders...

IS THERE A CONNECTION WITH THE ABYSSAL E ABZU AND THE NU & ADAMU?

NAMASTE

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sorry...
edit on 5-1-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DISRAELI
"I would take this to mean that human life is self-aware, in a sense that doesn’t apply to other living things; intelligent and reasoning and consciously willing.

Various levels of self-awareness have been demonstrated in animals.

We're all animals here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join