It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice from anyone else going through this situation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Too many cyanogens in the diet can lead to those nodules. They can hyperactivate the thyroid and unbalance it with the adrenal gland. These cyanogens are good in moderation but too much can cause problems. Iodine supplements taken for a week or two can knock them off. Isothiocyanates and some of the cyanogens in different fruits and berries can do this if they are over consumed. Even cyanocobalamin in vitamins can sometimes cause this. Everyone has different enzyme ratios so everyone varies in what they can eat.

Identifying what is causing this is important, more important than just taking the treatment.

Cutting back on raw cruciferous veggies often helps.
edit on 4-1-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Myomistress

I'm probably going to get a fine needle aspiration next and I hate needles

Me too. Don't trip, they need a sample of tissue in the nodule to do a biopsy to determine if its benign or not. They use a fine needle to lessen the pain. If you are sensitive tell them to numb the skin first with a "topical anesthetic". Its like a cue tip they rub a little at the site.

You won't feel the needle in the nodule there are no nerve endings in there. The sample return will take a few days, more waiting. Just take the next step and the next, try not to spin it up in your mind, wait for the results.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Gotta love Wkipedia...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thank you for all of the kind words and advice, everyone. I am certainly going to give an update once I know more information. I go to have my first appointment today with the hematologist to talk about my low white blood cell counts and we'll see what he wants to do about that issue. I'll also tell him about my thyroid tests and things as he may want to know in case both issues are related in any way.

Also to the person that mentioned glandular fever: That's actually quite interesting. I've had mono in the past a few years ago, but never had very many symptoms if any from it. My doctor knows that I've had it in the past though so I'm wondering if it were just a flare up why it would go overlooked. O.o

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Myomistress
Thank you for all of the kind words and advice, everyone. I am certainly going to give an update once I know more information. I go to have my first appointment today with the hematologist to talk about my low white blood cell counts and we'll see what he wants to do about that issue. I'll also tell him about my thyroid tests and things as he may want to know in case both issues are related in any way.

Also to the person that mentioned glandular fever: That's actually quite interesting. I've had mono in the past a few years ago, but never had very many symptoms if any from it. My doctor knows that I've had it in the past though so I'm wondering if it were just a flare up why it would go overlooked. O.o

I just got back from the oncologist/hematologist. He said that I have no outward signs of cancer and that my low white cell count could either be because of my mono diagnosis in the past (apparently some people still have low numbers years later) or maybe I have an auto immune disorder which could be causing my thyroid to pitch a fit. He actually told me more about my thyroid results than the people that are SUPPOSED to be communicating with me. -.-

He wants me to do another blood lab in two months and to still go and get my thyroid tests done though he does not see any possibility of cancer at this moment at all. I guess he wants me to get my thyroid tested to see if I have an auto immune disorder potentially making my thyroid get attacked.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Good that it isn't cancer! Good luck with your other tests!

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

One of my best friends had nodules on her thyroid. She had to have then surgically removed. They were benign. She still has a little scar at the base of her throat.

Hope yours are okay too, I'm sure they will be. Anything like that is worrisome. Your doctor will tell you if you need a surgeon. If so, get it over with. It's not a bad surgery at all.

I read somewhere fairly recently about some celebrity having the same thing. She was about your age, and her's were also benign.

Keep us posted, okay?

OOOOOh, just saw your update. See? It's going to be okay. : )

edit on 1/8/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join