It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

movies that are heavy on the dialogue....a sample inside. 'london'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i am a big fan of movies with a lot of dialogue. i like snappy, fast paced, back and forth dialogue. i like history and pop culture references. little obscure bits that i can look up and verify and drop on people. lots of trivia that way.

does not have to be award winning but here is something that i have not seen in a while but am going to watch it tonight.
its called london.
basically about a dude that crashes his ex's going away party but winds up doing yayo all night off a van gogh painting wiht jason stathem.

i really do love this movie. here is a sample

and of course the award winning glengerry glenross. some of the greatest dialogue ever.
a sample and of course.....language

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Most of this terrible movie was like a stage play,,,,,

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Not bad flick with an Epic soundtrack!

....And Jessica Biel

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

very let down by this.
tarantino usually has killer dialogue but this movie was not as snappy.
it took about 45 minutes at least to even start to become a good film. the only reason i kept at it is because of tarantino. if this was another director i would have turned it off.

i wanted to like this movie much more than i did.

some great dialogue in true romance. my favorite tarantino flick.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
Not bad flick with an Epic soundtrack!

....And Jessica Biel

yeah man.
this movie gets pretty bad remarks from everyone i talk to but i loved it.
i know it is mostly in a bathroom but the philosophical debates they have are fantastic.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Two of my favorites with pretty fast paced dialogue are His Girl Friday and The Philadelphia Story. The thing about HGF is that the script is so much longer than the typical script (as far as dialogue is concerned) the dialogue *had* to be fast in order to fit into the 1.5 hour time frame.

And they're both Cary Grant.

I might also add Father Goose, also with Mr. Grant.

I'm sure there are few other more recent ones I just can't recall off hand.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

That clip displayed no great talent of an intelligent discussion unless, I suppose, one is high when it is viewed. You want words that cause you to hang on every word and want to discuss later things that were said? Check out the movie My Dinner With Andre. Two guys talking over dinner. A classic for your area of interest.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

My Dinner With Andre is a great film, some really insightful and intelligent dialogue in there.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Most Aaron Sorkin TV shows and movies, including his latest STEVE JOBS.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

That clip displayed no great talent of an intelligent discussion unless, I suppose, one is high when it is viewed. You want words that cause you to hang on every word and want to discuss later things that were said? Check out the movie My Dinner With Andre. Two guys talking over dinner. A classic for your area of interest.

i said heavy on the dialogue for the record.
something else for the record. i am almost always under the influence of something
edit on 8-1-2016 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
THE BIG KAHUNA with Kevin Spacey and Danny DeVito is another good one.

Like GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS it's also about talky, obnoxious salesmen. Not as good as Mamet's stuff. But very good if you like talky movies.

join