It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC Carlos Condit was robbed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I was screaming at the tv for Robbie to finish him in the 5th, because I KNEW Robbie was behind. Yet the shameful disgrace of the judges failed YET AGAIN.
I wanted Robbie to win, yet I am also a huge Condit fan too. Condit is one of the most well rounded natural fighters I have ever seen, and he was robbed.

This thread will probably only get a couple of replies, because I know no one can disagree.

The rematch is gonna be AWESOME though! πŸ‘
edit on 3/1/16 by OpenEars123 because: My fingers are like sweet potato fries 🍟

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123
Don't get me wrong, I was screaming at the tv for Robbie to finish him in the 5th, because I KNEW Robbie was behind. Yet the shameful disgrace of the judges failed YET AGAIN.
I wanted Robbie to win, yet I am also a huge Condit fan too. Condit is one of the most well rounded natural fighters I have ever seen, and he was robbed.

This thread will probably only get a couple of replies, because I know no one can disagree.

I "disagree".

I also recommend watching that fight again. Cause you obviously weren't paying attention the first time, along with apparently not knowing enough about the sport.
Don't get me wrong...some decisions by judges in the past have been highly suspect....but this is absolutely NOT one of them.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The last two minutes of that fight was awesome.

Im of the mindset that you have to TAKE the belt from the champ. Lawler was never in serious danger. We all know Lawlers reputation of being able to withstand his opponents best and keep swinging. Condit amounted to nothing more than a sparring partner for Lawler last night.

If Condit didnt throw so many probing shots to keep Lawler distanced, Robbie wouldve ended him. Im actually not looking forward to a rematch. It wasnt aesthetically pleasing due to their contrasting styles.

Lawler v Hendricks & Macdonald were the jam!

That said, due to the controversay, there will be a rematch at some point and I will probably watch.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
The last two minutes of that fight was awesome.

Im of the mindset that you have to TAKE the belt from the champ. Lawler was never in serious danger. We all know Lawlers reputation of being able to withstand his opponents best and keep swinging. Condit amounted to nothing more than a sparring partner for Lawler last night.

If Condit didnt throw so many probing shots to keep Lawler distanced, Robbie wouldve ended him. Im actually not looking forward to a rematch. It wasnt aesthetically pleasing due to their contrasting styles.

Lawler v Hendricks & Macdonald were the jam!

That said, due to the controversay, there will be a rematch at some point and I will probably watch.

Condit is kicking around retirement.

McDonald vs. Lawler was the best fight I've seen to date.

I also agree with most of what I read in your comment.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

Hes 31 yrs old with a 30-8 record. He received a $50,000 performance bonus from the UFC and was a few kicks/punches away from being a champion.

Only an idiot would retire at that point. Especially with his fighting style...he doesnt take a ton of damage compared to the average MMA fighter.

Hes just steaming. Hes not going anywhere.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: RoadCourse

Hes 31 yrs old with a 30-8 record. He received a $50,000 performance bonus from the UFC and was a few kicks/punches away from being a champion.

Only an idiot would retire at that point. Especially with his fighting style...he doesnt take a ton of damage compared to the average MMA fighter.

Hes just steaming. Hes not going anywhere.

He talked about it BEFORE the fight.

Hear me now,
Believe me later.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Like six said, judges are not going to crown a challenger unless its an OVERWHELMING and decisive victory.

3 out of 5 rounds arent going to cut it.

Is it right? No.

Is it "political"? Absolutely.

I'm glad that MacDonald got owned.

But I like both Lawler and Condit so I would have been happy to see either win. I'm looking forward to seeing the fight.

edit on 3-1-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoadCourse

I "disagree".

I also recommend watching that fight again. Cause you obviously weren't paying attention the first time, along with apparently not knowing enough about the sport.
Don't get me wrong...some decisions by judges in the past have been highly suspect....but this is absolutely NOT one of them.

I respect your decision to disagree, but there is no need to be snarky.

I've been watching ufc since it started 23 years, I have been to many live events, and have seen every other event on tv/dvd.
Yes I might need to watch the fight again, and I 'may' have a different opinion. But whatever it is, it clearly won't be discussed with the likes of you, who clearly thinks he knows it all, when you clearly don't.

Wouldn't surprise me that you were in nappies/diapers when the Gracies took the world by storm. I was an adult when it happened.

Oh btw I've been a fighter (boxer) my whole life, and have done plenty of mma training too.

Thanks for posting.

Fact is, Condit still should have won on points by split decision.
Even Dana agrees, but what does he know right?

edit on 4/1/16 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I "disagree".

I've been watching ufc since it started 23 years, I have been to many live events, and have seen every other event on tv/dvd.
Yes I might need to watch the fight again, and I 'may' have a different opinion. But whatever it is, it clearly won't be discussed with the likes of you, who clearly thinks he knows it all, when you clearly don't.

Wouldn't surprise me that you were in nappies/diapers when the Gracies took the world by storm. I was an adult when it happened.

Oh btw I've been a fighter (boxer) my whole life, and have done plenty of mma training too.

Thanks for posting.

I will admit that I was taking a chance on commenting on your thread here.
For your headline is a straight lie.

As I said in another thread similar to yours,
Split decision means arguable.

Also keep in mind, I at no point said who I thought won or lost. I'm simply pointing out that the use of "robbery" or "badly robbed" is incorrect. And all of you who say that is the problem. You obviously don't know the sport, if you say that.

Check the stats.
Check the score cards.
Know the difference...
don't guess or repeat what you heard someone else say or wrote.

I would provide you with material to sort through....but you've clearly got your mind made up.

P.S. You were also wrong on the "snarky". But I guess I can see why you would jump to that conclusion now.

P.S.S. Your attempts at insulting me would only work if it bothered me.

Ultimately, I'm glad to see other fight fans in here.
Keep on keepn on.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The UFC is now nothing more than a slightly more real WWE, Dana has his golden boys already picked to win, his new pet is Conor McGregor. I give it another 5 years before it dies off, this is coming from a guy that started watching UFC when Forrest Griffin was the big deal

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I "disagree".

Thanks for posting.

I will admit that I was taking a chance on commenting on your thread here.
For your headline is a straight lie.

As I said in another thread similar to yours,
Split decision means arguable.

Also keep in mind, I at no point said who I thought won or lost. I'm simply pointing out that the use of "robbery" or "badly robbed" is incorrect. And all of you who say that is the problem. You obviously don't know the sport, if you say that.

Check the stats.
Check the score cards.
Know the difference...
don't guess or repeat what you heard someone else say or wrote.

I would provide you with material to sort through....but you've clearly got your mind made up.

P.S. You were also wrong on the "snarky". But I guess I can see why you would jump to that conclusion now.

P.S.S. Your attempts at insulting me would only work if it bothered me.

Ultimately, I'm glad to see other fight fans in here.
Keep on keepn on.

So all of your diatribe boiled down to my choice of vocabulary in my thread title, geez.. OK The thread title should have been I think Carlos Condit won. OK? Is that better? Or do I still know nothing about MMA?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeeAndrewCox
The UFC is now nothing more than a slightly more real WWE, Dana has his golden boys already picked to win, his new pet is Conor McGregor. I give it another 5 years before it dies off, this is coming from a guy that started watching UFC when Forrest Griffin was the big deal

Your right about Dana and his golden boys, but COMPLETELY wrong about it being anything similar to the WWE, and that it's dying out.

1 - This 100% pure full contact, no pretending.
2 - MMA is one of the fastest growing sports in the world, and is breaking records for attendances and gates every month.

So no its not got to die out in 5 years.

Being a boxer and loving boxing, I'm more scared of this sport slowly dying out.

new topics

top topics

join