It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Machete-wielding vandal leaves 3 pounds of bacon at Florida mosque

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Liquesence

a reply to: Liquesence

Does a muslim cafeteria lady at an elementary school have the right to choose not to make hotdogs and place them on the lunch tray for students?

Possibly. And likely, but this is a more complicated issue. On the one hand, she shouldn't have taken the job if she can't perform her duties; on the other hand, her religion specifically forbids handling or consuming pork and we have the right to not be persecuted because of our religion (which is completely different than the cake issue, or the Christian pharmacist who refuses to sell BC, etc).

And I see where you're headed with this.

I don't see it as any different whatsoever from the cake issue. On the spiritual health issue, it is exactly the same. You are doing something that supports or contributes to something you detest or find spiritually unhealthy.

Persecution? How so? Individuals may hate your muslim belief system and they may do gross things like smear bacon on the doorknob of a mosque, but persecution? Get real. I don't think so. If anything, Americans bend over backward to accommodate the muslim religion. Christians are more persecuted than muslims in today's world.

Jesus Christ does no one read or understand?

Baking the cake is not sinful. Making the cake FOR a gay couple is not sinful.

The bakers are not engaging in homosexuality by baking it.

Touching/handling/eating pork IS considered sinful specifically.

Two. Different. Issues.

PS: I meant religious persecution in general, not specifically against Muslims or coddling them as some of you may believe. I mean true persecution, you know, persecution insofar as one of the main reasons some of out ancestors left Europe, whereby the simple act of wanting to practice your religion was frowned upon and sometimes punishable.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
In my opinion as the cake issue goes, I think the owners should not have to act against their conscious.
(i.e. conscientious objector, if it is good enough for war surly its good enough for baked goods.)

As far as My opinion on what Christ would do?
I think Christ would take the Cake break it into pieces feed 5000 Homosexuals then tell them to go and sin no more.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Holy Moly! Do YOU not understand. Baking the cake for a gay wedding is EXACTLY the same thing in that baker's eyes. It is providing, contributing, supporting, and in essence agreeing to something that is detestable to him. That act (baking a cake for a gay marriage) is tantamount to "touching the unclean thing", participating in an unclean act.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Baking the cake for a gay wedding is EXACTLY the same thing in that baker's eyes. It is providing, contributing, supporting, and in essence agreeing to something that is detestable to him. That act (baking a cake for a gay marriage) is tantamount to "touching the unclean thing", participating in an unclean act.

It's not the same.

Baking a cake for a gay is similar to a Muslim touching pork? Better not sell them invitation to the wedding either. Or rent them a tux. Or etc.

Basically what you're saying is that it would be ok for a Muslim to refuse to sell salt or breadcrumbs to a person if he knew that person was planning on seasoning his or her porch chop before cooking, which is BS and why these two issues are different.

Completely different.

Shame you can't see that.

I bet that baker sells to sinners EVERY SINGLE DAY. Fornicators and adulterers and sinners of every shape and form (because everyone is a sinner in God's eyes). What makes homosexuality that much more detestable and more sinful?

edit on 4-1-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

And as far as that goes, I agree that Jesus wouldn't have any issues baking a simple cake for anyone.

The issue is the participation in something that is seen as a mockery of what God has decreed a wedding to be - the cake is incidental.

Just like the fact that it's raw meat has nothing to do with it for the Muslim; it's the type of raw meat that is the issue.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And as far as that goes, I agree that Jesus wouldn't have any issues baking a simple cake for anyone.

The issue is the participation in something that is seen as a mockery of what God has decreed a wedding to be - the cake is incidental.

Just like the fact that it's raw meat has nothing to do with it for the Muslim; it's the type of raw meat that is the issue.

I agree with you totally.
I think Christ would bake the cake and multiply it (like the fish and loaves) to show them, he is who he says he is, then tell them to go and sin no more, in hopes that they might listen to him. LOL
edit on 4-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Man decrees what weddings are not god.
Doesn't matter now though equality and the right thing won.
Just think never will it change.
And the world didn't end because of it.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. On a spiritual health level, knowingly baking a cake for a gay wedding is the same as touching pork. Both acts lose you spiritual points evidently. But, different strokes for different folks, I guess.

And as far as the baker selling to fornicators and adulterers every day, how would he know? He is not going to ask each and every person coming into his bakery whether he is a fornicator or not, but I would bet if asked to bake a cake with a lewd picture on it, he would refuse.

edit on 4-1-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: ketsuko
Man decrees what weddings are not god.
Doesn't matter now though equality and the right thing won.
Just think never will it change.
And the world didn't end because of it.

Point one... Opinion
Point two... Opinion
Point three... False. It obviously changed there was once no Gay Marriage now there is.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

My point was there is gay marriage and ut will not be changed or withdrawn also its just marriage now.
Opinion yeah but a better opinion than God said marriage Is for man and woman only seeing man made and write all the holy books not god.

edit on 4-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

My point was there is gay marriage and ut will not be changed or withdrawn also its just marriage now.

I am just trying to get your goat.

edit on 4-1-2016 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I think it was an upset delivery boy who didn't get tipped when he arrived. So it's all to do about nothing.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: SLAYER69

ROFL!!!

Mannnn Im getting hungry! ! ! ! !

Ok, found this

Pig meat, in all its wonderful variations—pancetta, lardo, speck, coppa, and prosciutto to name just a few—is haram (forbidden) in Islam. The Quran (6:145) states: “[Prophet], say, ‘In all that has been revealed to me, I find nothing forbidden for people to eat, except for carrion, flowing blood, pig’s meat—it is loathsome—or a sinful offering over which any name other than God’s has been invoked.’”

www.psmag.com...

Good to know cannibalism is acceptable.

Cannibalism ?
You a pig ?
Or do you believe the antisemitic BS that Allah transformed Jews into pigs ?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yeah..let us tackle the Muslim when we have done such a nice job tidying up the black what racial issues..sorry to say but my focus is not on the Anti-Muslim fear mongering from both sides of the political arena as it is hardly a US problem...I pretty confident that the Jews and Christians have a few notches on the post as far as crimes perpetrated against them in the country based on religion..

(post by TheRightMan removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

ROFL!!!

Ok, found this

Pig meat, in all its wonderful variations—pancetta, lardo, speck, coppa, and prosciutto to name just a few—is haram (forbidden) in Islam. The Quran (6:145) states: “[Prophet], say, ‘In all that has been revealed to me, I find nothing forbidden for people to eat, except for carrion, flowing blood, pig’s meat—it is loathsome—or a sinful offering over which any name other than God’s has been invoked.’”

www.psmag.com...

Cannibalism ?
You a pig ?

It is my understanding that the Quran states that the only Jews that were turned to pigs, and apes, were those that were worshiping false idols, or calves. The Quran holds-up Judaism and Christianity as divine religions.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: M5xaz

ROFL!!!

Ok, found this

www.psmag.com...

Cannibalism ?
You a pig ?

It is my understanding that the Quran states that the only Jews that were turned to pigs, and apes, were those that were worshiping false idols, or calves. The Quran holds-up Judaism and Christianity as divine religions.

Divine ?
Only provided they accept dhimmi (second class) status and pay the jizya

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Thread closed.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join