It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review......Hateful 8

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I usually like Tarantino.... this is long, heavy on the cliches, dd I mention looong?
Typical Tarantino blood fest in the last 1/4 but not worth the wait! Corny dialog but at least Teri to no is loyal
To his usual stars.

edit on 3-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Everyone I know who saw it said it was long and clunky. I am surprised it is getting any Oscar buzz.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Long and clunky is the Academy way isn't it?

Teri to no, what a great name olaru12.

edit on 3/1/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
im not gonna say this movie sucks but it sucks for tarantino.
i had high hopes for this movie. tarantino knocked it out of the park with django. the cast for this was excellent.
it just didnt deliver. it took about 45 minutes or so for it to start to pick up. the 2nd half is much better than the 1st half but i just dont think its a good movie

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Long and clunky is the Academy way isn't it?

Not really, most of the nominees from last few years were pretty damn good.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I kind of liked it. It reminded me of Reservoir Dogs in a way but set in the old west. Yeah, it was long and not quite streamlined but far from terrible.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I kind of liked it. It reminded me of Reservoir Dogs in a way but set in the old west. Yeah, it was long and not quite streamlined but far from terrible.

That is how I feel about it as well.

Classic terrintino, N-BOMB every other word, blood fountains, tacky yet tasteful at the same time.

Though I think the plot was too cliche the entire time.

I kinda saw how it was going to go down except for "magic mike" there were no suprises for me really.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Boycotting in support of law enforcement.

Blue Lives Matter

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thx Olaru, I was debating watching it, I suppose I will now .

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Long and clunky but I enjoyed it, but I enjoy any film where Samuel L gets a lot of dialogue

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It's incredibly slow and lacks the awesome dialogue that made the other Tarantino movies as good as they were. I dunno, I'd probably like it more if he hadn't made it as I would've gone in with lower expectations.

It's not a crap film at all, just disappointing.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Just watched it there now..
First hour and a half, tedious. I was contemplating switching it off.

Then it kicks into life and becomes a classic Tarantino serving..

One for the fans, not so much for film buffs

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It was long and a little slow, outcome was somewhat predictable. I liked Kurt Russell but I always do, Sam L Jackson's recount of past events to the general was karmically hilarious albeit graphic. I saw his name in the credits and kept wondering when Magic Mike would make his appearance. Overall I liked it but I like all Q.T. movies including true romance which he wrote but did not direct. I watched the late night showing cuz it was Christmas eve and I couldn't sleep, I walked away satisfied, ready for bed and tomorrow.
edit on 3-1-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Probably a good idea to put a spoilers warning up if you are going to reveal the end of the film.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
True, my bad totally slipped my mind. I think most who wanted to see it have by now to be fair though. There edited no spoiler.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

edit on 3-1-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Another sort of Jackie Brown moment? OK movie that just sort of misses because it was never firing on all cylinders to begin with?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
It's incredibly slow and lacks the awesome dialogue that made the other Tarantino movies as good as they were. I dunno, I'd probably like it more if he hadn't made it as I would've gone in with lower expectations.

It's not a crap film at all, just disappointing.

Agree. I was really disappointed to, not nearly as good as I was expecting but I've been spoiled by his other works I guess.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Really? it sucked??...well time for streaming..

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I miss the conversations in this one. He is a master of dialogue. Maybe this one will grow on me. As far as characters are Jenifer Jason Leigh was a great crazy girl. And as tarintino goes it's not his best in my opinion but he was there. He romanticized/glamorized the world of another dark part of our world... Bounty hunters. And this was beautiful in 70 mm. Worth the watch just for that.
edit on 3-1-2016 by Sillyosaurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Never have been a fan of Tarantino and this movie just reaffirmed my feelings. He is by far the most overrated movie 'producer' although he is an alright director.

Hateful eight was, to me, a really long and drawn out film. It was tough for me to sit through the whole thing in the theater and only did so because i was with family. I left the theater with a bad headache and wishing I could somehow get back those three hours of my life.

I will say that it was better than I was expecting but that's not really saying much because of my disdain for his movies. Django unchained and inglorious bastards were by far his best movies. Never could get on the bandwagon with kill bill, that was just horribly and mind numbingly awful.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join