It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M 6.7 Earthquake near Indian - Myanmar border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The quake occurred at 4:35 a.m. (6:05 p.m. ET Sunday) 20 miles west-northwest of Imphal, India, the capital of Manipur state, the USGS said. The USGS initially reported a preliminary of 6.8 magnitude before revising the assessment about an hour later.
www.nbcnews.com...

At this time, there are no reported injuries or property damage. According to USGS, looks like the depth was 55 km:

24.834°N 93.656°E depth=55.0 km (34.2 mi)
earthquake.usgs.gov...

There are numerous reports from witnesses that claim they have never felt such shaking before in their lives. Since it's still dark, damage can't be assessed until sunrise.

The first "big one" of 2016. With the sun in such an active state, 2016 could be a busy year for earthquakes.

edit on 3-1-2016 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Guwahati (India) (AFP) - At least six people were killed and dozens injured Monday when a strong 6.7 magnitude earthquake struck northeast India, sending panicked residents fleeing into the streets even hundreds of kilometres away in Bangladesh.

Six Dead as strong quake hits Northeast India

RIP.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

With the sun in such an active state, 2016 could be a busy year for earthquakes.

Surely you don't subscribe to this nonsense, Bonez?

Especially since the sun isn't active at all..

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Hi Chad,

I do agree with you that the Sun is at minimum, However what I have learned from you and others here, is the Sun does effect what goes on here on our Rock.

It's late, and I shouldn't be posting,

Please tell me different, that the Sun does not effect the earth.

Or maybe I am misunderstanding you.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

The earth, yes.

Earthquakes, not so much.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Just bumping to make things understandable. Geez, are we that dense and antagonistic to even discuss on the same terms anymore?

The OP said active intracyclically, within this 11y cycle. OP gave no hint of relativity to anything.

For the record there was a strong positive polarity coronal hole facing earth this earthquake.

We are 4 years too soon to be calling a minimum, it is predicted for 2020, plus or minus a semester either side, so jul19~~jun21 should be clear that a minima is in place.

And the data don't support minimum yet, anyway.

What we are now is the sun's equivalent to the equinoxes on earth, descending phase, after the 2nd peak of activity.

There's been no 3 months or 3 consecutive rotations without one M flare. Will upcoming 2173 be the first?

Take a look at this for instance, from NOAA daily data reports - if there was a minimum the mean should be 70, we are nowhere close, and there's still show of strength with a daily value above 130 on New Year, together with G2 class geomagnetic storm.

IV. Penticton 10.7 cm Flux
Observed 15 Jan 104
Predicted 16 Jan-18 Jan 105/110/110
90 Day Mean 15 Jan 111

top topics

join