It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone help me with this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I used to have deja vu feelings quite frequently, maybe 1 or 2 second flashes of a past memory( maybe it was a dream or a past life memory). Then about a month ago, I had a deja vu flashback, and it wasn't just a 1 or 2 second quick flash, it lasted a good 5 minutes. Matter fact, the event was so over powering, that reality was completely gone for a minute or two. When the event was done, I had no memory of what the flasback was about, but I was very freaked out, it took a day or two to get my mind off the event. Since then I have had no deja vu flashes, where befor this incident I would have at leat one a week, since I was a child.

Now I took this to serveral people, who really just tried to debunk it. One person said it was just a dream, well that's all well and good, except I was wide awake, and sitting at my computer, when this happened. Then another person said it was a "a reaction to taking drugs", this angered me, because I don't do drugs, and never have(with the exception of some weed, when I was a teen, but that was 20 plus years ago), I felt really insulted by that comment.
There were other goofy explainations, that arn't worthy of posting here.

I really have no memory of the flashback, I just know something happened, and I was "gone" for awhile. I have been baffled as to what happened, and it took alot for me to bring it to this board. I wanted to try to remember what the flashbacks were about, to give anyone who can help something to work with, but that isn't going to happen. A month later, I'm still miffed as to what happened, I'm thinking maybe a past life memory.

Anyone had this happen, and if so, do you know what was going on? Thanks for any help.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I have a feeling of deja vu often, it's quite common. I believe it's just a normal function of the human mind, not a paranormal phenomenon.

JAK

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Hey Ky Wildcat, I am afraid that I cannot shed any light on your experiences, but I have very recently had two discomforting and lengthy experiences with Deja Vu.

I have occasions had deja vu all my life, as I'm sure are many, and have never really given them a second thought. I just assumed that they are some strange brain function.

Twice recently, once I have realised what was happening, I have actually sat for a minute thinking it might be a giggle to see how long the event will last. When experiencing such a thing for a minute or so though it can appear much, much longer.

It has gone on for such a length of time that I have became extremely uncomfortable to the point where I have purposely moved to do something which I know is out of the run of events which I am experiencing to break it. I found after a certain length of time it left me exceptionally anxious, a result that I would never have presumed before. I was sure that I was the type of person who would find such an experience fascinating. Recently after these prolonged episodes, and much to my own surprise, I found this to be far from the truth.

Jack

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
Hey Ky Wildcat, I am afraid that I cannot shed any light on your experiences,

This is why I wanted to try to remember what the flashbacks were about. I would much rather give as much info as I can, but I'm at the point to where I need to know what happened. This in my opinion was the mother of all deja vu events to me, I came away from it so unsettled, and so unsure about alot of things.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by Ky Wildcat]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Ky Wildcat.... There is no reason for you to be alarmed over this. I have had something similar to this happen to me 5-6 times a year. I do not know the reason why this strange thing happens but it does get your attention. I spoke to my Dr. about this and he tried blowing me off by telling me that there must be some type of underlying reason and was probaly the result of a troubled childhood. I like you in one respect have had them at all different times during the day. I spoke to my mother yrs. ago about this and she told me that she too aslo suffers from this. After telling me what was going on she confided in me that everyone on her side of the family has this gift or problem depending on how you look at it. It is really weird though when I can describe a place in great detail without ever seeing it or traveled to it. Consider yourself lucky and blessed. This ability may one day save your life or maybe someone elses. Also, Im not trying to tell you what to do but I write mine down just as soon theeafter. Or I either record it. Either way is good. The most important thing I think is to get it recorded asap. The longer you wit, the more detail you will lose. Good luck and let me know how you are getting along.

[edit on 7-1-2005 by FLYIN HIGH]

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
FLYIN HIGH, it was never the small deja vu's that I ever had a problem with, it was this huge (it seemed)5 minute long event. Since then I've had no deja vu. BTW, that's a good idea to right down the info, as soon as it happens, I could probably get a larger picture that way.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ky Wildcat
This is why I wanted to try to remember what the flashbacks were about. I would much rather give as much info as I can, but I'm at the point to where I need to know what happened. This in my opinion was the mother of all deja vu events to me, I came away from it so unsettled, and so unsure about alot of things.
[edit on 7-1-2005 by Ky Wildcat]

Don't you have way too much time to keep exploring your own thoughts? People usually don't have that much time to twist dejavu and paranormal activity that much!! Why don't you just hang out and find some friends? This way of thinking CAN make anybody really crazy! Your mind is just not that prescious to be that busy with that!!

My personal opinion to this thread is that I do have dejavu often, and I consider that really normal. Just like everyone else does. And if I am relaxed, it can last for five minutes, while I'm awake. It is normal, but many people don't take any note of that, because it is the normal way of life!!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vertu

My personal opinion to this thread is that I do have dejavu often, and I consider that really normal. Just like everyone else does. And if I am relaxed, it can last for five minutes, while I'm awake. It is normal, but many people don't take any note of that, because it is the normal way of life!!

Well, I'm glad that I have you here to keep me in line, we certainly can't have too many people thinking outside the box, now can we?
While you may think it's "normal", that's fine, but I think deja vu, holds the key to alot of what is discussed on this site. But I guess someone like you only believes in things in the mainstream, and things that are easily explained. But glad you posted anyway, I feel special.

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Ky Wildcat]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i sort of agree with vertu that it is sort of a normal occurence. Ive had many expriences where i know ive done a thing before and feel weird doing it again. Long ones yeah ive had a few where they last 5-6 minutes. Best thing ive found is try to remeber what it was about write it down tell somebody just keep it fresh. Though it might drive you a little crazy figuring what it means. Hmm and vertu you seem to show up in paranormal posts trying to debunk everyone thats talked about and act as if its normal or crazy to see/exprience something.What are you a spy for the goverment or something hehe

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This is a normal occurrence. In my experience when I have experienced feelings of this type I can relate them to three things. I have found they have been connected to past-life, astral travel or my inner child warning me about something. You may wish to pursue these avenues in an effort to find your answers.

new topics

top topics

join