It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia and Iran. A History Of Tension

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Ah, diddums. Your oft cited grievances against the US and NATO is another topic entirely, so go and create one.

However, with Russia acting belligerently against Ukraine, Georgia and Turkey, NATO is the only constraining hand. Is that the problem - NATO preventing overspill and containing situations?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The Saudis and the US are allies working together to overthrow legitimate nations in the ME, .....

Where exactly is this happening?

The thing is, as far as I'm aware the US isn't really getting that much involved.
Which is why the Saudi's are pleading with them to do so.
Which is why Obama is getting a lot of grief over back in the USA as many would indeed like to see the US more actively involved.

And could you please tell me exactly how NATO is actively getting involved in the Saudi / Iran disagreement?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Look into the history of oil in the middle east last century. Foreign politics/nations intervene when there is threat to oil control by the big oil companies. No one would care about any of these countries issue except for the money made from oil over the years.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

After the building is in flames, it is easy to not see the match that started it.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Trust me I am aware of the history of oil in the middle east in the last century. I made the thread to look at the uneasy diplomatic relations between the two in the last three decades. I didn't want to go into the whole who's aligned with who aspect and the oil side of it, if i had I wouldn't have been able to fit the OP on the first page.

edit on 262016262016bpm04 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Sure, not questioning that aspect of the post info. But it is the reality of much of what has stirred the pot. Installing and arming leaders doesn't always create love from the ruled citizens. Now it's impact (real or perceived) is spreading out.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

We can easily say that TODAYS problems are at all times monitored, prodded, and instigated.

Can you honestly believe that even one single thing going on over there has been without interference ?

Since WW2 I can say without reservation that EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM over there has ties to the USA, and many, many others.

USA 240 years old, the people controlling it are pros for THOUSANDS OF YEARS, Judaism, Christianity, all manner of groups.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Both countries government are pretty bad but Saudi is much worst, imo.

Both countries are theocratic monstrosities but Saudi is in a category of its own

Great OP!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Iran and Saudi Arabia are vying for regional dominance and have been so doing for some time. This, and the age-old dislike and hatred the different denominations of Islam have for each other.

Absolutely correct.

For over 1400 years and numerous civil wars within Islam.

From Yemen,Northern Africa,Libya to southern Africa Somalia.

To the almost the entire middle east. Iraq,Afghanistan,Pakistan, Syria.

The Sunni, and Shia have been waging their proxy wars against each other.

The 12ers versus the Wahabbist's.

It's nothing new. Except now they are dragging the rest of the world in their crap sand which expecting us to take a bite out of it.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: SLAYER69

We can easily say that TODAYS problems are at all times monitored, prodded, and instigated.

Can you honestly believe that even one single thing going on over there has been without interference ?

Since WW2 I can say without reservation that EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM over there has ties to the USA, and many, many others.

USA 240 years old, the people controlling it are pros for THOUSANDS OF YEARS, Judaism, Christianity, all manner of groups.

Well said. And starred. Falls on deaf ears in this kind of thread though. I see another cramping up to war in the Middle East. It always begins with a propaganda campaign in all the news stations and social media.

One reason this is obvious is the way the sauds lop of 57 heads including a cleric and theres no response from the west. When ISIS whatsis does it, hullabaloo.

They been playing the footage of the molotov cocktail hitting the upper floor of the Saudi embassy in Tehran over and over.

Come on guys…

gotta do better than that. Oh, they are. Now all the coalition of the NATO proxy ME nations are "severing diplomatic ties", canceling flights and goods shipments to Iran.

More siege measures, more rhetoric aimed specifically at Iran, not the Sauds who just chopped off 57 heads, a feat even ISIS hasn't matched to date.

They ought to be bombing Riyadh.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You'd like NATO left out of the argument because you well know they are behind whats occurring over there.

Its your job to down play that, why you and others always say leave NATO out of it.

pffft…

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You'd like NATO left out of the argument because you well know they are behind whats occurring over there.

Its your job to down play that, why you and others always say leave NATO out of it.

Er, difficult I know, but in the context of this thread (Saudi and Iran) NATO is not part of the equation. I know you want to believe they are everywhere, pernicious and evil, but they are not.

Like I say, go start a thread on NATO. Try to keep to topic.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

The Sauds intentionally picking a fight with Iran to justify ramping up hostilities towards them is only too obvious. The main stream media ignoring the (57) ISIS style beheadings that caused the ruckus and playing along with them by reacting to the Saudi embassy being attacked is all part of the plot.

Gives the US plausible deniability, (hey its an old religious thing), knowing full well who's in collation cahoots. The unamebale "coalition in cahoots", yes.

Carry on…

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Funny though how all that ancient historical 'precedent' just happens to coincide with the US state department plan to conquer all these nations, too. Like they were all destroying nation after nation in the entire region before the US landed in the Persian Gulf, in Saudi Arabia, prior to Desert Storm.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobadwhereby Iran and Saudi Arabia would operate together as local guardians of US interests in the region.

*Understatement

Sorry if US lost one of her interest's guardians . thats THE most troubling problem with Iran today .

its not our "nuclear program" or anything like that . we've not attacked anyone for 300 years (thats how old US is as a country) and man , we could attack everyone in our neighborhood . but we didn't .

You don't build world's biggest country (Persia) by spilling blood . you do it by winning their heart .

en.wikipedia.org...

Point being , that this is a ridiculous game thats being played .

Saudia beheads 48 people ISIS-style and the world does what ? NOTHING .

Saudia is the chairman of UN human rights council . the jokes on this world .

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Saudia beheads 48 people ISIS-style and the world does what ? NOTHING .

Saudia is the chairman of UN human rights council . the jokes on this world .

Anyone that knows me knows exactly what I think of Saudi Arabia. They are a criminal nation full stop. I wasn't making this thread to pick one side over the other, I wanted to take non bias look at their diplomatic relations in the 30 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join